Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Shoot Out
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
ConeDodger
shades.gif Dan,
Have you got anything I can tell HW yet?
DanT
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Mar 4 2008, 09:07 PM) *

shades.gif Dan,

forgive my ineptitude.....HW?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Mar 4 2008, 09:18 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Mar 4 2008, 09:07 PM) *

shades.gif Dan,

forgive my ineptitude.....HW?

Harvey??? We need a sponsor for his hotel room... Saturday night.
ConeDodger
cheer.gif Come on down to the Shoot Out! Trash talking is required...
sean_v8_914
hhmmm...drive my car 7 hours north, AX for 2 days, then 7 hours back to SD. if Sue wants to go, where do I put my V710s?
6freak
Marina things sounds like fun..I would really like to convoy that would make it more enjoyable .and to see many cars in a row haul`n ass down I5 would be cool...Hell lets make it a race there ?everyone puts $100 in the pot winner take all no rules.....crazy idea but sounds fun dont it driving.gif
6freak
QUOTE(6freak @ Mar 20 2008, 09:44 AM) *

Marina things sounds like fun..I would really like to convoy that would make it more enjoyable .and to see many cars in a row haul`n ass down I5 would be cool...Hell lets make it a race there ?everyone puts $100 in the pot winner take all no rules.....crazy idea but sounds fun dont it driving.gif

come people no takers on the cannon ball style run to cali smilie_pokal.gif
6freak
QUOTE(6freak @ Mar 25 2008, 11:50 AM) *

QUOTE(6freak @ Mar 20 2008, 09:44 AM) *

come people no takers on the cannon ball style run to cali smilie_pokal.gif

WHIMPS WTF.gif
DanT
Here is the hotel information for the event
Thanks to Trekkor for obtaining these rooms and rates for our event.

GROUP CONTRACT

GROUP NAME: 914 Club

ARRIVAL DATE: August 1, 2008 ARRIVAL TIME: 3:00 PM

DEPARTURE DATE: August 3, 2008 DEPARTURE TIME: 11:00 AM

TOTAL NUMBER OF ROOMS: Ten (10)

5 single

5 double

COST PER ROOM: $125.99 + taxes* (single)

$143.99 + taxes* (double)

*(Taxes include 10% occupancy tax and $.50 County Tourism Assessment)

RELEASE DATE FOR BLOCK: July 1, 2008

This contract is for a block of rooms being held at the Quality Inn Monterey Beach Dunes in Marina, CA. The group rate quoted is only valid until the release date as stated above. Any reservations booked after the release date will be subject to room availability and rate increases. Any non-reserved guests that attempt to arrive without a reservation will not be honored with the advanced booking group rate.

All guests must call the toll free number 800 550 0055 to book reservations. At the time of the booking, the guest needs to mention the group name to the booking agent to receive the group rate. The agent or staff of the hotel will not adjust room rates at check in. It is important that all guests identify themselves with the group name provided

A Ten Dollar ($10.00) telephone deposit is required, per room, for outside telephone service, including credit card/operated assisted calling. This deposit is fully refundable, less any telephone charges that the guest has incurred. The motel will not accept collect telephone calls for any guest. Personal checks will not be accepted or cashed.

Complimentary continental breakfast is served daily in the breakfast room inside the lobby from 7am – 10am. For the guest convenience the hotel has a courtesy laundry room, Jacuzzi, vending machines including complimentary ice, and complimentary high speed wireless internet.
jimtab
I would love to be there to try out the new rear struts "in anger" but I'll be in Monaco that Saturday and Livorno on the Sunday....poor me. Lyn and I are doing a "grand tour" 14 day cruise of the Med for our 40th anniversary....gotta do something......of course due to poor planing I'll be almost 3 months late for the Grand Prix de Monaco....one of these days tho...... biggrin.gif I am gonna hire a cab to take me on a drive over the course, he probably won't be as fast as Masa or Hamilton ...
DanT
icon_bump.gif
DanT
icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif

thanks for looking biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914
So I've been trying to get this to work out for my family, but a 12 hour drive with a newborn and a 2 year old would be too much. I hope to make it next year if you can have it again biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jun 17 2008, 01:31 AM) *

