Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Got bitched out by neighbor lady.. LOL
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dflesburg
Erik and I went for a ride last night in the red car and got bitched out by a lady a block down...

I stopped and backed up to see what she was bitching about, she waddled through her yard to tell me off...

I started off telling her I wasn't speeding,

she said, "Its red and loud so I figured it was kids racing around... "

she appologized but I still want to drive by her house often and loud...

Thats just my little 3.2 with headers and a sport muffler...

perhaps we should take that sport muffler off and put on the megaphones and go for another ride...

I would but I just got my rear valance done and want to leave it all alone... Other fish to fry.
ericread
QUOTE(dflesburg @ Apr 10 2008, 01:43 PM) *

Erik and I went for a ride last night in the red car and got bitched out by a lady a block down...

You told her you weren't speeding and she apologized??? What a lightweight lady that was!! Hell, I've got family more rude than that! She APOLOGIZED??? Let's face it, your neighborhood just isn't that tough. If she would have pulled a knife, or taken a couple of shots - now that's getting bitched out! ar15.gif
dflesburg
Indeed, I live in Khaki Pants Land...
sww914
I got bitched out by an aged hippie walking her dog a few months ago. I had just dropped my boy off at school and I was cruising up a small residential street at 26mph, speed limit 25. My window was down in my WRX and I hear the wrinkly stoned bitch yell SLOW DOWN! I stopped, backed up, and asked what did you say? She yelled I SAID SLOW DOWN! I said, hey I was going 26 mph. She said, AND ACCELERATING! No I wasn't! YES YOU WERE!
I said, no, that wasn't accelerating, THIS IS ACCELERATING!
I revved it up to 5K, let the clutch out, top of 1st gear, top of 2nd gear- 76mph, and I pitched it sideways onto a 2 block long very smooth dirt road that intersects the first road. I kept it sideways, throwing dust for almost 1/2 a block.
I saw her a couple of days later in the hardware store. I smiled and she just gave me a really, really dirty look as she walked out.
rjames

I revved it up to 5K, let the clutch out, top of 1st gear, top of 2nd gear- 76mph, and I pitched it sideways onto a 2 block long very smooth dirt road that intersects the first road. I kept it sideways, throwing dust for almost 1/2 a block.

Maybe I'm on an island here, but confused24.gif
dflesburg
Here in suburbia, upsetting the neighbors wives is a Good Thing... we got little else to do.
PeeGreen 914
Yeah,,, that may be so but still.... Pissing people off is never a good idea. You never know when someone is just on the line of ending their life or not. Whenever someone does that to me I try to just smile at them or say sorry and move on. If their life is so bad that they have to bitch about something like that they must have a shitty life as it is. No need to make it worse.
race914
smoke.gif
QUOTE(sww914 @ Apr 10 2008, 02:10 PM) *

I got bitched out by an aged hippie walking her dog a few months ago. I had just dropped my boy off at school and I was cruising up a small residential street at 26mph, speed limit 25. My window was down in my WRX and I hear the wrinkly stoned bitch yell SLOW DOWN! I stopped, backed up, and asked what did you say? She yelled I SAID SLOW DOWN! I said, hey I was going 26 mph. She said, AND ACCELERATING! No I wasn't! YES YOU WERE!
I saw her a couple of days later in the hardware store. I smiled and she just gave me a really, really dirty look as she walked out.

after you said "THIS IS ACCELERATING!"
did you flash her a IPB Image
and yell out: Farm Out! Right Arm! Power to the People!

1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(dflesburg @ Apr 10 2008, 01:23 PM) *

Here in suburbia, upsetting the neighbors wives is a Good Thing... we got little else to do.

So, you're the one, eh? chair.gif laugh.gif
dflesburg
what part of Cincy are you in 1970 ?

I work in Blue Ash... live in Centerville (near dayton)
ericread
av-943.gif av-943.gif slap.gif stirthepot.gif av-943.gif

Great posts! Thanks for sharing Mr. Khaki Pants Land!!!
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(dflesburg @ Apr 10 2008, 01:55 PM) *

what part of Cincy are you in 1970 ?

I work in Blue Ash... live in Centerville (near dayton)

I woik in Montgomery, reside in Miami Township(Clermont County), and sometimes wear Khaki pants. unsure.gif

Paul
Elliot Cannon

I guess you showed her huh?
Joe Ricard
If I knew that my 914 would push my bitchy neighbor over the edge I would buy a couple more and speed the process.
jbyron
QUOTE(dflesburg @ Apr 10 2008, 04:03 PM) *

Indeed, I live in Khaki Pants Land...

