914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
hot_shoe914
popcorn[1].gif
arkitect
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jul 3 2014, 06:21 PM) *

QUOTE(struckn @ Jul 3 2014, 02:58 PM) *

IPB Image

Not as clean or organized as most of yours, it's a busy place the wrenching never stops as long as it's not freezing.

Love the AMX! Really wanted one when they were new. Small block or big?

I wish I still had one of my old AMX's, had a 69 auto with a go pack, green with white stripes and another 69, 290 with a 4 speed. It was a blast to drive both of them.

Dave biggrin.gif
JStroud
QUOTE(Tedman5 @ Jul 6 2014, 12:24 PM) *

Nothing special, but here's mine.

Click to view attachment

Awesome looking garage, like the look of the corrugated metal on the walls. beer.gif
Flat screens a nice touch....very nice!
BobR
Here are some pics of mine, no matter how big you make it there is never enough room.Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Kansas 914
When Betsy came to visit.

Click to view attachment
Jake Raby
The shop grew too much and I lost all my space.. Then I bought a Mini- Storage business and stored my cars there... Now it has grown too much, and I am out of space again.. It was costing me money in lost units to rent out.

So, I have been building this for the last 10 weeks. I dried it in last week, ready for rough inspection as soon as I finish the siding!

Click to view attachment
MJHanna
some of it
Scott S
QUOTE(Tedman5 @ Jul 6 2014, 11:24 AM) *

Nothing special, but here's mine.

Click to view attachment

Nothing special my arse - absolutely beautiful! Very classy. beerchug.gif
naro914
QUOTE(MJHanna @ Oct 8 2014, 01:39 PM) *

some of it

I wanna see what's on the top shelf... beerchug.gif
Scott S
name='Scott S' post='1653971' date='Mar 26 2012, 09:07 AM']
The shop where the cars are kept was great. Space was getting tight (had to shuffle stuff around a lot to get work done), however the cost per square foot was really cheap and quite frankly, I loved the space. Well, we got lucky, due to some bad luck. The building went through its normal inspection last year. The fire marshal said that the wall dividing my space with the empty space next to ours was not up to code on several fronts (the electrical was scary). The wall would need to come down and be rebuilt. The owner of the building was not happy – and neither were we, as having that sort of demolition going on meant all of the cars would need to be stored elsewhere until the process was complete (and I was damn sure not going to pay the guy rent during it all). After some talks, we came to a great deal for all involved. We would move the cars out to a different on site storage facility, they would tear down the wall – however the wall would not be put back up and we would get the additional space at an extremely reduced price per square foot. We would pay for any specific improvements. It is almost done (all the cars are back inside - just some small trim work is left). I don’t have any pics of in its current state, but here is a before and during picture. We did keep a section of the second floor and turned it into an upstairs loft that is open to below (just has half walls/ railings.). It is almost time to start hanging junk on the walls and have the local gang over for a BBQ (especially with the weather we have been having – awesome.)

Here is an old before pic right after moving in - I put in the purple arrow as a reference:
Click to view attachment

In process (note purple arrow)
Click to view attachment

The short wall left up high will be the railing on that side of the loft. The loft ends at the end of that wall. A post was put in and everything else was gutted.

___
I posted the above pics a few years ago, but never a pic of the final result (below). Timing is interesting, as after all of this work, I am actively looking to move. Found out last week that the buidling next to my space was sold and will be a giant pot grow house, that is being bankrolled by a south merican "corporation". The owner of my building has a big problem, as besides some other car guys, there are also two children based businesses in our building - and all of us want out. Nothing like having a south american funded "legal" drug dealers move in next door. All that work, down the toilet. headbang.gif
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

The upsatirs loft that was left after the demolition:

Click to view attachment
Porschef
Ugh, the D-type.. drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif

Outstanding. beerchug.gif
iamchappy
QUOTE(arkitect @ Oct 7 2014, 10:24 PM) *

IPB Image

Not as clean or organized as most of yours, it's a busy place the wrenching never stops as long as it's not freezing.

I wish I still had one of my old AMX's, had a 69 auto with a go pack, green with white stripes and another 69, 290 with a 4 speed. It was a blast to drive both of them.

Dave biggrin.gif

I had a 68 silver AMX with the 4 speed and 390 and my dad had a 68 390 auto bittersweet metallic with white stripes, his auto was faster than mine. My dad trophied with his at the drag strip first time out. first.gif
messix
just a note here on the amc v8s.... there is no big block / small block.

there was first gen engines from the rambler nash years

then gen 2 or short deck 4yrs from 1966 to 70

and tall deck 1970-91

all displacements used the same block with different bores and strokes.
ezbngreen914
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Oct 8 2014, 09:31 AM) *

The shop grew too much and I lost all my space.. Then I bought a Mini- Storage business and stored my cars there... Now it has grown too much, and I am out of space again.. It was costing me money in lost units to rent out.

