Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gas Cap Gaskets
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
I ordered 10 new gaskets from Porsche 914.201.227.10. I wathed from them to com out of Germany. What they sent matches NOTHING I have I have ever seen before.

1st picture of gasket
other pictures of new gasket in early and late gas cap
scotty
They go on the filler neck of a late '74+ plastic expansion tank (not the cap).
purple
I ordered the same exact thing. the gasket is usuaally rotted around the filler neck on the expansion chamber. you just run a screwdriver around the neck and it'll crumble off...
kconway
Mark,
I need one of those if you want to unload one.
Kev
purple
I think the purpose of these is so that when you screw the cap down tight, that it doesnt take channel locks to get it back off. that's what was going on with mine.
Demick
Yep, fits the filler neck on '74+ cars. I bought one years ago. I had to shave down the ID (make the hole in the gasket bigger) to get it to fit. If yours doesn't quite fit, don't force it or it will break. Use sandpaper or a dremmel with a sanding drum to make the hole a little bigger.

Demick
914Sixer
Yes, everybody is correct. I went up in tha attic and found a late gas tank and they fit perfectly on them. What was throwing me was the one on the tank neck was red and it was stuck to the top. It looked like it was made onto the neck. I need the gasket for the early tank cap. I guess I will look around the VW world as they were standard caps on lots of stuff.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.