Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche Family Reunion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Porsche Family Reunion
Saturday, March 29th
Family Donuts & Deli
9045 Fair Oaks Blvd. (Corner of Fair Oaks Blvd. and San Juan Avenue)
Fair Oaks, CA (South East Sac Metro Area)
All Porsche Cars and Porsche Relatives Welcome (550 and Speedster kits etc...)
9:00 AM to 12 Noon

Monthly Event last Saturday of the month March through October...
JeffBowlsby
What city did you say Rob? wink.gif
ConeDodger
Sorry Jeff,
Fair Oaks is a suburb of Sacramento. It is on the South East side of the Sacramento metro area. Ahhhrnold has a house about 3 blocks away on the river bluff. No you can't see it. Well, from the other side of the river but not from the side the house is on.
Rob
ConeDodger
Just a month until the first Porsche Family Reunion! Help your car see its cousins!!!
ConeDodger
What are the chances we can outnumber all the other Porsches with 914's??? Come on guys! Let's get this thing started off right!
jcd914
I have penciled this in my schedule (they don't let me have ink anymore).

Sadly I doubt that my 914 will be up and running by then, although it is only about 1.4 miles from my house with a little help it could be pushed that far.

Family Donuts is a favorite at my house, a good place to spend a Saturday morning. chowtime.gif

Jim
ConeDodger
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Feb 27 2008, 12:16 PM) *

I have penciled this in my schedule (they don't let me have ink anymore).

Sadly I doubt that my 914 will be up and running by then, although it is only about 1.4 miles from my house with a little help it could be pushed that far.

Family Donuts is a favorite at my house, a good place to spend a Saturday morning. chowtime.gif

Jim

Jim,

We spend a morning or two there as well... Savie and A have kind of become friends. A loves his Boxster and always comes out to see whatever Porsche I drive when I come. A's sister cuts all of our hair...

It should be a fun get-together...
ConeDodger
Be there bumpity bump bump!!!
ConeDodger
Be there again for the first time!

I'm not sure what that means but it sounded like what some advertising person might say! biggrin.gif
porschecb
I will more than likely be there. Had some mobile guy do the dent repair on my front fender (pretty good job) will primer in black so it looks decent. Still have the water spot issue (etched paint below the clear and into the base paint (repaint) my insurance will take care of all of it. Just got a full tank of gas yesterday (first time in over a year) now my gas guage is stuck at 1/8. Oh well!

Michael
ConeDodger
OH NO!!! Some admin highlighted this! Now I can't back out and not have the event! Oh well... Be there or be geometric biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
OMG!!! The 29th of March is coming so mark your calenders for the Porsche Family Reunion in Sacramento!!!
ConeDodger
Let's all go to the Porsche Family Reunion!!!
ConeDodger
Evening icon_bump.gif
RoadGlue
So is it just a meet and greet? How about a tour? Is this happening in a parking lot, or is it a park with benches, etc? Entice me to drive out 2.5 hours. smile.gif
ConeDodger
Randy,
At present it is just a meet and greet. It is at a corner strip mall at the end with the anchor business. We could probably put together a tour but this is going to be a monthly event and we are just trying to get it off the ground for now. Maybe you should wait for one of the later events?
ConeDodger
Come on out to the first monthly Porsche Family Reunion in Sacramento!
ConeDodger
I know of a Carrera GT that lives just blocks away... Maybe just maybe...
racerx9146
Rob

Dont take this the wrong way but why add another event when Eurosunday accomplishes the same thing?

Daron
ConeDodger
PCA Social Event...
ConeDodger
driving.gif driving-girl.gif Drive on down to Fair Oaks for the Porsche Family Reunion at Family Donuts and Deli!

