Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No. cal. BBQ Sacramento area!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
porschecb
Looking for intrest! Maybe end of May? Baby Backs & Chicken Breast! You bring your beverage I will supply the rest!!

Michael

PS Its better than June! (to hot?)
biosurfer1
I'll keep the end of May open so I can make it
porschecb
I forgot! Memorial Day weekend!! June? Pick a Saturday its all good with me!
jcd914
QUOTE(porschecb @ May 6 2008, 11:07 PM) *

I forgot! Memorial Day weekend!! June? Pick a Saturday it all good with me!

I think this is great idea and not just because there is free food involved.
I have really enjoyed the 2 other 914 social events I have been to here in Sacramento.
I am out of town for Memorial day (will at least Thur, Fri but maybe Sat) and I am out of town last 2 weekends of June.

Thanks for the invite Michael!

Jim
ConeDodger
I was going to have it at my house but heck! If Wanda is going to do the cleaning up! I'm in! Can we bring the FLK?
porschecb
The date is June 7th! RSVP would be nice. Come on people! The Capital of CA can't pull enough people togeather for a BBQ? What do we need to do move to So. Cal! biggrin.gif drunk.gif beer.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif chowtime.gif popcorn[1].gif shades.gif unsure.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif welcome.png pray.gif dead horse.gif WTF.gif jsharp.gif jsharp.gif

STEP UP!

Michael

rant over av-943.gif
biosurfer1
I have that date blocked off for the BBQ now...see everyone then!
McMark
I should be able to make that.
RJMII
Why do all of the fun things have to happen so far away? Anyone want to come autoX through sage brush in the badlands? :S
Gint
QUOTE(RJMII @ May 8 2008, 10:36 PM) *
Why do all of the fun things have to happen so far away? Anyone want to come autoX through sage brush in the badlands? :S

Because you live in Wyoming! laugh.gif
ConeDodger
I will be there with Yopu and Nicho!!!
PRS914-6
I'm pretty sure I can make that too. Sounds like fun!
Justinp71
I will plan to attend aswell... beerchug.gif
porschecb
icon_bump.gif Just in case you have not seen this. chowtime.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(RJMII @ May 8 2008, 10:36 PM) *

You might as well come... It sounds like most of Wyoming blew away this weekend anyway. sad.gif
porschecb
icon_bump.gif I am not do in this for my health! You coming? laugh.gif grouphug.gif chowtime.gif KMA.gif dry.gif rolleyes.gif poke.gif

It would be nice to see everyone and some new people to!
strawman
Count me in. My 'teener is is in pieces, so I'll be in my Suby wagon... but I can't wait to see others' cars!
jcd914
I will be there and my wife said she would come along too.
Not that it is likely but I might even have a running 914!

Jim
ConeDodger
QUOTE(jcd914 @ May 14 2008, 03:27 PM) *

I will be there and my wife said she would come along too.
Not that it is likely but I might even have a running 914!

Jim

Oh Great! Now Dupree thinks he can raise the dead!!! biggrin.gif
jcd914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 14 2008, 06:50 PM) *

Oh Great! Now Dupree thinks he can raise the dead!!! biggrin.gif

I don't think, I know I can raise the dead! smile.gif
Roll floor jack under said dead and raise!

Actually 1 of the 3 914's I am buying runs but has a problem with 1st/Rev. I should be able to fix it with the trans in the car but I have not looked at what the issue is yet, maybe Saturday. Worst case I will have complete spare tail shift plus 1 maybe 2 spare side shifters.

Jim

1970 1.7L: Best if view from a few feet away!

Click to view attachment
porschecb
icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif biggrin.gif
porschecb
icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif chowtime.gif chowtime.gif
ConeDodger
Michael,

Do you want us to bring anything?
porschecb
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 21 2008, 02:22 PM) *

Michael,

Maybe something to drink. I will have soft drinks and some wine but if anyone wants a beer i can get some or they can bring there favorite. If you have a Xbox 360 you might want to bring some games. When ours was taken they took 40+ of Shanes games and all he has now is few sports, a action war game and Grand Theft Auto and I dont think you want your son playing that.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(porschecb @ May 21 2008, 03:53 PM) *

Michael,

Maybe something to drink. I will have soft drinks and some wine but if anyone wants a beer i can get some or they can bring there favorite. If you have a Xbox 360 you might want to bring some games. When ours was taken they took 40+ of Shanes games and all he has now is few sports, a action war game and Grand Theft Auto and I dont think you want your son playing that.

I will bring beer. Hide the GTA though please... biggrin.gif
porschecb
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 21 2008, 03:13 PM) *

QUOTE(porschecb @ May 21 2008, 03:53 PM) *

Michael,

I will bring beer. Hide the GTA though please... biggrin.gif

No problem! biggrin.gif
LarryR
I am putting in a tentative rsvp for myself and daughter. She and Nicho can talk computer games for hours again smile.gif I just have to get my truck sold to free up the weekend... have to be around to show it.

ConeDodger
QUOTE(LarryR @ May 21 2008, 09:28 PM) *

I am putting in a tentative rsvp for myself and daughter. She and Nicho can talk computer games for hours again smile.gif I just have to get my truck sold to free up the weekend... have to be around to show it.

