Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Should I make my 914 look even more like a 916?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
messix
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ May 4 2008, 08:44 PM) *

Hey that car looks familiar! biggrin.gif I never did see a picture of it with the BUB's and flares. Kinda looks cool. I have even thought about going back to those since it is a 76' and they do protect the car even more. But shoot, isn't that like another 75lbs added back to the car?

you can have the ones that came off my car. shades.gif
PeeGreen 914
So I got a ride in this car yesterday and I must say WOW. It may only be a 2.5l but it pulls harder than any other 914 I've ever been in. I've driven 914s with stock 3.2s and 2.7s and this was better. Granted those were stock and this is not... Just an amazing 914.
Root_Werks
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ May 5 2008, 10:44 PM) *

So I got a ride in this car yesterday and I must say WOW. It may only be a 2.5l but it pulls harder than any other 914 I've ever been in. I've driven 914s with stock 3.2s and 2.7s and this was better. Granted those were stock and this is not... Just an amazing 914.

Thanks dude! (Here's that $10) biggrin.gif

It's not your stock 2.5, I should have paid when it was done, but the wheel output was something like 212 or 202 or something with a couple of 2's in it. I piggy backed off of someone who paid for a couple runs and only did one (Broke his tranny) in a 5.0GT Mustang. I didn't have to pay squat, but also didn't get a print out. Just one pull. Car sounded sweet from outside too. I don't think it's pulling that much anymore cause the carbs are so friggen shot. I keep saying it, I need to pull them off and go through them. I use to be so much smoother.

Clutch boy, any chance you could bring those bumpers up my way sometime?
messix
yeah i gotta round up all the mounts and shocks for it and all...... but you prolly have all that in boxes some where right!
914werke
Troy/Root if you dont I do...come take them away!!!!!
messix
rich you gonna be home this week? i gotta see the LE, it's been a while.
Root_Werks
Troy, if you can, round up what you have and Rich, mind if I swing by this weekend to see what you have? BUB's usually get tossed, shoot, I have tossed out my share of them for sure. smile.gif
PeeGreen 914
I have heard of people doing things to shave some of the weight on those... Not too sure what they did, but you may want to look into it before you go adding all that weight on.
Root_Werks
I think what I'll do is dispell or prove true any of the myths and post them here about BUB's. How much do they weigh, what can you shave and still have them be funtional to a point etc. There is a black and white picture of the "Last six" that was a 1976 914 with a 915 and CIS 2.7 supposedly from the factory with steel flares and yup, BUB's. I always liked that look as well. Even if I find they add too much and don't look good, could be fun just to take pics and post them here so people could see including myself.
PeeGreen 914
I have seen some nice pics of cars with them that looked really good. I really think it depends on the colours you choose. and how everything else goes together.
BKLA
Here's the last pic of my former love before heading to england.

Click to view attachment

BUB left on.

And one sent to me by a club member from WCC 06 at PIR.

Click to view attachment
Root_Werks
I remember your car Brett, Michelle and I were there. Very nice 914 and I remember thinking the bumpers looked nice with the color and flares. I bet you where sad to see the car go.
messix
ok Danno.. i got the bubs and brackets but not all of the other hardware, some of the bolts and bolt on o-ring thingies are mia.

how can i get em to ya?
messix
oh and g_d damn those are f'ing heavy.
Root_Werks
Mucho thanks Clutch Boy. Ummmmmmmm, still working 2 full time jobs until the IRS thing gets paid off. Can you swing up on a weekend? Or I can swing down your way?
messix
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ May 7 2008, 08:28 PM) *

Mucho thanks Clutch Boy. Ummmmmmmm, still working 2 full time jobs until the IRS thing gets paid off. Can you swing up on a weekend? Or I can swing down your way?

you don't have any thing to haul them with laugh.gif .

i can bring them up this saturday.
Root_Werks
QUOTE(messix @ May 7 2008, 07:44 PM) *

QUOTE(Root_Werks @ May 7 2008, 08:28 PM) *

you don't have any thing to haul them with laugh.gif .

i can bring them up this saturday.

You Da Man! Thanks dude.wink.gif
messix
hey buddy i've been callin your cell phone to see when i can come and give you the bubs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.