Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What do you think of this steering wheel?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
seanery
They finally answerd their phone. Backordered for at least 1 month most likely 2.
Momo Itally is sold out (so they say). So, don't look for a group buy very soon.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(seanery @ Jan 21 2004, 01:09 PM)
They finally answerd their phone. Backordered for at least 1 month most likely 2.

you said you wanted a red one, yes ? i ordered black, so maybe that'll make a difference.
we'll see how long it takes them to respond to my request for a FedEx tracking number - and what they'll say when they do...

their "pending status" authorisation is gonna expire before they'll get parts at that rate ...
Ferg
Me likes my new/old style prototipo, less dish than the mod 7 and I know where at least one more can be had, maybe more, pm me if interested, and I'll hammer down a price.
Jeroen
Hmmm... I received the Momo catalog and prices yesterday
The dork only send me a pricelist with retail prices
Called today... new price list is on the way

They didn't sound too promissing though, once I told 'em I had no interest in stocking huge quantities of every Momo part in their catalog wacko.gif

Keep you posted...

cheers,

Jeroen
ArtechnikA
i have some contacts of my own, emails have been dispatched - we'll get The Real Story before too long ...

[update 2004.01.22 1350 EST] - no callbacks from my previously reliable MoMo suppliers. got a call from someone who claimed to know about my order (although the name of the place was neither Planet MoMo nor the place currently holding my money...) and said MoMo is building them now, plus shipment time - 5-6 weeks says he. offered me a Sparco 345 for $40 more, claims it's got the same dimensions. looked that one up and it doesn't look very close to the same, although it may be dimensionally similar. no matter - i'm not paying $40 -more- for a Sparco... i'll wait.
ArtechnikA
[ added as new reply to bump the topic ... ]

[update 2004.01.29 1340 EST] got a note from one of my reliable MoMo sources, he confirms the Model 7 is not currently stocked, offered me one when they are available at $205, black only -- so IF 'Planet MoMo can deliver at this price, it'll be the cool deal price. my credit-card *has* been charged for the full quoted price plus shipping but Planet MoMo has as yet not responded to my request for a tracking number - so i think they just charged my card and will sit on the money for the 5-6 weeks it 'should' take for delivery. (you ever deal with deliveries from Italy before ? in my prior dealings, quoted delivery times are on the optomistic side...) OTOH - i figure they've committed to deliver the product at that price. and AFAIK, US FTC requirement is still ship a product in 30 days or contact the customer and invite cancellation, under pain of $10,000/day per instance, so we'll see what they do and when they do it... if i don't get a full refund or a wheel in 30 days, FTC will hear about it ...
ChrisReale
Well, I just won a Mod 07 on Ebay for $168.......
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(ChrisReale @ Jan 28 2004, 05:45 PM)
Well, I just won a Mod 07 on Ebay for $168.......

cool!

do let us know when you actually receive the product !
ChrisReale
He has em in stock. I axed before I bid lol2.gif
seanery
I contacted the guy and he said Red is no longer being produced. Black suede only.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(ChrisReale @ Jan 28 2004, 07:07 PM)
He has em in stock. I axed before I bid

cool ! let us know when you actually receive the product !
Van914
Jeroen,

Where do you get the Super Fast QR?
Thanks
Van
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Van914 @ Jan 29 2004, 07:44 AM)
Jeroen,
Where do you get the Super Fast QR?

i ain't Jeroen, but i got one there too.

Superfast.com Website

the Model 1 is the one we want.

i mentioned Jeroen's name and got a nice discount, maybe mention us both and get one too !

from our offlist discussions, Jeroen's is nicer than mine, but mine's perfectly serviceable and a good value. as you've seen in the thread, you can pay upwards of $300.

it's my impression that the lower portion that bolts to the wheel hub is a mass-produced stainless part out of China. as it's done on mass-production tooling the quality is pretty high. the upper part, containing the detent-release paddles, is matte-chrome-plated mild steel and rougher. i'll probably bead blast everything and give it a nice coating of Teflon GunKote.

prompt shipping via USPS priority Mail. if i were (more of) a perfectionist i might hold out for something that had been completely deburred and fully finished - but i'm sure i'd be paying at least another $100 for that priviledge, and the result part would work no better in service.
bajiared
I'm interested in one right now i have the "stock" wheel on mine way to big and i don't like it...
count me in.
Eric_Shea
I just bought that Mod 7 that Karl mentioned off the birdie board for $125

What's the best place to get a hub? Anybody out there have one?
Qarl
GPR parts can get you the right hub and the Porsche crest horn button.

www.gprparts.com.

Try HPH (where Brad works) first.

Easy to install. Make sure you transfer the horn ring (with the contacts and the turn signal cancel tab from the old wheel to the new adapter).

If you need help, contact me.

Regards,

Karl
Qarl
Oh.... you're welcome!

rolleyes.gif
Eric_Shea
Spanks wub.gif
ChrisReale
I am anxiously awaiting the one I won on Ebay. Eric, you got a smoking deal...
jnp914
Back to the 'old style' Prototipo, that might be available.

Would this be from the guy that always seems to have one up on eBay?
ChrisReale
There is a guy who sells em on EBay, but I was not looking for a prototipo. Might have one tho....
Eric_Shea
Yee fu*&^'n Hawww...

Got the hub and some misc. pieces from Rich and Brad (thanks Brad)

Got the (unadvertised) horn button from GPR. Karl, thanks again for that lead. Those things are unobtainium!

E.
Qarl
I got my silver Prototipo from the guy in Ohio on E-bay. I think I paid 280.00 a year ago.

Wayne at Pelican has some announcements on the 911 board about getting some silver prototipos in. I saw this about a week ago.

Check there if interested.
Jeroen
Ok, made some calls this afternoon...

The Momo is a No go... crappy discount unless I order for at least a couple of grand of Momo-stuff

Talked to the shop that sells the "no name" steeringwheels
They're just about finished moving shop, so wasn't too talkative and since he wasn't quite settled yet, he couldn't give me too much info.

Right now, I'm at $140 for the suede and $145 for the leather (that includes shipping from the Netherlands to the US)

If there's any interest for these, I'm gonna swing by their new place this saturday to check it out and see if I can get a better discount.

These s-wheels are the exact same as the MOMO mod 07, same manufacturer, browse back a couple of pages for pics

So, lemme know if you are (seriously) interested!

cheers,

Jeroen
RocknRollFrenzy
Came across this on e-bay......thought some of you steering wheel hunters might be interested....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.