Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914s today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Heeltoe914
More and more I am seeing a increase in the number of WTB WTT Or looking for a 914 adds appearing here and on the net in general.

As it has already been mentioned before the overseas market is growing as well, I have been working with a guy that’s looking to buy two of my 914s. Not restored just runners.

I was talking to a member the other day about how relaxed some of us are about security on our 914s this need to improve demand brings crime as we have seen this year with a few teeners being taken.

When I got into 914s back in 1986 after a short visit with the MG world I never looked back. Even with the very small collection of cars I have the 914 is and will always be to me an open book of creations, No matter what is done to it its always a 914 and the eng, will always me in the middle like most great sport cars are.

Depending on your level of investment into your 914 I think its safe to say you will get some if not all of your investment back. Again depending on your level of investment. Then again Most of us do it for the joy of driving and working nights in the garage with or little once seen as stepchild Porsche.

OK back to work just reflecting.
r_towle
If you look at the porsche market its odd..

On ebay there are 650+ 911 cars for sale...way to many, yet the reserve prices are super high for the older less interesting early 70's cars....

the 356 market is skyrocketing...so they are no longer starter porsches like they were several years ago...the days of a 10k driver are gone...hard to even find a 20k driver now...that is project pricing now...

924/944 are super cheap, but for good reason...they all need serious maintenance...those cars were drivin hard and put away wet with no real car care....so buyer beware.

A 914 can be purchased for less than 10k, and its a decent little driver for that money. They are still cheap to fix (compare it to a 911) and this will eventually get the price up to real value.

IMHO, a decent 914 should be at 20k right now...it costs that much to get it there...

Mine is in a locked garage every night...
Rich
smontanaro
QUOTE(r_towle @ May 19 2008, 11:46 AM) *

Ditto... I suspect it actually helps as well that I don't live in the land of the rust-free 914. There just aren't as many of them around to tempt would-be car thieves.

Skip
Dr. Roger
QUOTE(r_towle @ May 19 2008, 09:46 AM) *

If you look at the porsche market its odd..

A 914 can be purchased for less than 10k, and its a decent little driver for that money. They are still cheap to fix (compare it to a 911) and this will eventually get the price up to real value.

IMHO, a decent 914 should be at 20k right now...it costs that much to get it there...

Rich

Here here for the locked garage!

back in the day there were some real brain surgeon thieves running around but these days.... TOO 'effin' many of 'em.

The next incarnation of Bebe is going to get huge security upgrades.

TeenerTim
IPB Image
Here's my security device.
MartyYeoman
QUOTE(r_towle @ May 19 2008, 09:46 AM) *

Ditto!!
Rav914
QUOTE(Heeltoe914 @ May 19 2008, 09:33 AM) *

Most of us do it for the joy of driving and working nights in the garage with or little once seen as stepchild Porsche.

Exactly right. I was a 911/912 guy for a long time but have been bitten hard by this 914 bug. I've sold a couple of taildraggers to fund this venture. Values are going up like the early 911's are. The day of the $7-10K '69-'73 911 are gone. I see the day of the $7-10K 914 dissapearing too. More people want these cars.

I have more fun working, fixing, and driving these cars than forecasting value though.
PeeGreen 914
I keep mine ia a garage with another car blocking it. I love working on these cars. I have way too much into mine to ever get it out so it is purely for enjoyment for me. Plus, AX is a blast in these cars.
dw914er
Mine is also in the garage.

I know i love my 914 becasue of the family memories in it (mom bought it new in 73, and i believe i came home from the hospital in that car)

but also, they are just great cars to drive, even if you have a small type 4 or a big v8, you are going to have a blast!
Gint
QUOTE(TeenerTim @ May 19 2008, 11:10 AM) *

IPB Image
Here's my security device.

av-943.gif

Works for me too...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.