Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stolen 914 recovered!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
SirAndy
oh man what an emotional rollercoaster ... barf.gif

my 914 was recovered, i'll post more details as they emerge. smilie_pokal.gif

it appears there's only minor damage, the drivers side door lock was "punched" and the steering column is trashed, but there's no other visual damage to the car. hands.gif

the police has a vague discription of the thieves from an eyewitness, but that's about all at this point. ar15.gif

apparently the car was dumped on the side of the road in oakland. WTF.gif

i think i need a beer ...
beer3.gif Andy
jgara962
drunk.gif piratenanner.gif beerchug.gif

That is great news Andy. What a relief!
ChrisFoley
That's good news!
Have two! beer3.gif
SGB
WHEH!
Thats great news.
John
smilie_pokal.gif

That is good news!

I'm glad the outcome is pretty good. I would take a little damage rather than no car any day.

Congratulations.

Do you know when you might get the car back?
Trevorg7
Sweet.

T
brant
this is awesome
I'm so happy for you!

brant
sww914
You probably don't feel up to fixing it right now, and there will be towing charges, you'll need a trailer to get it home, etc.
It would probably be best if you just gave it to me, I'll take care of everything. biggrin.gif

Woo Hooo!
Congratulations Andy!
byndbad914
weird but awesome! Wonder why they would go to the trouble of getting a trailer to steal it and then dump it huh.gif Matches the intelligence level of a thief I guess.

Good news nonetheless! Shit, I am going to have a beer too smile.gif I'll pour the first drink on the ground next to my 914 laugh.gif
Demick
Wow. That's a relief!! I had really imagined that it was probably already being cut up for the $$$ parts.

Great news!!
Rusty
Congrats, Andy. smile.gif

Also, I have a steering column from a 72 that's gathering dust. it's yours if you want it... say the word.
race914
Fantastic news!

I agree, it's time for a beer3.gif

So happy for you.
davep
Good news. Lets hope they get caught before you get the car running nicely and they try again. I have seen it often, someone gets stuff stolen, that stuff is replaced, thieves come back for the new stuff, cycle repeats.
crash914
they could have been going for the engine...
horizontally-opposed
PHEW! beer3.gif

Can we talk you into finding a garage situation?

In the meantime, if you want to put it somewhere out of sight out of mind for a while, I've got a safe spot you can use for free -- for several weeks if need be.

pete
jtf914
Congrats!!!!! It's probably a good thing it wasn't running, they probably ditched it when they couldn't get it started.

I would be able to sleep for weeks, I'd keep going outside to see if it was still there...
SirAndy
my neighbour parked his trunk in front of my driveway last night just so nobody could try to roll the car out onto the street again.

made me feel much better ...
beerchug.gif Andy
PRS914-6
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif Great! that whole situation made me sick to my stomach

Gint
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 29 2008, 11:01 AM) *
i think i need a beer ...
beer3.gif Andy

Great news! I think I'll join you.
Slider
That is great news we all could imagine what you are going through even if they havent had a car stolen.. its still that we couldnt imagine how we would do if it was any of our cars!

Congrats Andy.. although i cant drink beer i will have a couple shots for you and a couple for the teener..!

Dr Evil
smile.gif I am happy for you. You know we will get you the parts! Let me know I may have some and I can re-key your locks to match your keys if no one else will. thumb3d.gif
TROJANMAN
Nice smile.gif
wbergtho
Glad to hear you got your baby back. I'm also glad you won't have to invest a fortune to make her perfect again. Great news!
rktmn247
Congrats Andy! piratenanner.gif I am so glad you got it back! What a fuchn nightmare to have to go through. beerchug.gif
yarin
Really glad you got your car back!! Chain it to your house!

beer.gif
championgt1
RIGHT ON!!! I still hope they catch the punks who took it. I will drink to this drunk.gif aktion035.gif
euro911
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 29 2008, 01:40 PM) *

my neighbour parked his trunk in front of my driveway last night just so nobody could try to roll the car out onto the street again.

made me feel much better ...
beerchug.gif Andy
Sounds like you already have it back then? confused24.gif

Awsome news! beerchug.gif

I have alarms on me scooters that transmit a signal to a small pager type receiver (2 miles max) ... I'll try to remember to post more info about the unit when I get home.
toon1
That's AWSOME!!!!!!

