Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TALIMENA 1 Event! (120 Mile Road Tour)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
ClayPerrine
Ok.. DFW Caravan Info.

For those of you who are coming from the DFW area, we will meet in McKinney at the IHOP located on the northbound service road of 75, just north of Hwy 380. I plan on leaving there around 2PM, hopefully, so we can avoid rush hour traffic.

Is someone bringing a Grill to cook the burgers?

Oh. and remember to bring your beer.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif of choice as Oklahoma has 3.2 beer... AKA beer flavored water.

TheCabinetmaker
Only beer you buy in the grocery store is 3.2%. The beer in the liqour store is 6%. Just like Tx!!

I have a friend who lives in Talihina that has offered her grill, so no need
Joseph Mills
Curt - cool those 215's fit... now you got a bit of SPARKY rollin'...

Yes, plenty of good Okie beer available at all the finer Talihina liquor stores, but don't expect your Amstel & Sam Adams on the shelves - of course you can always squeak by with some texas shiner bock if you're desperate. smile.gif

And don't expect the Talihina FLAPS to have any Brad Penn racing oil on hand.

But of real concern is to not get caught in the middle of Talihina's Rush Hour Traffic on Friday @ 5:00, which I hear is a real bitch - air cooled Porsches beware!

However, once the school bus and the 3 pickups go by, it shouldn't be too bad...

TheCabinetmaker
laugh.gif lol2.gif rolling.gif drunk.gif av-943.gif chairfall.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Joseph Mills @ Apr 30 2008, 08:09 PM) *

Curt - cool those 215's fit... now you got a bit of SPARKY rollin'...

Yes, plenty of good Okie beer available at all the finer Talihina liquor stores, but don't expect your Amstel & Sam Adams on the shelves - of course you can always squeak by with some texas shiner bock if you're desperate. smile.gif

And don't expect the Talihina FLAPS to have any Brad Penn racing oil on hand.

But of real concern is to not get caught in the middle of Talihina's Rush Hour Traffic on Friday @ 5:00, which I hear is a real bitch - air cooled Porsches beware!

However, once the school bus and the 3 pickups go by, it shouldn't be too bad...

Joseph....

Would that be the "short bus"???

biggrin.gif
Joseph Mills
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ May 1 2008, 04:10 PM) *

Joseph....

Would that be the "short bus"???
biggrin.gif

You're so cruel.

Talihina Forecast...
Thoward914
She's all shined up and ready to go. driving.gif

Click to view attachment

The 914 is completely embarrassed since my wife beat me in her 944 last weekend at our Time Trial (by 0.5 second). WTF.gif

Click to view attachment

But I'll let her spend some time with her favorite tool and that will make her feel better. welder.gif

Click to view attachment

See you guys tomorrow. beerchug.gif

SGB
wish I was there.
Joseph Mills
Just twenty hours to go...

I am ready!

ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Thoward914 @ May 1 2008, 07:12 PM) *

She's all shined up and ready to go. driving.gif

Click to view attachment

The 914 is completely embarrassed since my wife beat me in her 944 last weekend at our Time Trial (by 0.5 second). WTF.gif

Click to view attachment

But I'll let her spend some time with her favorite tool and that will make her feel better. welder.gif

Click to view attachment

See you guys tomorrow. beerchug.gif

Good.... We can get Travis drunk then have a tech session on how to remove a 3.2 from a 911 for transplant into a 914!

biggrin.gif
ClayPerrine
Betty and I decided that all the 911 drivers can't have any beer, they have to drink wine and eat brie.

After all, beer is for NARP drivers, and Wine is for the snobs who drive a REAL porsche.

Betty
Joseph, that is an AWESOME picture of your car!

But, what's with the license plate.... Okie - nine - elf?
Betty
I said NOTHING about wine and cheese.... I was talking about a picture of everybody eating a Ritz cracker with some spray cheese on it!

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Joseph Mills
QUOTE(Betty @ May 1 2008, 11:28 PM) *

Joseph, that is an AWESOME picture of your car!

But, what's with the license plate.... Okie - nine - elf?

Thanks - I've been experimenting with lighting on our cars.

elf is german for 11

we wanted a name, that although actually means something, is still vague and unclear. smile.gif

TheCabinetmaker
Damn Joe, nice shot!
ClayPerrine
The cars are packed... Lawrence is on the road.... and it's

T-minus 8 minutes and counting...

driving-girl.gif driving.gif

See y'all there.
ClayPerrine
We are back.. and we had a great time!

Joseph brought a bunch of friends who own taildraggers...and we welcomed them to the fun. Plus it made Travis feel less ashamed at bringing his taildragger doner car.

Lawrence showed up in the Purple car.... after almost wimping out on us.

And we finally got to burn the front bumper off Kurt's 914!!!

I forgot the camera, so I only have a few crappy cell phone pictures, but Travis took a bunch. Maybe he will post them here soon.

Rusty
Wimped out? I think you and I have different definitions of that, my friend. I hate stripping one car for parts to get the other one running - ya know? biggrin.gif

It was a great time... I put almost 1400 miles on my car between Friday and tonight!
Betty
Don't even think of it as "stripping one car for parts for the other one".... Clay picked up the brake lines and other parts you wanted and gave them to you so it was actually just a really, really long parts run! driving.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Looks like everyone made it home safely. I got a ticket in a Haileyville. 58 in a 45. He reduced it to 54. Nice guy. Talked about the 914 for 20 minutes.
Joseph Mills
Ouch! Sorry to hear about your ticket Curt.

It was another fun event with great weather & good people.

And even with a parking lot full of beering drinking NARPS, Taildraggers, & Waterpumpers, there wasn't an excessive number of fist fights and very little name calling after midnight or so. Well, until sunrise anyway. smile.gif

For some, this was their first in depth look at 914s. Darren's friend Shelly was very interested in Betty and Rusty's teeners. They may soon be a 2 porsche family.

SPECIAL THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING:

Clay & Betty who rounded up a good strong Texas contingency of porsche enthusiasts and again picked up the food tab.

Richard & Reba for managing the cookout on saturday night (Clay could you personally pass this along to Richard - I know he has no net connection or email).

Rusty, my porsche cap is off to you - 1400 miles round trip. You the man.

And to everyone else for attending that made this another exceptional weekend.

Clay 914-6
Betty 914-4
Richard 914-V8
Curt 914-4
Rusty 914-4
Bob 914-4

Travis 911 Carrera Targa
Joseph 911 SA Carrera
Matt 911 Carrera Targa
Adam 911 Carrera Targa
Darren 911 Long Hood Targa

Robbin 944
Chuck 944

Due to some additional patrolling by the local peace keepers, we kept the straightaway speeds down a bit from what we've done in the past, but still had a blast with the countless sweepers and switchbacks. It is such an incredibly beautiful road to drive. I encourage anyone who is ever in the vicinity to make an extra effort for the opportunity to drive it.

Next year I think we will add an early morning shorter drive of 60 miles or so with very little stopping, etc for those who would like an additional driving opportunity. Also thinking about a car show - 914's judging 911's and vice versa?

I didn't shoot any film other than our big group shot. Will post it soon.

This year's window sticker...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.