Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine is going in today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DNHunt
But first, here was a head scratcher. Early EA case with a side shift bar. If your block off plate is too thick there can be a problem. Thank God for grinders.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Dave

DNHunt
Here's the package. Fuel injected 2270 with individual throttle bodies

Click to view attachment

45mm TWM throttle bodies

Click to view attachment

Something is missing. I'll be running crankfire ignition

Click to view attachment
DNHunt
Chris Folley's headers

Click to view attachment

I run the oil cooler down low and duct air to it from under the car. There is a small scoop that replaces the driver's side air deflector.

Click to view attachment
effutuo101
drunk.gif Looking good! More pictures please!
DNHunt
In the center of the engine is a idle air control valve and a small air filter. It acts like the AAR on the d-jet so it speeds up the idle during warm up except, it is either open or closed
DNHunt
It should be interesting getting this under the drive shafts. I'm planning to start it under the car side ways and rotate it so the ITBs clear. We'll see

Dave
ConeDodger
Dave,

You can do that tomorrow. Get on down here to the Porsche Family Reunion. biggrin.gif

Seriously, Be safe. Good luck...
restore2seater
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Mar 29 2008, 09:58 AM) *

But first, here was a head scratcher. Early EA case with a side shift bar. If your block off plate is too thick there can be a problem. Thank God for grinders.

Dave

Dave,

Is this case different from the one that you have been using?
I was under the impression that the problem was the cylinders being washed down from an overly rich mixture. Was there a problem with your case too?
Just curious.
PeeGreen 914
Sweet Dave

So are you going to bring this to a PCA AX so we can see it in action? At least come out so we can see it wink.gif I just bought a 2.4l and it should be in my car in about a month or so.
rhodyguy
yipeeeee.

k
Aaron Cox
lookin good....
DNHunt
Engine is in and everything under the car is hooked up. I got to that point and just ran out of gas. So, I stopped for beer3.gif . The problem is at my age that just makes me tired. So, beer and hoops for the remainder. The only thing different under the car is a heat exchanger on the starboard side. It tees for air on both sides.

Click to view attachment

Package is in. This is the first time the car has been on the ground since Thanksgiving. piratenanner.gif

Click to view attachment

I'll hook up the topside tomorrow morning and light it off after church.

This is a new case that i sent to Jake for decking. The last case got a sh*tload of crap from 3 busted pistons. It was easier to replace it than try to clean it.

I hope to run at Bremerton but, it may be a while. Mice nested in my helmet this winter headbang.gif . I got so p*ssed I Deconned the bunch of them. It didn't help the helmet though.

Dave
McMark
I'm excited for you Dave! boldblue.gif Keep us posted!

Couple things:
EA case with an open front oil port? Only bus cases had that opened up... confused24.gif
I had to install the headers after the motor was in. sad.gif How'd you sneak it in?
effutuo101
Looking good Dave! Take video tomorrow.
DNHunt
Mark

Got the sheeplove.gif high.
KELTY360
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Mar 29 2008, 05:53 PM) *

Mark

av-943.gif av-943.gif

So you keep KY in the toolbox?
mstein95
clap56.gif

WOW!! AWESOME DAVE!!

Finally got mine running. Turns out I learned from the best (you) - had my distributor off 180 degrees. Need to adjust the valves again and I think I'm good to go. Hope to see you all in Seattle this summer.

ConeDodger
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Mar 29 2008, 05:57 PM) *

Mark

av-943.gif av-943.gif

This is California. We all keep KY in our toolbox. biggrin.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Mar 29 2008, 07:10 PM) *

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Mar 29 2008, 05:57 PM) *

Mark

av-943.gif av-943.gif

This is California. We all keep KY in our toolbox. biggrin.gif

Synthetic or dino? idea.gif
DNHunt
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Mar 29 2008, 04:57 PM) *

Mark

av-943.gif av-943.gif

Dielectric Grease
914werke
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Mar 29 2008, 08:10 PM) *

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Mar 29 2008, 04:57 PM) *

Mark

av-943.gif av-943.gif

Dielectric Grease

Awsome
pete-stevers
glad to see you up and running.......
take er easy the first time out...k
Gint
Gotta be happy today Dave. Lookin good so far. I'll be thinking of the rumble tomorrow.
nein14
Dave
That looks sweeeet!!
ConeDodger
C'mon Dave! We're already back from church. What is the hold up???

We want video! We want video!
Gint
I don't hear a rumble yet...
DNHunt
It's running. I took a trip down our drive way and backup (total 0.6 mile). I already smoked the right rear. I think fuse S-9 is out the gauges don't work. I'll sort it out this week. Nap time.

Dave
ConeDodger
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Mar 30 2008, 01:48 PM) *

It's running. I took a trip down our drive way and backup (total 0.6 mile). I already smoked the right rear. I think fuse S-9 is out the gauges don't work. I'll sort it out this week. Nap time.

Dave

Dave,

Point six miles and a nap!!! I have a tired old 1.7 sitting on the back of my property I can trade you for that motor. It will not tire you out nearly as much. biggrin.gif
Gint
smilie_pokal.gif
DNHunt
I haven't activated the insurance yet so, I didn't take it on the road. Interesting there is this commercial on TV now where a guy revs up a Cayenne and then all these Porsches including a 911, GT2, 917 and a RS Spyder, etc rev. My car sounds like it belongs now
drgchapman
Sweet!

Our next A/X is 4/20. JP will be debuting the new and improved shitbox, you should be here......
chris914
Where did you get the carb linkage?
championgt1
Looking good!! Hope to see, and hear it at an autocross soon. aktion035.gif
DNHunt
Chris

That came from Jake
dinomium
woo hoo Dave! I can't wait to see the looks from the other Harborites.
roadster fan
drooley.gif wub.gif

Jim
LS6/914
Hey Dave I still have a wide band portable O2 meter if you need it. I actually am taking 3 days off from the shop & railroad. Even drove the 928. Let me know if you need it Larry 360 265 1311
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.