Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SCCA GCR classification question.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
GaroldShaffer
So my old FP racecar now has a 2.4 /6 in it. Just working on the oil lines & tank setup for it now. This car is going to pull triple duty as a AX/DE & SCCA racecar. Its main function will AX & DE's, but I plan to get my SCCA novice license for roadracing either late this year or spring 2009.

Now looking at the GCR for SCCA it looks like I would be in GT2 for road racing (fiberglass everything, 2.4 /6, chopped winshield & roof). Is this correct? I really don't care if I am a front runner in that class, I plan to just do a few regional races a year.

Your thoughts?
Heeltoe914
If you are in GT2??? rolleyes.gif

For the fun of it and the track time OK, you will enjoy it.
GaroldShaffer
I know, but it really is just for the seat time. I know I will piss off some hear with my next comment, but if I really wanted to be serious I would run Spec Miata. I know, I know, .......spec wreckers........ but there are plenty of parts, many places that service them (big $$) and a well filled class. Or build a IT car for regional racing.

Of course I could always do PCA club racing? Or mayeb run vintage?
bam914
You can run GT3 with an SIR.
race914
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Apr 29 2008, 08:12 AM) *

I know, but it really is just for the seat time. I know I will piss off some hear with my next comment, but if I really wanted to be serious I would run Spec Miata. I know, I know, .......spec wreckers........ but there are plenty of parts, many places that service them (big $$) and a well filled class. Or build a IT car for regional racing.

Of course I could always do PCA club racing? Or mayeb run vintage?

I really enjoy running SCCA Vintage. No contact and if so they enforce the 13/13 rule so those at fault have to sit next year out... Lot's of cool cars and fun racing since there are no points, trophies, etc. Classes are setup by engine displacement.

Here's some info from a couple of weeks ago: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...hl=scca+vintage

In contrast the Spec Miatas ran with us and I don't know how many went home wrecked on their trailer. Lots left Sat and Sun today too badly crashed to run...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.