Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No. cal. BBQ Sacramento area!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
ConeDodger
Ummmm.... Michael. My wife and kid actually like Spam. I have tried to tell them about the place it comes from but they just smile.
porschecb
QUOTE(porschecb @ Jun 1 2008, 09:42 AM) *

I plan to go shopping on Thursday. If anyone is on the fence please let me know by then so I get enough food.

Michael

Or you will get one of Wandas famous Spam burgers! biggrin.gif

icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif chowtime.gif chowtime.gif chowtime.gif chowtime.gif chowtime.gif chowtime.gif shades.gif
ConeDodger
blink.gif cheer.gif chowtime.gif blink.gif cheer.gif chowtime.gif cheer.gif chowtime.gif blink.gif

Just a few days left before the BBQ at Michael and Wanda's house in Sacramento! Some Bay Area guys are coming! You guys should too!!!
toon1
gonna have to miss this one, sory. I will be a Mikes( orange914 ) house installing his son's motor.

Have fun!

Keith
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif blink.gif cheer.gif blink.gif cheer.gif blink.gif blink.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

BBQ at Michael and Wanda's!!! Just a couple days away! Be there!
porschecb
I need to know! Are you in or out? KMA.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif beer.gif chowtime.gif chowtime.gif chowtime.gif chowtime.gif chowtime.gif chowtime.gif chowtime.gif chowtime.gif chowtime.gif chowtime.gif laugh.gif shades.gif
biosurfer1
IN!
ConeDodger
Rob = IN!
Yopu = IN!
Nicho = IN!
ConeDodger
cheer.gif blink.gif cheer.gif blink.gif cheer.gif blink.gif cheer.gif blink.gif cheer.gif blink.gif

Let's all go to Michael and Wanda's for a BBQ! Day after tomorrow now! Let's go.

Michael, can we get time details?
porschecb
QUOTE(porschecb @ May 31 2008, 09:03 AM) *

If you are coming PM me and I will PM you my address. The only thing you need bring is your choice of beverage if you have one other than that it is covered. Time? oh 12:00 ish. First come first served on parking in the driveway.

Michael welcome.png

chair.gif w00t.gif
jcd914
My wife (Mary) and I are in
I got Micheal's PM with address already.

I won't be bringing any of my new 914 collection.
I could tow the 72 body over, it's on a trailer or I could flat tow the 70 over but that sounds like work and this is recreation time.

Thanks for inviting all of us Micheal and Wanda !! smile.gif

Jim

ConeDodger
cheer.gif blink.gif cheer.gif blink.gif cheer.gif blink.gif cheer.gif blink.gif cheer.gif blink.gif

Less than 24 hours until the Sacramento Area BBQ at Michael and Wanda's house! drooley.gif Let's see what Michael can cook up! welder.gif
porschecb
icon_bump.gif blink.gif beerchug.gif drunk.gif unsure.gif grouphug.gif drooley.gif cheer.gif chowtime.gif piratenanner.gif w00t.gif wub.gif boldblue.gif clap56.gif cool_shades.gif stirthepot.gif stones.gif tunez.gif smilie_flagge6.gif givemebeer.gif
LarryR
Sorry to report but Amanda and I are not going to be able to make it. I have to go pick up the 2.0 I bought. Have a great time and post pics so I can feel even worse about not making it beerchug.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(LarryR @ Jun 6 2008, 09:13 PM) *

Sorry to report but Amanda and I are not going to be able to make it. I have to go pick up the 2.0 I bought. Have a great time and post pics so I can feel even worse about not making it beerchug.gif

Too bad. I have a great trick I am going to play on the kids. biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
drunk.gif Almost burger time! Get on over to Michael and Wanda's place for the Sacramento Area BBQ!!!
strawman
My wife Nancy and 11-y.o. daughter Cassidy will be joining us for the BBQ. See y'all soon!

Geoff
Davis, CA
PRS914-6
Don't have time to read these, I'm trying to clean up my car.....see ya soon
porschecb
If you are driving a Porsche you may use the driveway 2 across the front and 1 or two deep.
ConeDodger
Leaving now... YOu should be there!
biosurfer1
Nice to meet everyone and put some more faces to the screen names...great BBQ Michael!!!
porschecb
Thanks for all who came! It was nice to see some new people and some I know!

Thanks! Jeff from Davis! Nice to meet you and your family! Paul! Your car is the best!

Thanks to all! What a great day!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif

Pictures to come!

We might not beat So Cal. Hey Sharp! Nice Turnout!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next year!!!! blink.gif
PRS914-6
Michael, thanks for the great food and hosting this. Wanda was very gracious tolerating us . Thanks!
ConeDodger
It was great to meet the new peeps! It was great to see the old peeps! Tomorrow I will resize the pictures and post away...
Tobra
Robbie, this is for you
Click to view attachment
Tobra
This is the nicest car I have ever seen in my life
Click to view attachment
Tobra
Good to see you Michael, and to meet and greet friends new and oldClick to view attachment
Tobra
Check out the reflection of the tree in the paint on top, or the dude on the sail panel
Click to view attachment
jcd914
Thank you Michael and Wanda !!

Michael could you share your method for the ribs!

I really enjoyed meeting new locals and seeing the others I had met before. My wife had a nice time too. I heard her telling my daughter that "They could even carry on a conversation that was not about cars" They were just teasing me since I get so single minded at times.