So I've been trying to get this to work out for my family, but a 12 hour drive with a newborn and a 2 year old would be too much. I hope to make it next year if you can have it again biggrin.gif

Oh don't worry Jon, we have plenty of spankings to hand out. You will not be missed. But do come down sometime soon and get waxed and sent packing! (insert trash talk smiley) biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914
Oh Rob chair.gif biggrin.gif
BMXerror
Do we have a head count for this thing? I put in for the time today, so you can put me on the 'definitely' list.
Mark D.
Chris Hamilton
Anyone looking for a potential taste of what's to come can watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QftrDvj_K_Y
6freak
QUOTE(Chris Hamilton @ Jun 18 2008, 07:43 PM) *

Anyone looking for a potential taste of what's to come can watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QftrDvj_K_Y

Can we do the motorhome thing on site or do we have to leave every nite.Im really thinking about it
Chris Hamilton
icon_bump.gif
hot_shoe914
Do we get an automatic 15 seconds shaved off our time if we drive in from Tennessee? Also no penalties for hitting cones? driving-girl.gif
DanT
I would suggest everyone that is planning on attending go to the GGR classification site and class their car according to our points system. That way everyone will also have a PAX index number for the weekend. PAX is used to have differently prepared cars compete effectively via a multiplication factor applied to your best time. biggrin.gif
http://comp.pca-ggr.org/rulcomm_cs/web/index.php

By the time we have the Shootout, GGR should also have our new timing system up and running. Similar to what SCCA uses with bar code scanners etc. smilie_pokal.gif
DanT
icon_bump.gif biggrin.gif
914 Monster
How far is it from Los Angeles? WTF.gif
DanT
depending on where in the LA basin....but ~5 hours +or-.
BMXerror
QUOTE(914 Monster @ Jun 27 2008, 11:33 PM) *

How far is it from Los Angeles? WTF.gif

Google Earth says 340 miles from the city of LA to Marina.
I'll get my 'economic stimulus' check on the 5th. I'm not sure how buying components for a front swaybar will help the economy, but whatever! biggrin.gif
BTW. Anyone have a track layout in mind? Track maps?
Mark D.
DanT
course is being co-designed by a former 914 pilot and a current 914 pilot...
so it should be a pretty nice course with something for everyone.
when the design is finalized, I will post it for your enjoyment biggrin.gif
DanT
come on folks, it would be great to see more 914s than 911s at this event...

quit looking at it and drive it. biggrin.gif
BMXerror
QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Jun 30 2008, 04:24 PM) *

quit looking at it and drive it. biggrin.gif

I did!.... just now!.... for the first time in 10 months! The new engine is broken in and ready to go! Let's see if I can get some custom sways done before August 2nd. biggrin.gif
Mark D.
DanT
just a little over 3 weeks to go biggrin.gif

are you signed up, are you going to actually drive your car instead of talking about it?

come on. there will be some very fast 914s in attendance. driving.gif driving.gif
DanT
tic, tic, tic, tic.............. biggrin.gif

OK you got to cruise around and see the sights now it is time to actually DRIVE your car. driving.gif driving.gif
DanT
Hellooooooooooooooooooooooo smile.gif
BMXerror
'Fraid I can't make it after all. sad.gif No money for the trip in addition to the stuff that needs to be done with that car. I can afford the work, or the trip. Not both! Also, I cracked a trailing arm a week ago and that needs to be fixed. Bummer too. I've been looking forward to this all year.... Guess, I need to find something more local. dry.gif Sorry Dan.
Mark D.
DanT
that is too bad Mark sad.gif . We will probably be doing something similar next year...so stay tuned. smile.gif
ScooterD
Dan,
Is there some official sign up sheet for this event or do I just show up like I usually do for the GGR events. On the Club site I saw something about preregestering for this event and getting a T-shirt, but I could not find that sign up list either. confused24.gif
See you this Saturday at Bay Meadows! driving.gif
Scott Detro

DanT
Scott, use this address

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/dashboard

you have to register with the site, it is free.

if you can't get thru on that one start here at

www.motorsportreg.com

glad you are going to make it Scott.

by the way Scott, this Saturday's AX has been moved to Alameda not Bay Meadows.