So, I have been building this for the last 10 weeks. I dried it in last week, ready for rough inspection as soon as I finish the siding!

Click to view attachment

Looks like there is room in the back 40 and the front 40 for a test track... driving.gif looking forward to seeing more!
ezbngreen914
Click to view attachment
ezbngreen914
Click to view attachment
oldschool
Not mine but I worked here today ...and boy what a garage piratenanner.gif Click to view attachment
EdwardBlume
Was Jay driving a blue / silver Maserati today? I saw a silver headed guy driving up Clearwater Canyon road around 9AM that looked kind of like the man... confused24.gif
MJHanna
QUOTE(naro914 @ Oct 8 2014, 01:06 PM) *

QUOTE(MJHanna @ Oct 8 2014, 01:39 PM) *

some of it

I wanna see what's on the top shelf... beerchug.gif

you mean this one biggrin.gif
jrrhdmust
Click to view attachment
76-914
Sorry for the long shot but I wanted to get it all in the pic.

Click to view attachment
914time
1974 Bumblebee and 1973 2.0. Oh, and a 1974 Thing.

Garage is 1,000sq, fully insulated with heated floors. We've packed 8 vehicles (including lawn tractor) in there before.
Scott S
QUOTE(ezbngreen914 @ Oct 8 2014, 07:45 PM) *

Absolutely wonderful...
6freak
Click to view attachment
arkitect
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Oct 8 2014, 05:22 PM) *

QUOTE(arkitect @ Oct 7 2014, 10:24 PM) *

IPB Image

Dave biggrin.gif

I had a 68 silver AMX with the 4 speed and 390 and my dad had a 68 390 auto bittersweet metallic with white stripes, his auto was faster than mine. My dad trophied with his at the drag strip first time out. first.gif

Was watchin the latest car show and they advertised some quick clips of new episodes of Overhaulin'. A couple of quick shots of one car was actually an AMX.

Incredible, they are building something other than another camaro or a mustang.

The next step would be a 914. How would Chip cut and modify one of them?

Dave
Nutter965
mine before the 4 arrived ! 964 turbo is on the ramp, doing a spruce up on the motor , floor is all nicely painted now, no doubt when the grinder starts on the 4 things will get messy !!! Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
gandalf_025
Not this clean anymore...
Way more junk in it..

Click to view attachment
dudzy's914
QUOTE(ezbngreen914 @ Oct 8 2014, 11:45 PM) *

I love this garage. Very beautiful.
jeffdon
I like how this shop just adds shelves when they need space.

Click to view attachment
rgolia
here is mine
Click to view attachment
JmuRiz
QUOTE(jeffdon @ Oct 23 2014, 08:07 AM) *

I like how this shop just adds shelves when they need space.

Click to view attachment

Same system they use outside at my local Mercedes dealer biggrin.gif
Mine only stacks one up, but that works for me.
SirAndy
Here's a picture of my garage ...
dry.gif

Click to view attachment

JStroud
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 23 2014, 12:20 PM) *

dry.gif

Click to view attachment

That's one big skylight... shades.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(JStroud @ Oct 23 2014, 12:34 PM) *

Yepp, i was standing on the "roof" of my "garage" and took that picture looking down through the "skylight".
biggrin.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 23 2014, 03:38 PM) *

QUOTE(JStroud @ Oct 23 2014, 12:34 PM) *

Yepp, i was standing on the "roof" of my "garage" and took that picture looking down through the "skylight".
biggrin.gif

Looks much wider than when you had the camo cover on the car
majkos
Old Mile High. dry.gif

Click to view attachment
BK911
Here's my shed. Does it count?

Click to view attachment
BK911
Found one of the garage:

Click to view attachment
JmuRiz
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 23 2014, 11:20 AM) *

dry.gif

Click to view attachment

OK SirAndy, time to update your photo from this old thread with the new house's garage biggrin.gif

Here's mine today...probably the last/only time it'll have 3 classic air-cooled cars stored in it. Gotta do what you gotta do to finance finishing a 914 project! Note all the car parts strewn about. For a small car, a 914 takes up a lot of space when fully taken apart.
914xr75
Click to view attachment
914_teener
Oh....67 mustang? On the left? blink.gif
914xr75
Mercury Cougar
Dion
Well here’s our humble abode. Never thought I’d have 2 Porsche’s 10 years apart in my garage. The 944 is my sons.
white1975
my garage
one of two garages still working on putting things away

and selling off the things i dont need

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
white1975
they always turn up side down

Click to view attachment
BK911
Here's the garage level of my retirement cabin. smile.gif

Click to view attachment
Andyrew
New garage.. Slowly setting it up. Going to french cleat the walls for tool storage. smile.gif
DamonsCarrera
Had a party in my garage ... 914 in the corner ...
Click to view attachment
DamonsCarrera
... with videos
Click to view attachment
DamonsCarrera
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.