Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hey Krusty, need pic of BMW fuel filter installed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
watsonrx13
Krusty, you replied to another thread:

I recommend the round metal filter made for the BMW 2002 Tii. BMW part number 13 32 1 256 492. Bosch number 71 015. Same hose size, a little longer, similar diameter, should have excellent filtration specs for EFI (although it's made for MFI). Cheaper, too. I use 'em on customers' cars all the time. The Cap'n

I was wondering if you have a picture of this fuel filter installed on a customer's 914? I have a '74 FI 2.0 with one of the white fuel filters and I'll be ordering the BMW filter soon.

-- Rob
Joe Ricard
Rob just go to FLAPS and buy a fuel injection filter one inlet one outlet 5/16" tubes. it's about 3" diameter and 4 inches long.

our engine builder should have demaned it. I put one of these before and after the pump.
jk76.914
I noticed that the filter for my daughter's '99 VW Cabrio has the right hose sizes. I mounted one just upstream from the fuel rails, in the engine compartment....

I kept my plastic low pressure filter up front between the tank and the pump. (Filter photo from Drivewire.com)

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
watsonrx13
Jim, thanks for the photo...

You mentioned you have a low pressure fuel filter between the tank and the pump, is it one of the small round clear plastic ones that you can see thru?

-- Rob
jk76.914
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Feb 19 2008, 08:13 AM) *

Jim, thanks for the photo...

You mentioned you have a low pressure fuel filter between the tank and the pump, is it one of the small round clear plastic ones that you can see thru?

-- Rob

Nope. Mine's a '76, and I'm still using the stock square filter, translucent white, up front. Inlet and outlet are different diameters.

I put the Bosch in because I got worried about crap from the pump during the switchover to gasohol.

Good luck!
Jim
Cap'n Krusty
I don't have a picture. Mark Britell has one on his car, but he's still busy with moving. It just goes in place of the stock filter, between the special hose and the short hose to the pump. The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.