Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DAQ - Where does the starter ground cable from the battery go
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gint
Where in the hell does this stupid ground cable from the battery go down around the starter? I need a picture please.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Gint @ May 3 2008, 08:07 PM) *

Where in the hell does this stupid ground cable from the battery go down around the starter? I need a picture please.

Mike,
I am not sure if I understand you but on my car the ground side of the battery goes to the chassis just above the battery. The hot side goes to the starter.
Joe Bob
Ummm, sorry no pic my ride is up at Krusty's. Should bolt to a ground on the body inside the engine bay.....

But the cable from the battery TO the starter is RED and HOT....
Gint
Duh... It's the hot cable not a ground. Thanks.
jasons
Does this help?

Click to view attachment
Gint
Not really because I already got it. Rob triggered the right brain cell . It's alive!

But thanks for posting that. It's a great picture!
type47
QUOTE(jasons @ May 3 2008, 08:14 PM) *

only if you wheel it over to my house and put it in my car! rolleyes.gif

nice looking powertrain! pray.gif
swl
Jason, what muffler is that. Have one but no idea what it is.
jasons
The pic isn't mine. Just one I saved. The muffler looks like a bursch.
stateofidleness
damn, is there a larger version, or higher res version of that pic anywhere?
somethin similar?

i love collecting pics like that for when I go to replace all the lines and hoses
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(Gint @ May 3 2008, 09:30 PM) *

Not really because I already got it. Rob triggered the right brain cell . It's alive!

Long day huh.
rhodyguy
how's this one mike? the ground cable from the battery attaches to the stud located on the chassis just forward of the battery. wacko.gif

k
Gint
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ May 4 2008, 09:16 AM) *

QUOTE(Gint @ May 3 2008, 09:30 PM) *

Long day huh.
Yes. Too many of them.

Kevin, great shot.

I was thinking the battery cable to the starter was a ground instead pf power. I had the car on the lift and I was underneath it and just not even thinking. As Paul said, it was a long day. When Rob posted I finally woke up and realized that it was a hot wire and not a ground. If I'd lowered the lift and looked at the battery end of the cable I would have realized that before posting this thread. Even though I have a Ford relay attached to the starter, at that point there was really only one place it (the cable) could go on the starter.

I got it started last night around 8:30, but it will need some tuning today. I put thinner manifold gaskets on it so I had to shorten the linkage rod too. I still need to replace my front shift rod and get the rear shift rod installed also. At the moment I can't find neutral (which is really stupid I know), but this is an unknown transaxle (swapped out the worn 2nd synchro unit for this one).
rhodyguy
did you leave the rear shift rod out prior to installing the engine? chair.gif

also, i don't understand the probs you guys are have with the intake studs. phenolic gasket, cb tall, flat washer, cv joint locking washer, nut. it all fits. the one pictured isn't torquered down yet. what's the deal?

k
Gint
Of course. confused24.gif I'm shifting it at the shift console on the transaxle. I got and verified first, and reverse, but neutral is nowhere to be found.
TROJANMAN
Neutral is overrated
rhodyguy
it's a pain fishing the damn rod thru the bar and what not after the fact. neutral is right inbetween 1st and 2nd. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.