I know people in Centerville...you DO live in Khakipantsland... biggrin.gif
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(ericread @ Apr 10 2008, 02:01 PM) *

av-943.gif av-943.gif slap.gif stirthepot.gif av-943.gif

Thanks for sharing Mr. Khaki Pants Land!!!

John
I guess I have to miss out on the bitchy neighbors.

The only neighbors that I have typically keep to themselves and I rarely see them outside. I can make all the noise I want.
swl
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Apr 10 2008, 02:16 PM) *

If I knew that my 914 would push my bitchy neighbor over the edge I would buy a couple more and speed the process.

I'm sure some local teener types could be counted on to help you with the process smile.gif
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Apr 10 2008, 03:16 PM) *

av-943.gif
Bleyseng
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Apr 10 2008, 02:29 PM) *

Yeah,,, that may be so but still.... Pissing people off is never a good idea. You never know when someone is just on the line of ending their life or not. Whenever someone does that to me I try to just smile at them or say sorry and move on. If their life is so bad that they have to bitch about something like that they must have a shitty life as it is. No need to make it worse.

Jon, you are too nice...wait until you get to be a ol fart! I enjoy pissing people off... I stopped at a supply house in Georgetown and two ladies with a lap dog bitched at me for driving too fast in the parking lot. WTF??? I get my stuff and then go get in. There they are letting helping the little dog go poop...hehe, I start up the 914 and spray exhaust all over the dog who poops and pees all over her hands....

gawd I am mean.

PeeGreen 914
Yeah, I have an old neighbor that I try to be very respectful of. He came over once and asked me if I was going to take care of my lawn. It was a little long, but he has a fully manicured lawn that he loves. I did mow it that day and try to take care of it for him. He is a vet from WWII as well. When I drive my 914 through the neighbor hood I try to just crawl as it is much louder than the normal 914. I live to help others..... not hurt them.
zymurgist
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Apr 10 2008, 07:43 PM) *

hehe, I start up the 914 and spray exhaust all over the dog who poops and pees all over her hands....

gawd I am mean.

av-943.gif
Trevorg7

that's funny...not that I condone speeding or anything thumb3d.gif

T
Jeff Hail

I stopped and backed up to see what she was bitching about, she waddled through her yard to tell me off...

perhaps we should take that sport muffler off and put on the megaphones and go for another ride...

I would but I just got my rear valance done and want to leave it all alone... Other fish to fry.

If you walk the block go out of your way and say hello to her. Find out what her likes are. If she drinks get her some and she will be your new best friend on the block. Better to have Porsche's and friends than pissed off neighbors and you with the loud fast car.

I fired up a friends AA dragster in the driveway of my old house. I waited until mid day during the week thinking everyone would be at work. Wrong! Everyone for 2 blocks came out to see what it was. Oh jeez I never heard the end of it. Made up for it by inviting the neighbors to a 4th of July party. All the guys wanted to hear me start er up again because they were all at work the first time and the wives ratted me out. One neighbor said it sounded "like the end of the world" and I proudly grinned as I poured her another......
flesburg
You don't want to piss off my neighbor. He is a retired Judge...

You know one of those "Here come du Judge" type of guys.

Soooo full of himself. His shit does not even smell. He is so used
to everyone in the county kissing his ring (or is it his ass) that he
really does believe he is better than everyone else. A lawyer on steroids!!

The problem is that he is still "a connected man"...

Nuts, but "connected".

Any suggestions on how to piss off a "connected one" without getting
yourself killed (or worse)?

dflesburg was going to moon him for me, but I talked him out of it. I did not
want to have to bail him out of Jail. This was on a Saturday, and with our luck,
he would have had to set in "county" til Monday. In our county, he would have
been some big guys "girlfriend" by Monday.
dflesburg
If you walk the block go out of your way and say hello to her. Find out what her likes are. If she drinks get her some and she will be your new best friend on the block. Better to have Porsche's and friends than pissed off neighbors and you with the loud fast car.

She did appologize... she isn't getting a ride though.
Joe Bob

QUOTE(flesburg @ Apr 10 2008, 08:08 PM) *

dflesburg was going to moon him for me,

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
RJMII
QUOTE(flesburg @ Apr 10 2008, 10:08 PM) *

Mowing your lawn in the morning... as soon as the noise laws allow you to... and then again at night. Mow mow mow. Get obsessive about it. Make sure and water at the right times, too.

Mow whether it needs it or not. Make sure he is there.

I hope you have a riding mower. av-943.gif
zymurgist
QUOTE(RJMII @ Apr 11 2008, 12:42 PM) *

QUOTE(flesburg @ Apr 10 2008, 10:08 PM) *

Mowing your lawn in the morning... as soon as the noise laws allow you to... and then again at night. Mow mow mow. Get obsessive about it. Make sure and water at the right times, too.

