914/11 HA0054916
914/11 HA0052903
HA12124
HA02065
HA23023
HA12033
Parts: HA04053
HA28063
I would to rebuild a couple of trans for a v8 conversion but keep 1st and add a LSD. I have a couple more in cars that I could swap out.

I need help! confused24.gif

Take Care
Bill
Dr Evil
Not that I know of, but I am interested to find out popcorn[1].gif
jcd914
I am not a definitive source on this, it is only hearsay.
I was told that on 901 trans in a 911 if it was order with non-standard gear ratios the 1st thru 5th gear letters were stamped into the cast rib across the bottom of the differential housing. If they were standard gear ratios there was no gear lettering stamped in it.

Jim
r_towle
I have two 901's....I will look.

Rich
Dr Evil
I have 8, I will look wink.gif
davep
Since those are all 914/4 trannies, the ratios are identical unless modified.
Unless you do a lot of work you will be stuck with second gear anyway.
Dr Evil
Yup, gotta have a 904 shaft to switch 2nd gear. Some /6 trannies have different gears.
race914
That info is in a tech article on our site.

Go here, then click on the link "914 901 Gear Ratio Workbook".

On the spreadsheet that opens, go to the last tab: "901 transaxle codes - gear sets"

JeffBowlsby
The trans codes don't indicate the internal ratios. If you happen to have an HB code trans...it has/had a factory LSD. These decoders from the factory manual:
porsha916
Thanks for the info!! driving.gif biggrin.gif

Take Care
Bill
Richard Casto
Jeff,

Thanks for the info. I have updated the wiki with the decoding info for the type 914 transmissions.

You mention the HB transmissions. What cars would those have been delivered with? Special order only?

Richard
RJMII
The worksheet that Greg made indicates another transmission code exists on the bottom of the transaxle. This one has different gearsets depicted by this chart.
JeffBowlsby
Maybe I am blind but I dont see the 'other' trans code mentioned in the table above?

914/4s came with either the 914/11 (tailshifter) or 914/12 (sideshifter) trans.

Richard...can't say for sure about the HB code trans, I have only limited info other than to know they had factory LSD. I suspect it was a special order but I have no way of confirming.
davep
HB code was for factory equipped LSD. This was an available option, but rather rare. Ratios were the same as the HA. So the transmission version 'A' was no LSD, and version 'B' was with LSD.
race914
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ May 16 2008, 01:32 PM) *

Maybe I am blind but I dont see the 'other' trans code mentioned in the table above?

914/4s came with either the 914/11 (tailshifter) or 914/12 (sideshifter) trans.

Richard...can't say for sure about the HB code trans, I have only limited info other than to know they had factory LSD. I suspect it was a special order but I have no way of confirming.

Hi Jeff,

I added 914/12 to the table, and designated as a sideshifter.

It will be uploaded to the tech article going forward.

Thanks for the info.

Greg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.