Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Time to go pressure test the new fuel lines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DNHunt
I dumped 3 gallons of ethyl in thank to static test the lines and about a cup dripped out of 1 filling. I forgot to tighten it. DOH! I cleaned up the spill and bleed the line to the pump so I got the sleaves of my sweatshirt soaked in gas. I'm about ready to put juice to the pump and set static fuel pressure to 40 psi.

I hate plumbing

Dave
ConeDodger
Dave,
Are you using the SS tunnel lines from Chris Foley? I did. They work slick. No worries about what is going on between the front and back.

What are you using for TB, injectors, and what sensors are you using with your SDS?
DNHunt
No,

I have some lines I ran several years ago. They are fine. The new stuff is frome them to a new fuel filter and then to the pump. It's all hard line I bent. I've just had to tighten the flared fittings more. I'm giving it plenty of time until I run the pump.

The trottle bodies are TMW 45's Injectors are Ford Red tops (30lbs at 43 psi).

The sensors are the ones supplied by SDS. Intake air sensor is A GM bird cage. CHT is a Bosch 012 like a 74 2.0l. TPS is a unit supplied by Jake. MAP sensor is supplied by SDS in the kit. I've set up an intake air valve I got off some VW Golf years ago for warmup. The only trick was Jake put a .035 welding tip in the vacuum line to the MAP sensor for metering the vacuum. It evens out the pulses from the ITBs.

Dave
rhodyguy
wednesday...car day...i'm going to swing by on the way north. gotta infuse some cash into the good to go account anyway.

k
DNHunt
Great Kevin.

I'll be here until 2 for sure

Dave
rhodyguy
around 8.

k
ericread
How hard is it to install the SS fuel lines in the tunnel??? I'd really like to do this but I'm afraid... very afraid... sad.gif
roadster fan
QUOTE(ericread @ Mar 20 2008, 10:59 AM) *

How hard is it to install the SS fuel lines in the tunnel??? I'd really like to do this but I'm afraid... very afraid... sad.gif

Easy. took me 45 minutes by myself including removing the old plastic ones.

Jim
rhodyguy
what did mallory tell you about the return outlet? closed loop and return to the tank?

k
DNHunt
Yep,

I had it plumbed right. No joy, I'm still struggling with low pressure. I've got everything out of the car so I can bench test it. It's looking more like the pump will have to go back to Mallory. So everything will be on hold for who knows how long.

Man, I'm getting tired. If I had beach front, the whole thing would be at the bottom of the Sound and I'd be dealing with the Coast Guard. Das Boot II.

By the way, all you vultures keep your distance.
rhodyguy
so...the return line comes off of one of the rails, or out of the regulator as i guessed? confused. there's still time to del/web that pup out and be done with it. rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

k
DNHunt
I' not putting carbs on it. It'll either run the way I want it or it'll sit and rot.
DNHunt
Man, I kinda went off. I fixed the SOB pump. It had a bleed valve problem.
messix
aktion035.gif cheer.gif smilie_pokal.gif slap.gif

now go get some of this beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.