Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seat Removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TeenerTim
I've looked at the manual and tried the search here. How do I get these stupid things out. sawzall-smiley.gif
iamchappy
Two ways, they come off the sliders if you shove a long screw driver down the rail with the notched spring clip that serves as a stop for the seat, or remove the 4 - 10mm bolts that hold the rails to the floorboard hinge.
jasons
Yeah, one rail has a spring that will catch on a stop. You can move the seat all the way forward until it hits the stop. Use your hand and push the spring up into the rail, and the seat will slide off the tracks.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(TeenerTim @ Feb 2 2008, 10:41 AM) *

I've looked at the manual and tried the search here. How do I get these stupid things out. sawzall-smiley.gif

If you still have trouble call me and I will describe the process.
SirAndy
QUOTE(jasons @ Feb 2 2008, 09:52 AM) *

Yeah, one rail has a spring that will catch on a stop. You can move the seat all the way forward until it hits the stop. Use your hand and push the spring up into the rail, and the seat will slide off the tracks.

agree.gif

slide forward until it hits the stop, reach under the rail and push up the leafy spring and slide all the way out ...
bye1.gif Andy
VaccaRabite
HA! I remember the day I took my seats out. Took me a solid 2 hours to figure it out. Post 3 has the answer you want, though. Once you get the first one, the second is easier.

Zach
race914
My seat is out so I took a pic of the rail spring. The spring is on the left side rail. The front of the seat is to the left. If you look at the spring along the long slot, you can see the screwdriver marks where I push the spring up to get over the peg on the rail. You have to hold the spring up with the screwdriver in your left hand, and push the seat forward at the same time with your right.

Click to view attachment
TeenerTim
Thanks everyone. It's been 10 years since my last teener. The seat slider handle was broken and the seat was all the way back so I couldn't see the rear bolts. First time with a fixed passenger seat too but that was a no brainer. Thanks again. pray.gif
KELTY360
Great timing on this thread. I didn't know about the spring release and had always undone the bolts at the rear which can be a PITA getting them back on. Had to replace my e-brake warning light switch today and removing the seat with the spring release was much easier.

biggrin.gif
tracks914
I can go into my car and have the seats out in about 2 minutes. It's easy as pie once you know what to do.
degreeoff
I used to take mine out just to have a comfy seat @ BBQ's...like my old VW Bus too those were super comfy!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.