Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Update on my project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DNHunt
This has been a hard project. Switching to SDS injection meant I had to redo the wiring for the FI. I needed more fuel for the larger fuel pump and FI. I needed new filters, anyway Yada, yada, yada. Anyway I'm getting close now so, I thought I would offer up my work to the peanut gallery.

First I put the brain in the car so wiring had to go throughthe firewall.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Root_Werks
smilie_pokal.gif I have been waiting for this update to your project! Lots of pictures and progress reports! driving.gif
rhodyguy
i'll give you a ring on the way home from silverdale today. maybe stop by if it's not too late or unless you're going dancin'.

k
DNHunt
As I said I had to go through the firewall so, I used an extra conduit from Joney's silver car that Kevin gave me.

The main loom for the car still goes through the original conduit and the FI goes through the new conduit to the left.

Click to view attachment

To the right in the picture you can see some of the fuel line I bent and the pre-filter for the fuel pump.

The fuel pump pumps much more than the old stock pump which I think would have come up short. The new system runs 40 psi and I think the stock pump would have struggled with enough volume at that pressure.

Click to view attachment

Bending and flaring the fuel line was a whole weekend. I still need to pressure check it and I'm praying there won't be any leaks.
Mueller
Hey Dave !!!

Mind me asking why the switch to the SDS?? MS issues or ???

J P Stein
No slackin', Dave.
Eventually it's gonna stop rainin' and it'll be time to drive the thing.
I recommend a 2 X 4 to beat them wires into submission. biggrin.gif
DNHunt
Finding a spot for the fuel filter was a pain. Mallory says there should be a pre and post pump filter. I finally hung it off of the battery tray.

Click to view attachment

The coil pack and oil breather box are on the rear firewall.

Click to view attachment
DNHunt
I fabbed up a throttle cabble thingambob the morning.

Click to view attachment

Wideband O2 and relays are on the firewall behind the driver.

Click to view attachment

I'm glad I don't need to get anything else in the engine compartment. I'm a little more sympathetic towards the engineers that design new cars. There is a bunch of crap.

Dave
DNHunt
No dancing tonight Kev. Come on by. It'll be good to see you.

Mike, it's really good to see you posting. I miss your ideas. You know you started me down this slippery slope. To answer your question, yes there were problems with my MS. Most likely it was operator error (undoubtedly my fault) or SISO but, regardless it was a big flop on the dyno at Jake's and is now known as Megapuke. I was made aware that Jake has a handgun that fires 12 gauge which is referred to as "the Judge". I assumed he wanted to use the MS circuit board for target practice but, he may have wanted a bigger target that that could flee the area. That morning was one of the worst mornings of my life and Jake really was patient. After an hour for Jake to cool down and me to think about my options, I decided to switch to SDS for simplicity. It was a great decision. Tuning took about 30 minutes and after that we just exprimented with it.

JP, I'm reserving the 2X4 for conditioning the operator.

Dave
McMark
That is a stout throttle linkage. cool.gif Lookin' good Dave!
DNHunt
Mark

It's gonna get drilled but, I'm gonna add some brackets to settle the wiring and I'll mount the idle air valve to it so I'll wait until I see how that lays out first.

Dave
rtalich
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Mar 15 2008, 08:27 AM) *

Wideband O2 and relays are on the firewall behind the driver.

Click to view attachment

Dave

Good to see you are making progress! Hey, whats that O2 sensor box thingy you have there in the pic? I didn't get one of those with my system sad.gif

-Rob
rhodyguy
your engine bay is certainly going to have a bunch of stuff in it. smile.gif with all that hp and tq, why do you want to bother with drilling a bunch of holes in the cable holder just to save a few ounces? looks like you'll be terrorizing the greater gh area in short order. no street will be safe.

k
effutuo101
You are making great progress Dave! Soon all of your previous problems will be but a faint memeory. See you soon.
Chris
914werke
aktion035.gif
akellym
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Mar 15 2008, 10:13 AM) *

As I said I had to go through the firewall so, I used an extra conduit from Joney's silver car that Kevin gave me.

The main loom for the car still goes through the original conduit and the FI goes through the new conduit to the left.

Click to view attachment

To the right in the picture you can see some of the fuel line I bent and the pre-filter for the fuel pump.

The fuel pump pumps much more than the old stock pump which I think would have come up short. The new system runs 40 psi and I think the stock pump would have struggled with enough volume at that pressure.

Click to view attachment

Bending and flaring the fuel line was a whole weekend. I still need to pressure check it and I'm praying there won't be any leaks.

Had any trouble with you fuel pump on it side? I have that same pump. My started running hot after the first season. I found out later that those pump MUST sit upright sad.gif So I'm not using mine anymore, as it won't fit upright where I had it installed.
rhodyguy
nice headsup kelly. back to the rethink board dave. i can see it now, pump craps out, fuel system goes lean, oops...
Mark Henry
Nice mess of wires isn't it...LOL!

Makes me want to get mine going again this year!
Mark Henry
OK looking at your coil pack mounting...don't like it. The coil pack is not waterproof, at least flip it around the other way so that the leads point downwards.
DNHunt
Here's the final on the on the throttle setup. A lot lighter.

Click to view attachment

Rob, the WBO2 I have has a stand alone controller. I know the Innovate LC-1 has ithe controller in the cable.

Kelly, I checked with them. Apparently, newer pumps are OK on their sides.

Ya lots of wires. Not as many as MS though.

Dave
Bleyseng
with 200hp you are worried about a heavy throttle cable bracket?
DNHunt
Ok Mark will do
akellym
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Mar 16 2008, 05:56 PM) *

Here's the final on the on the throttle setup. A lot lighter.

Click to view attachment

Rob, the WBO2 I have has a stand alone controller. I know the Innovate LC-1 has ithe controller in the cable.

Kelly, I checked with them. Apparently, newer pumps are OK on their sides.

Ya lots of wires. Not as many as MS though.

Dave

What model number is yours? I would love to put one back in, that way I can make it look good with the A&N fittings.
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.