Paul what a car!! WOW!

Have a great week everyone!

Jim

strawman
QUOTE(Tobra @ Jun 8 2008, 08:31 AM) *

This is the nicest car I have ever seen in my life
Click to view attachment

No kidding! I'm still trembling from my ride in that rocket of a ride. Paul has truly raised the bar with this 914.

Thanks to Michael & Wanda for hosting us. I look forward to hanging out with everyone soon!

Geoff
ConeDodger
Well one interesting side story to the BBQ... Nicho had a great time. He was so excited about the skateboard that Shane gave him.

So much so that I am leaving in a few minutes to take him over for X-Rays of his probably broken ankle... sad.gif
porschecb
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 9 2008, 10:16 AM) *

Well one interesting side story to the BBQ... Nicho had a great time. He was so excited about the skateboard that Shane gave him.

So much so that I am leaving in a few minutes to take him over for X-Rays of his probably broken ankle... sad.gif

Wow! That sucks. You do have to be carefull on those things. I hope its just a sprane or less. Let me know.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(porschecb @ Jun 9 2008, 11:59 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 9 2008, 10:16 AM) *

Wow! That sucks. You do have to be carefull on those things. I hope its just a sprane or less. Let me know.

Doesn't appear to be broken but the radiologist has to read yada yada yada...

Wrapped and crutches for now. He already has Tylenol #3 from his last adventure getting knocked down by an 8th grader on the playground. In fact, I spoke to another school today. He may be changing schools next year if the school cannot police the playground during recess...

It will be interesting to see if he gets back on that thing. He was having a ball. He probably isn't all hashed up because he wore knee and elbow pads along with a helmet. He is milking it for all it's worth too... He waved his glass at me from the couch today wanting more milk... I told him he had better learn to crawl because I go back to work tomorrow...
ConeDodger
Funny thing was Geoff and his wife brought Cassidy and she was on crutches already from softball injury...

If Nicho had injured his ankle a day earlier they would have been crutching it together!
ConeDodger
My kid and Michael's wife Wanda are both allergic to Michael's cooking... Things got pretty scary when their tongues started to swell...

Just kidding... Michael cooked up some amazing baby-backs...
ConeDodger
Toby was as amazed as any of us when he looked at how straight and shiny Paul's 3.6 car is... Paul provided the amusement park rides. The good thing is Yopu now wants me to do a 3.6 conversion. The bad thing is Yopu now wants me to do a 3.6 conversion! Damn Paul! Just when I thought I could relax for a year or so...
ConeDodger
More of the amusement park ride!!!
biosurfer1
Well in that case, I'll take that tired, old 2270 off your hands...as a favor to you of course:)
ConeDodger
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Jun 9 2008, 07:26 PM) *

Well in that case, I'll take that tired, old 2270 off your hands...as a favor to you of course:)

Oh you don't understand Brett... Yopu wants her own 3.6 conversion!!!
porschecb
I am glad your son is good to go! Dont forget about the bike riding lessons! biggrin.gif

What a great day!!!! Nice cars and nice people i will do it anytime! Porsche 914 people are the best!!!!!!!!! drunk.gif biggrin.gif smile.gif beer.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif chowtime.gif cheer.gif laugh.gif rolleyes.gif grouphug.gif

av-943.gif

shades.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Tobra
Ankle fx in kids can be tough to spot, especially if you don't do bilateral films

They heal pretty fast if undisplaced though, one of the many benefits of youth
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Tobra @ Jun 10 2008, 08:32 AM) *

Ankle fx in kids can be tough to spot, especially if you don't do bilateral films

Yep! That is what the pediatrician said. He wants the radiologist to look too...

They start healing almost before you can get them XRayed...

He is milking it pretty good. Waving things around for us to get for him and yelling "mommy' as loud as he can. I feel sorry for Yopu. I am leaving for work in an hour and she gets to stay home and wait on the Prince... biggrin.gif
porschecb
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 10 2008, 08:26 AM) *

Yep! That is what the pediatrician said. He wants the radiologist to look too...

He is milking it pretty good. Waving things around for us to get for him and yelling "mommy' as loud as he can. I feel sorry for Yopu. I am leaving for work in an hour and she gets to stay home and wait on the Prince... biggrin.gif

Hey Rob,

Shane did the same thing, mommy this and mommy that it lasted one day and he was done. He hated the crutches so he was done after one day and of course after all the girls were assisting him with everything at school for a day. In fact when I picked him up from school the day he injured his ankle 2 girls were helping him to the car.

Wanda
ConeDodger
QUOTE(porschecb @ Jun 10 2008, 05:39 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 10 2008, 08:26 AM) *

Hey Rob,

Shane did the same thing, mommy this and mommy that it lasted one day and he was done. He hated the crutches so he was done after one day and of course after all the girls were assisting him with everything at school for a day. In fact when I picked him up from school the day he injured his ankle 2 girls were helping him to the car.

Wanda

Unfortunately, school was out last Friday so there are no girls to feel sorry for him... If he is still milking the situation on Saturday I will fire him up a bit and get him moving... Yopu says she feels like she can't leave the house. I had her put him on the phone and told him to turn off Drake and Josh and read a book or watch educational DVD's... He will be sick of being laid up in no time! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.