Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Two question's after I installed my Weber Carbs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914chic
Hi I recently installed my 40's weber carbs kit and after everything I've noticed that I can't find where to put the throttle cable bracket that they supply and if this additional plate ( in the picture ) is to be used.

Click to view attachment
McMark
Here's the bracket I've used on a couple cars.
PeeGreen 914
I don't see what you're talking about. Maybe I'm just blind. The piece in the middle should be angled up higher I would think. It need to be pulled down by the cable.

Here is a good Idea of what is needed even though it is a little different set-up.
McMark
Same idea. thumb3d.gif

Do you notice any flex in your setup Jon?
PeeGreen 914
When I had a four no. The other ones I have seen look very sharp as well. It is from Triad. Everything on it was solid and smooth. The mount for the cable is very stout.

Wow I feel like a whore for Triad sometimes. I think Dave should make me exhausts for free biggrin.gif
rhodyguy
mark, the triad bracket doesn't flex. i can't tell from jon's picture but mine is bolted up to the forward side/edge of the fan housing. the recess that catches the threaded end of the throttle cable works great too.

k
pete914
hey chic,
what kind of dizzy do you plan on using?
JoeSharp
I use this one but I run the linkage behind the carbs. It's not going back in the car and you can have it but you will have to turn the carbs around to use it.
wilchek
Joe,

If he is not interested and am setting up my carbs and have been looking for a bracket. If he is not interested let me know what you want for it.

Chic what linkage are u using and where did you get it?
914chic
Thanks Joe but instead i will just make my own , and on another not the other plate i was wondering about is this one pictured.The top portion of this carb.
SirAndy
here's what i had on my 2056 ...

Click to view attachment

bye1.gif Andy
McMark
Andy, did you have torsion springs for the rear lid at that time? Seems like most linkages foul the springs when installed on the rear, like yours are.
914chic
Alright that is what I was wondering because right now I have them set aside and am only running like your set up minus the air horns ( to be bought at a later time ) Thanks
purple
if you want more ideas...this has helped me

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=throttle+cable

SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ Mar 14 2008, 09:32 PM) *

Andy, did you have torsion springs for the rear lid at that time? Seems like most linkages foul the springs when installed on the rear, like yours are.

nope, the torsion springs are long gone. i like the gas shocks a lot better ...
shades.gif Andy
914chic
also had another question about wiring the coil , I have the yellow wire from the cab fire wall going to the 15 side of the coil wich i think is ignition , and then i have the condensor wire going to the 1 side negative . The only wires i have left are the black wire wich I assume should be the ground side of the coil , but then I still have a (green with red stripe ), (a yellow ,) (black with purple ),( a black with red )and a( green with black) , these wires that i have I do not know where they go? Also being that this was a l jettronic car , The stock distributor is fine right?
SirAndy
QUOTE(914chic @ Mar 16 2008, 05:05 PM) *

also had another question about wiring the coil , I have the yellow wire from the cab fire wall going to the 15 side of the coil wich i think is ignition , and then i have the condensor wire going to the 1 side negative . The only wires i have left are the black wire wich I assume should be the ground side of the coil , but then I still have a (green with red stripe ), (a yellow ,) (black with purple ),( a black with red )and a( green with black) , these wires that i have I do not know where they go? Also being that this was a l jettronic car , The stock distributor is fine right?

- black/red, 12V from fuse 8, to + on coil
- black, from dizzy to - on coil
- green, from dizzy to - on coil
- black/purple, tach signal to - on coil
- green/red, oil pressure switch
- green/black, oil temp sender (optional)
- yellow, from ignition switch to starter

the 1.8L dizzy should work ...
bye1.gif Andy
KaptKaos
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 14 2008, 07:17 PM) *

here's what i had on my 2056 ...

Click to view attachment

bye1.gif Andy

Those carbs like familiar idea.gif

av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.