Gossip with the kin!!!
ConeDodger
driving.gif See cousin Edna with driving gloves on!!!
ConeDodger
Talk about strange uncle Will with all of the Orangevale relatives!!! Have a donut! Have six! Go in the bathroom and barf.gif
Toast
I'll think about it.

toast.gif
ConeDodger
Oh that's right! The Toasty one has friends or relatives in North Highlands or Antelope is it???
ConeDodger
So be there and nibble on some Toast! wub.gif
Toast
chowtime.gif

Yep, North Ghettolands ar15.gif

I mean, No. Highlands.
biggrin.gif
porschecb
So fly up! I will pick up at the airport and Rob will drive you back! biggrin.gif Rob?
ConeDodger
Toast drives... only a week and a half to go until the Porsche Family Reunion. Come and see if Uncle Seymore's new teeth look real!
Toast
Why fly when I have a 914 to drive? slap.gif biggrin.gif

But thanks for the offer guys. biggrin.gif

I'll see how this thread progresses. If more 914 peeps plan to show (by posting here-hint-hint), then I will spend the dough on pricey gasoline to drive up.

Otherwise I may wait until the next 914 breakfast or bbq. sad.gif

driving-girl.gif

toast.gif
ConeDodger
That nephew who was doing jail time is out. Maybe she will even be there... biggrin.gif
eg914
Rob,

This sounds like a fun idea. I am planning on being there. What other venues have you posted on, and what has the response been like?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(eg914 @ Mar 13 2008, 10:52 PM) *

Rob,

This sounds like a fun idea. I am planning on being there. What other venues have you posted on, and what has the response been like?

Bill,
I am glad you plan on coming. I am hoping it is small this first time. With that in mind, I am posting here and .club and the Social Directors blast email through SVR - PCA. Think of it more on the order of one of Michael's things at Palm Street. Then when we see what the demographics and problems are we can try and expand it a bit. You will love the owner. He is a very nice guy.
ConeDodger
Just two weeks until the Porsche Family Reunion... See Aunt Betty's new Cayman. That old Croc is a character isn't she!!!
ConeDodger
All the cool cars will be parking in the lot and diggin' on the donuts...
biosurfer1
I'd like to make it but I'll be out of town... a much needed vacation after a long, long project
eg914
What could be more vacationy than eating donuts and absorbing 914s?

mmmmmmm...donuts
ConeDodger
Well... I guess we can gossip about Uncle Brett! blink.gif Enjoy your well deserved vacation Brett...
ConeDodger
Come on down to the big donut feed and coffee buzz and see the family!!!
ConeDodger
Come on down. Donuts, coffee, comraderie... Be there...
ConeDodger
See the cousins. Hear their stories. Hear Uncle Eric fart in front of everyone and go "what"?
minndodger
This thread is worth opening up just to read about the next relative. biggrin.gif What about Great Aunt Ruth who is always talking about how "perky" all of the younger women breasts are. blink.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(minndodger @ Mar 20 2008, 07:11 AM) *

This thread is worth opening up just to read about the next relative. biggrin.gif What about Great Aunt Ruth who is always talking about how "perky" all of the younger women breasts are. blink.gif

Oh God I know what you mean... My sister just wants to choke her! biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
You know cousin Suzie is going to be there. She is pregnant again and doesn't have a clue who the father is... This family is just too interesting to miss the Porsche Family Reunion. Be There! One week from tomorrow!
ConeDodger
One week to the Porsche Family Reunion in Sacramento! Be there. See Cousin Mike's new toupee' but don't say anything. He is so sensitive. biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
Less than a week until the Porsche Family Reunion in Sacramento at Family Donuts and Deli!!! Aunt Charlotte will be there. Try not to stare. She put those darned breast implants on Uncle Jerry's credit card. He doesn't seem to mind!!!
ConeDodger
Less than a week until the Porsche Family Reunion in Sacramento at Family Donuts and Deli! Come on down and have some Caffiene and Carbs and see your cousin Ella Mae who used to be so bookish but now has tattoos and piercings!!!
ConeDodger
Just four days until the Porsche Family Reunion! See Uncle Marty pick his nose and eat it. He thinks no one is looking!!! Always has! av-943.gif
ConeDodger
Porsche Family Reunion happens in three days! Be there to see Uncle Lenny give Cousin Susie a sermon on morality.... That slut!!!
eg914
The family is more "interesting" than I had ever imagined was possible. I can hardly wait to see what happens when they are all together and reach critical mass!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.