Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Please, PLEASE, seal your rear window...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
horizontally-opposed
I've owned my 914 since I was in high school (17 years and counting), it's been in my family since 1986, it was sold in SoCal originally, and it has been garaged in California for either all of its life or something close to it.

Even so, I have learned that a rattling rear window can do SERIOUS damage to a 914's floorpans, and that those cowl seals REALLY matter, and that factory rust proofing just wasn't intended to be on the job for 35+ years.

All of these lessons are being learned the hard way. Please benefit from them!

Pics are here: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...80724&st=40

Best wishes to your 914, and Godspeed to you.

pete
PeeGreen 914
agree.gif I am about to have my back repaired because of the POs bad window seal. Could be very bad if left unattended. See the thread about the cars that have fallen in half.
horizontally-opposed
And, lest you think this only happens to 914s that look rough, this is what my car looked like before I pulled it apart. I thought I had a nice 914, that it had nice floors under the seats, that the vinyl bits in the floor areas looked great, and that I had a decent feel for where my car was at....

...and I was wrong. Dead wrong. sad.gif
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Mar 5 2008, 11:14 PM) *

agree.gif I am about to have my back repaired because of the POs bad window seal. Could be very bad if left unattended. See the thread about the cars that have fallen in half.

Exactly...

I woulda been so bummed to lose this car.

Zaney
What is the color "red" is this car?
It is one of the best looking shades I have seen lately.
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(Zaney @ Mar 6 2008, 12:54 PM) *

What is the color "red" is this car?
It is one of the best looking shades I have seen lately.

It's VW/Audi Toronado Red, probably from the late 1980s/early 1990s. One of many things I need to confirm.

It is richer, darker, and bluer than Bahia, but be careful in picking reds based on computer screens and pictures. The red in these shots is just past or at sunset, and TR varies greatly in various lighting.

beerchug.gif

pete
purple
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Mar 6 2008, 01:22 AM) *

And, lest you think this only happens to 914s that look rough, this is what my car looked like before I pulled it apart. I thought I had a nice 914, that it had nice floors under the seats, that the vinyl bits in the floor areas looked great, and that I had a decent feel for where my car was at....

...and I was wrong. Dead wrong. sad.gif

wow, that's rough. at least my car looks like ass but has a perfect lower end!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.