Mow whether it needs it or not. Make sure he is there.

I hope you have a riding mower. av-943.gif

It's amazing how loud a 1970 John Deere 140 with stock muffler is! wink.gif
shelby/914
Gee I'm glad I live in a nice neighborhood. Guy across the street use to race in the Can AM series, next one builds airplanes in his garage and the third has two dragsters in a double stack trailer. Next door, Vett, Mustang gt and a Hudson. so no one cares when I fire up the sawzall-smiley.gif or play with little 914's. It's a real car neighborhood, absolutely amazing to drive around on the weekend when garage doors may be up to see what's parked inside.
iamchappy
In the early seventies, I had an old lady run out of her house and run me down, to tell me to slow down in my 1960 850cc Mini, my reply to her was dont you realize you just ran faster than i was driving to tell me that. She looked kinda dumb at me as i drove off.
WRX914
QUOTE(Jeff Hail @ Apr 10 2008, 09:08 PM) *

I fired up a friends AA dragster in the driveway of my old house. I waited until mid day during the week thinking everyone would be at work. Wrong! Everyone for 2 blocks came out to see what it was. Oh jeez I never heard the end of it. Made up for it by inviting the neighbors to a 4th of July party. All the guys wanted to hear me start er up again because they were all at work the first time and the wives ratted me out. One neighbor said it sounded "like the end of the world" and I proudly grinned as I poured her another......

This is what I did...

My old neighbor used to call the po-po (cops) every friday on me because I used to race dirtbikes and on Fridays before leaving town to race I would prepare my bike for the event and putt (and I mean putt) down the street make one turn and back to my house. This was always done right at the noon hour to make sure I did not disturb any late wakers. He called them anyway.

Here is the best part...

I immediately sold my ultra quiet 2001 Ford F150 and bought the absolute loudest Diesel I could find which was a Dodge at that time (hell I did not even like the truck, but it sure is loud). Installed the loudest legal exhaust system on the market. But I did not stop there. Next was selling my quite Honda Magnum and off to the Harley dealership! Bought a 2001 Night Train with straight pipes (it won a loud bike sound off at Daytona Bike Week in 2002).

Even though his house was farther down the block than mine, I made it a point to enter and exit the neighborhood the long way so I passed his home each and every time!

I enjoyed the living shit out of that. The best part was when I put the house up for sale, that same neighbor actually HELPED me sell! Every person who looked at it he would approach at thier car and tell them what a great neighborhood it was!!! av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif

At the end of it, I won... Broke as hell from the vehicles but victorious nontheless.
Scott S
I am in the opposite situation. I live in a great older neighborhood where folks are very respectful of others - except for one. I refer to him as "jethro". He cant afford a Harley, so he drilled holes in the muffler of his crappy old Yamaha. Speed limit is 25 and there is a school just down the block - he routinely hauls ass down the street. He must be having trouble paying his utility bills as he brings home pallets from work and burns them in his fireplace - hell, they are probably pressure treated. He was burning them in one of those small portable clay outdoor fireplaces one day last fall. His side yard is full of truck bed trailers and other stuff that he like to talk about - there always seems to be "a plan".

The guy is a classless moron. We are thinking of petitioning the city for a speed bump or one of those speed monitoring signs to get his attantion - all because of this one inconsiderate ass.

My 914 is running a GT sport muffler using megaphones and I can easily slink through the neighborhood at a reasonable noise level.
dflesburg
Geez dude, I wasnt even speeding.... and I always thought Eli May was hot...
warrenoliver
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Apr 10 2008, 05:16 PM) *

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
Joe, that one made me laugh out loud! I know what you mean. beer.gif

Warrenoliver
dinomium
I like to warm the green car up in the garage and then blip the throttle as I back out the drive. It makes every dog in the hood freak out! The Neighbors HATE me!
biggrin.gif
Joe Bob
I had fun yesterday with noise.....my .32 caliber starter's pistol decided to wear out. The cylinder advance flange simply wore off from use. Good starting pistols are hard to find.

Anyways, I usually use a .22 when starting High School meets and have the .32 for back up if I have a misfire....so since it wasn't working I took the .357 as a back up.

The meet was at a school that is flanked by two canyons. Sure enough, I had a misfire on the crappy .22 blanks that I'm using....Winchester makes the best ammo moved the factory and .22 are in short supply.....

So I whipped out the "cannon".....Baaaaarooooom, that puppy went off and the whole section of parents in the stands said WHAT THE FUCH......

Best job in the world...blowing off caps on a school campus and not having to fill out paperwork....
PeeGreen 914
av-943.gif aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.