Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 5 Lug Conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rebelmdot
Will I need to have flares for 1981 911 wheels to go on a 1973 1.7? I think fronts are 16" x 7" and rears are 16" x 9". How do I go about the 5 lug conversion? Thanks.
PeeGreen 914
Well... yes and no. You won't be able to fit that in the rear without doing something. DrEvil's car is the best example, off the top of my head, of flaring without using the GT flares.
rebelmdot
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Feb 5 2008, 12:22 AM) *

Well... yes and no. You won't be able to fit that in the rear without doing something. DrEvil's car is the best example, off the top of my head, of flaring without using the GT flares.

Car will ultimately get flared, just did not know if I could put the better looking wheels on with conversion or both necessary. I will get in touch with that EVIL person.
PeeGreen 914
I think 7s are all you can fit without any modifications. You can fit 8s with rolling the lip a bit, but it does take work.
pete-stevers
16x 7 fuches with 225s require quite a bit of lip rolling in the rear
rebelmdot
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Feb 5 2008, 12:22 AM) *

any 5 lug conversion details?
PeeGreen 914
On the five lug conversion you simply get a 911 front end that has the hubs and a-arms and all. the rears you just need to get the hubs for it. There are some... I believe Dr.Evil has some, that are simply the same hub as what is only your 914 but has been drilled out to accomodate the five lug. I belive if you search the threadsd you should come up with some good advice on it.
rebelmdot
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Feb 5 2008, 01:04 AM) *

On the five lug conversion you simply get a 911 front end that has the hubs and a-arms and all. the rears you just need to get the hubs for it. There are some... I believe Dr.Evil has some, that are simply the same hub as what is only your 914 but has been drilled out to accomodate the five lug. I belive if you search the threadsd you should come up with some good advice on it.

Thank you, Grazie, Gracias
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(rebelmdot @ Feb 5 2008, 02:36 AM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Feb 5 2008, 01:04 AM) *

Thank you, Grazie, Gracias

Aircooled Racing makes the rear hubs. I was at his shop 2 weeks ago, and he just got a bunch of them back from his fabricator (stocking up for Hershey).

http://www.aircooledracing.com/ Steve's website BLOWS, but he is a nice guy. Give him a call.

Zach
Spoke
5-lug conversion was one of the most fun jobs I've had on my 914. It can be just a bolt-on thing with 911 front end and 5-lug drilled rear hubs. Can also get 5-lug drilled 914 front hubs and keep the 914 front end.

Here's the link for my green 914 where I 5-lug converted it in the first few pages.

Spoke's Green 914 Progress Thread

TeenerTim
QUOTE(rebelmdot @ Feb 5 2008, 01:40 AM) *

any 5 lug conversion details?

You can also get the rear hubs from our very own Eric Shea.
http://www.pmbperformance.com/catalog/item...565/1355564.htm
markwemple
FWIW, a stock SC wheel config is 15 x 6 & 7. Then up to 16 x 6 & 7. 7 & 9s were turbo territory.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.