Very cool... Amanda right?
LarryR
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 21 2008, 10:22 PM) *

QUOTE(LarryR @ May 21 2008, 09:28 PM) *

Very cool... Amanda right?

Yes she had a blast at the last get together.
ConeDodger
I'll let Nicho know! Nicho was excited that Shane was going to be there. Wait until he hears Amanda too!
porschecb
huh.gif screwy.gif clap56.gif biggrin.gif beerchug.gif drunk.gif rolleyes.gif smilie_pokal.gif w00t.gif welcome.png wacko.gif av-943.gif w00t.gif biggrin.gif dry.gif beer3.gif grouphug.gif
ConeDodger
cheer.gif Hey let's all go to Michael's house and make a mess for Wanda to clean up!!!!! She just LOVES to clean!!!
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Let's all go to Michael's house!!! Wanda is cooking!!! Bring the family! Mark is coming! Maybe he can coax aktion035.gif Andy?
porschecb
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 25 2008, 09:49 AM) *

cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Let's all go to Michael's house!!! Wanda is cooking!!! Bring the family! Mark is coming! Maybe he can coax aktion035.gif Andy?

Wanda learned how to boil water today! Things are looking up. piratenanner.gif blink.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(porschecb @ May 25 2008, 12:12 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 25 2008, 09:49 AM) *

Wanda learned how to boil water today! Things are looking up. piratenanner.gif blink.gif

Get her informed about the microwave... It is going to be useful... These are skills she can use even after the BBQ!!!
porschecb
All right enough about my cooking skills. I did find a great place to "BUY" my food for the BB Que. Thanks for the microwave comment I will need to know how to work it to warm the food. The boiling water was an experience.

Wanda biggrin.gif
ConeDodger

Ok, Everyone sing Wanda's song - to the tune of "it's my party"

It's my party and you'll die if I want you to" mad.gif
ConeDodger
icon_bump.gif So you don't forget to go to Michael and Wanda's!!!
ConeDodger

welder.gif Michael is ready to BBQ! Are you ready to eat? drooley.gif
ConeDodger
cheer.gif blink.gif cheer.gif blink.gif cheer.gif blink.gif cheer.gif blink.gif cheer.gif

Only a few days left until the Sacramento area BBQ at PorscheCB's house...
Michael is burning the flesh welder.gif I am bringing the beer beer.gif Wanda is cleaning up after we tear into their house blink.gif No barf.gif allowed!!!

Come on down!
ConeDodger
cheer.gif blink.gif cheer.gif blink.gif cheer.gif blink.gif cheer.gif blink.gif cheer.gif blink.gif

Just a few short days until the Sacramento Area BBQ! Be there! Even you Southern California guys should put your teeth in and come on up!!! biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
icon_bump.gif
ConeDodger
cheer.gif blink.gif cheer.gif blink.gif cheer.gif blink.gif cheer.gif blink.gif cheer.gif blink.gif

Don't miss the Sacramento Area BBQ at Michael and Wanda's house... Everyone will be decked out in their best casual attire. The 914's will be shined up and revving! The BBQ will be crackling. Your cholesterol level will rise 25%!!! Be there!

It would be nice to see these guys there!!!
jcd914
I'll be there, not sure where exactly though. Rob gave me general directions but no address.

My wife said she come along but I am wondering who else would be there that has no real interest in cars? She is wonderful and tolerant but much more interested in books, writing and bicycles than cars.

The NARP thread about a BBQ and weigh-in got me thinking about borrowing a set Longacre digital scales, any flat cement to weigh a 914 or 2? Not sure if Ron would loan them to me but I could ask.

Jim
ConeDodger
I think considering Michaels recent break in he will be releasing the address in a PM to the interested parties.

Michael does have flat cement and about a 3 deep garage... Maybe he is interested in that... Ron already did that to mine.

My wife will be there. She has no interest in anything about the cars except riding in them...
jcd914
I would not post my address break-in or not.
Just kind of wondering out loud how I was going to end up in the right place.

I need to talk to Ron anyway so I'll inquire about them.

I don't think I will have "raised the dead" by next weekend. I looked at the linkage on the 70 and it seems to be doing everything it should, so the 1st/rev problem is internal. sad.gif
Probably no time this weekend to work on it.

Jim
PRS914-6
I'm planning on coming too but will need an address as well. Also, can I bring something?
ConeDodger
So there you have it! All of the 914 junkies in Sacramento and some of the Bay Area Dooooods are going to the Sacramento BBQ! Come on up and bring the wife and kids... E you Utah guys can bring all of the wives and kids!!! biggrin.gif

porschecb
If you are coming PM me and I will PM you my address. The only thing you need bring is your choice of beverage if you have one other than that it is covered. Time? oh 12:00 ish. First come first served on parking in the driveway.

Michael welcome.png
porschecb
I plan to go shopping on Thursday. If anyone is on the fence please let me know by then so I get enough food.

Michael

Or you will get one of Wandas famous Spam burgers! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.