r_towle
What are these???

Thanx
r_towle
hfjhg
r_towle
oiuoiu
ChrisFoley
The first was made by Pete Weber. It's similar to mine. They have some problems which I have resolved. I don't use the fancy flange where the tailpipe/muffler goes either.
seanery
chris, do you have any exhaust with heat for a -6?
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(seanery @ Jan 17 2004, 08:49 PM)
chris, do you have any exhaust with heat for a -6?

I currently don't do 6 cyl exhausts.
rhodyguy
looks like you have to hack up the valance with the first one.

kevin
Brad Roberts
The exhaust exits on the wrong side.. and most people using this header dont run a rear valance. You are correct about those running a rear valance (they have to hack them up).

B
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jan 17 2004, 11:44 PM)
The exhaust exits on the wrong side.. and most people using this header dont run a rear valance. You are correct about those running a rear valance (they have to hack them up).

B

No, it exits on the right side. The factory put it on the wrong (left) side. lol3.gif

BTW, in SCCA Production racing, the rear valence is required. mad.gif

It's no big deal to cut out the right corner of the valence for a tailpipe, and patch up the original exit. welder.gif
Brad Roberts
Yep. I have heard several stories about production guy's installing a perfect rear valance for tech reasons.. then taking a hammer to it right before the race to mash it flat. After the race it looks like you where tapped from behind...LOL

B
McMark
Isn't the third picture the Kerry Hunter header?
Brad Roberts
It might be a old Kerry Hunter, but I thought the KH header crossed under the engine (I recall not being able to run a deep sump)

B
ChrisFoley
Its not the same as the KHH I have, 8 years old.
r_towle
Chris,
On the passenger side there are slip joints....they seem fairly tight, but should I clamp them somehow???

Also, does ceramic coating help or hurt as far a heat goes...the crossover is very close to the bellhousing..

If it is worth doing, is there a company local to us that will blast them and coat them.....how much does that cost?

Rich
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jan 18 2004, 06:31 PM)
Chris,
On the passenger side there are slip joints....they seem fairly tight, but should I clamp them somehow???

Also, does ceramic coating help or hurt as far a heat goes...the crossover is very close to the bellhousing..

If it is worth doing, is there a company local to us that will blast them and coat them.....how much does that cost?

Rich

I don't clamp them. If it pops on deceleration and you don't like it use a little high temp silicone during assembly.\

Ceramic coating on the inside definitely helps. More of the heat stays inside the pipe which improves the exhaust flow a little.

Airborn Coatings is in East Hartford, CT. I think the phone # is 860 528-8281. They will sandblast and coat with an aluminum-ceramic that is shiny when finished. Other companies have a higher temp coating, but it is much more expensive. Price for just the header is around $150 I think.
r_towle
Thanx Chris, I will look to do that....I dont want to take these off again and wash my eyes out from the flake....BTDT with these already.

Your not going to like my answer about the cylinders....your gonna headbang.gif considering what I sold the other motor for....

Rich
ChrisFoley
So you're saying Greg got an awesome deal huh? Good for him. I might have traded you, but I was already tapped out.
r_towle
Yup. looks like it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.