Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: High Performance Exhaust Systems
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
ChrisFoley
The highest quality, best performing system available for T4 powered cars. Will dramatically boost mid-range torque. Custom built to meet your requirements.

Tangerine Racing and Street Headers
race914
I bought a system from Chris and could not be happier with its quality or performance. The cross over 'tri-Y' design is superior over the 4 into 1 systems.

Greg Braun
Nipomo, Ca
qa1142
Add heat and I'll buy one! idea.gif
jd74914
QUOTE (qa1142 @ Nov 2 2005, 07:40 PM)
Add heat and I'll buy one! idea.gif

Chris's headers have a heat exchanger option. Just scroll down the link. Its near the bottom cool.gif
914werke
Chris can you add a pic like the above with the HE option?
blitZ
Do you still get a worthwhile performance boost if you use a street muffler?
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (rdauenhauer @ Nov 6 2005, 11:09 PM)
Chris can you add a pic like the above with the HE option?

I don't currently have a pic like that with the H/X but I will be building a system with the heat option in the next couple months and will try to take a number of pics. The best pics I have of the H/X are on the webpage link in my first post.
Do you still get a worthwhile performance boost if you use a street muffler?
The picture above is my old design with a Stage I silencer. My current Evo design can incorporate either the Stage I (race) or Stage II (street) silencer that I make. There is no convenient way to attach a conventional (ie. cheap) muffler to my header without it having a negative influence on the added performance.
I have a system at my shop with a Stage II silencer. I'll take a pic like the one above and post it.
ChrisFoley
Here's the pic I promised:
user posted image
lapuwali
Where does the shift linkage go? Does it snake between the primaries?
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (lapuwali @ Nov 17 2005, 01:51 PM)
Where does the shift linkage go? Does it snake between the primaries?

It fits in the crotch below the two primary collectors.
The clutch cable does need some relocation and a heat resistant sleeve so the header doesn't melt the outer plastic sheath. I have used two different solutions for the cable, both seem to work fine. One is below the header pipes and the other is above. Since my race car is so low I worked out a route that puts it up near the pushrod tubes. Both solutions involve repositioning the bracket that holds the pulley.
ChrisFoley
Here are pics of the simple mod to lower the clutch cable.
ChrisFoley
Installed:
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.