I won't be there though sad.gif I had already committed to instruct at Trekkor's AX school being put on thru Track Masters at Sears Point on Saturday...
Have a good day, but be sure to go to Alameda.

A lot of the 914 guys will be at Sears on Saturday so you might be one of only one or two at Alameda.
ScooterD
Dan,
Thanks for the registration info, I did sucessfully register at MotorSportReg.com

Also thanks for pointing me in the right directoin for this Saturday, I am sorry I missed out on the training event ar Sears Point+, I think my head was in the sand for too long a period and I missed out. See you at the shoot out!
Scott
DanT
clap56.gif clap56.gif fighting19.gif fighting19.gif boom.gif boom.gif 14.gif
Justinp71
Wow show your true feelings...

you could just do a icon_bump.gif Are you shooting the smiley faces???

Seriously though, I may make it if I can get my car back together, I'm not to far away...sounds like fun!
DanT
just doing a bump is boring ....

tweaking a few folks is more fun....

and the shooting was in reference to the "shoot out" not anyone I was putting a contract on. biggrin.gif

there will be several chopped and gutted 914s in attendance to the shootout...and they are all looking for TTOD on both days...some with 6s and some with type IVs
maybe we can finally put that discussion to rest...........at least for a short while dry.gif

come on down and play with some of the fastest Porsches on the west coast.
BKLA
Went through the GGR classification...

Who else is in AX7?

Here's hoping to be there!!!! drunk.gif

EDIT: Missed a few items, now a AX5.... i think...
DanT
come on, don't you want to drive your car in a safe, fast, ticket free environment? biggrin.gif
Borderline
I think they afraid of being beaten by the Putt-Putt.........

Hey guys, Dan sold the little orange car! It's safe to come out and play now! biggrin.gif
DanT
sure come on out and play... biggrin.gif
DanT
popcorn[1].gif poke.gif
grantsfo
Should be a blast! Sounds like 2007 Parade winning car will be there with Steve N at the helm!. This is shaping up to be the the biggest 914 AX event ever! 914's should rule the day!

cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif
DanT
here is a partial list of big guns and their cars

Hamilton racing 914-4 with AdrewB
Beast 914-6 semi tubed rocket with BillP
#222 914-4 with RandalB
Pirate Ship with Grantsfo and Dan (almaden Valley)
Shitbox with JP and Britain
914-6 3.2ss with BillD
914-4 Parade winner 2007 with SteveN
Possibly multi parade winner TomP (we are still working on him behind the scenes)
and then we have many well driven and well set up 914-6 and 914-4s coming as well

even if you don't plan on driving (why not?) you should cruise down to Marina on Saturday or Sunday and see probably the biggest collection of 914s AXing for fun, fame and bragging rights.
JRust
I've got my car in the shop! Depending on the verdict we shall see. I would love to make the trip down. Be nice to do an AX even if I will get stomped. Love to give it a whirl though. I don't need to have a roll bar do I?
grantsfo
QUOTE(JRust @ Jul 23 2008, 01:50 PM) *

I've got my car in the shop! Depending on the verdict we shall see. I would love to make the trip down. Be nice to do an AX even if I will get stomped. Love to give it a whirl though. I don't need to have a roll bar do I?

No roll bar required. Just a safe car with belts that are in good working order and a helmet.
grantsfo
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif Only TEN days to the Shootout!!!! piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
JRust
Bad news! My car did blow a headgasket (v8). Good news is heads are at the machine shop as we speak. Should have it back on friday barring a setback biggrin.gif

More good news I mentioned the shootout to the wife. Kids are actually in Utah visiting family until the 5th. So we could make a nice weekend trip down. smile.gif Anyone else bringing their significant others? Not sure the whole autox scene will work for my wife!

Hopefully I can get a few parts sold to help defray my fuel & lodging! Either way things are looking up piratenanner.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.