Good for you Andy!!

We should have another "stolen car recovery lunch chowtime.gif

time for a beer.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif
AZ914
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif biggrin.gif

smilie_pokal.gif
dinomium
For what it is worth, I have some light wieght doors that are yours if you need em.
I know there are about a bazillion parts closer, but I wanted to offer.

Great nooz, man!
JPB
Awsome!!! Freaken unbelievable!!! How you say garage with steel doors. Great news. piratenanner.gif
Pat Garvey
Happy for you Andy!

Still, I wonder how long they'd been "spotting" your car & if they new it wasn't driveable. And, why would they ditch it so quickly? Had to know something about its value, or they would have stolen a Lexus somewhere down the street. And, how could they have been so covert, with a tow truck, to not wake anyone?

Anyway, happy you're back in bidniss! Just poured myself four fingers of JD to celebrate!

Pat
iamchappy
Andy this is great news! I will be on the late night drinking thread tonight celebrating the recovery.
rick 918-S
Hey Andy! thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif laugh.gif av-943.gif You knew that was coming! av-943.gif

Really glad for ya! aktion035.gif

Have you thought about setting up a small motion sensing camera? Even the still shot ones you get from Gander Mntn work good.
jsayre914
piratenanner.gif driving-girl.gif I will drink one for you biggrin.gif
I am very happy for you. There is a good network of friends here, we will all prosecute if they catch em, it caused us all emotional turmoil.
Justinp71
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif

Maybe you can get one of those locking boots that the city uses when you don't pay your tickets....
SirAndy
QUOTE(euro911 @ Feb 29 2008, 02:27 PM) *

Sounds like you already have it back then? confused24.gif

yes, i guess i forgot to mention that! biggrin.gif

i got the car back late last night, thank god for AAA 100 mile towing. the neighbour saw the towtruck pull up and later went to park his trunk in front of the driveway.
he didn't even say a word. just parked it there over night to block the driveway. (there's no other running car in the driveway) ...

when i posted this morning, i still hadn't gone through the car to see if there was anything else broken, it all looks good.
they didn't even take any of the stuff out of the trunks!

i just hope the engine still turns over, everything looks *ok* but you never know what they did to it ...
rolleyes.gif Andy
SirAndy
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Feb 29 2008, 02:57 PM) *

And, how could they have been so covert, with a tow truck, to not wake anyone?

i live in the hills. narrow roads with carports on the same level as the road, but the houses are all either lower than the road or up high.
you can't even see my house from the road. it's like 150 steps down the stairs to get to my door.

i don't hear anything from up the road at all ...
dry.gif Andy
SirAndy
now is probably a good time to convert over to a 914-6/911 steering column ...

idea.gif Andy
euro911
... and to install a driveway sensor, and a video camera poke.gif

150 steps to the door blink.gif , whew ...
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 29 2008, 03:21 PM) *

now is probably a good time to convert over to a 914-6/911 steering column ...

idea.gif Andy

And an electro-cution circuit for those who try to break the steering lock or jimmy the ignition... chair.gif

pete
keske968
Best news i've heard all day. Thank God for a quick recovery.

beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif
Porcharu
Great news, I went directly to this thread as soon as I got home - hoping that you got your car back. piratenanner.gif
I am drinking a big beer in honor of your car being your car again beer.gif
jim_hoyland
Great news! I'll have a beer too... beer.gif
DNHunt
Great Andy,

I'm gonna have a beer to celibrate

Dave
johannes
YESSSS !!!! beerchug.gif

Dass sind jetzt gute Nachrichten ! ...
Zundfolge
I was really really hoping Chip Foos took it.

Oh well, at least you got it back.
plymouth37
cheer.gif aktion035.gif Great news! congrats on the quick recovery! aktion035.gif cheer.gif
Lou W
QUOTE(Zundfolge @ Feb 29 2008, 06:12 PM) *

I was really really hoping Chip Foos took it.

yah, that crossed my mind too. Glad to hear it's home. beerchug.gif
faster48
Great news! What's with the rash of stolen 914's lately?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.