Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: carb adjustment?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JOE M
I have dual redline webber carbs on my 72` 914. First there is an ir line going to carb but nothing going to the second carb. Should there be a hose going to each carb? What is the best way for adjustment. I did go to the redline web page but it does not really say how to setup both carbs. Do I get one set and than go to the second or should I do them together? I have never done this. If you look at the attached picture you can see a clear hose on the right but nothing on the other carb.

Click to view attachment
Carlitos Way
Check this out: Carburetor Clinic
JOE M
Thanks for the link.
rhodyguy
you should rotate your picture 90* ccw. if the hose in ? is the clear one it appears to be conected to the oil fill tower. this is one of the methods of drawing off the engine vapors. simple, but not the most elegant. purchase the synchometer/flow meter produced by STE for dialing in your carbs. avail from a host of vendors. the carb writeup at www.aircooled.net is a good one also.

k
rhodyguy
you should rotate your picture 90* ccw. if the hose in ? is the clear one it appears to be conected to the oil fill tower. this is one of the methods of drawing off the engine vapors. simple, but not the most elegant. there's not much of a need for a seond line to the other carb. purchase the synchometer/flow meter produced by STE for dialing in your carbs. avail from a host of vendors. the carb writeup at www.aircooled.net is a good one also.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.