Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What should be done about a member vendor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Eric_Shea
And I still think we should throw him into the pond!

We have a pool and a pond. Pond would be good for him. av-943.gif

Kill the golfers? ohmy.gif

(...so, I've got that going for me.)
Rusty
IPB Image

So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I’m a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald, striking.

So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier.

Do you know what the Lama says? "Gunga galunga. Gunga, gunga-galunga." So we finish the eighteenth and he’s gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know?"” And he says, “"Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness."” So I got that goin’ for me, which is nice.
messix
i'm sure he would enjoy being thrown a nice cold pond, isn't that a beer? mirror pond?
TROJANMAN
I was going for Monty........biggrin.gif

BEDEVERE: So, why do witches burn?
VILLAGER #3: B--... 'cause they're made of... wood?
BEDEVERE: Good! Heh heh.
CROWD: Oh, yeah. Oh.
BEDEVERE: So, how do we tell whether she is made of wood?
VILLAGER #1:Build a bridge out of her.
BEDEVERE: Ah, but can you not also make bridges out of stone?
VILLAGER #1: Oh, yeah.
RANDOM: Oh, yeah. True. Uhh...
BEDEVERE: Does wood sink in water?
VILLAGER #1: No. No.
VILLAGER #2: No, it floats! It floats!
VILLAGER #1: Throw her into the pond!
CROWD: The pond! Throw her into the pond!
Rusty
She turned me into a newt... but I got better. blink.gif
Eric_Shea
I was going for Monty........

Ohhhhhhhhhh.. blink.gif

"but I'm not quite dead yet!"
Eric_Shea
So Jamie,

Not to make light of your appeal; I think you're seeing a pattern here. You can hang tight and I'd be willing to bet you get you piece. You can take Rusty up on the offer. Hell, I've got a pair of those I can send you for free... my car won't be done for another week or so. av-943.gif

HE/She/It... sure would be nice if you returned PM's wink.gif
HeavyHeavy
I place no special value on this member's vendor status. I
realize that I can just as easily post an ad there as anyone
else. I mentioned before that I intentionally omitted his
name from my post, so I called him a "member vendor" because
that is the term that is used in that forum.

When I placed the order it looked to me like this was a guy
making parts in his kitchen. It appears I was right. After
contacting him to find out if he had these parts available
to send out and being assured that he did, I had the notion
that it would not take that long for the parts to be
shipped.

After finding out that he was injured, I had no idea how
long it would be before the parts would be sent, so I was
willing to wait until I heard from him. I heard from him in
the middle of April when he told me he would ship them that
week. That is when I had the notion that the parts would be
going out that week.

My expectations about receiving the things I paid for or
receiving a quick note are realistic. I haven't dragged his
name through the mud. I merely pointed out the situation.

Rusty, I appreciate the offer, but no thanks. If he is the
kind of guy you say he is, he will make it right.

Jamie
RJMII
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ May 22 2008, 04:39 PM) *

QUOTE(HeavyHeavy @ May 22 2008, 12:47 PM) *

People hold him in high regard because he has posted here
many times.

That is not why people hold him in high regard.
I post here all the time and people still hate me hide.gif
laugh.gif

And I still think we should throw him into the pond! biggrin.gif

I'm waiting for that to show up as an option in the poll. THEN i will vote.
Had to add my 02cents... when I pay for a product and send emails.

I do expect an response as to the status. Don't really give a S... this is common practice in the business world.

There was a time ( on another site- old site) where as this well know person gave me the run around about some springs.. after 7 attempts to 'get /order' the parts. I gave up- now do you ever think I would ever do business with that person? I would rather pay more just so I don't have to get upset.

Just a few months ago, I was looking for a spare 993 Vario ...contacted some one that had one for sale.. person responded 9 days later after my requests for pics of motor( saw many times that person was on line at the same time I was too).. well he wanted to close the deal- wire me the 12k and I will ship it to you. I thought...if I had a problem , just wonder how fast he would respond. I guess you figure I 'pass' on this deal.

Responding on a timely basis is priceless..first impressions still go a long long way.
Slider
my thoughts

1.Whether you have 1 or 9999999 posts you should be treated the same
2. Vendor or Member offering a product not communicating is unacceptable. you offer up your services you need to be responsible for that business transaction.
3. You accept payment for something you need to deliver in a timely manner

Do unto others as you want them done unto you! do you want to pay for a product and were told that some were in "Stock" and 2 months later still not recieve the product? and hear nothing from the person..

Dont feel bad Trojan..people usually gloss right over my responses..Maybe i have to have 1000+ posts before people respond to me..
G e o r g e
hijacked.gif

ok, I have an item i sold on Evil bay over a month ago,

buyer paypal'd payment,

but has yet to answer one of my 4 emails asking Himherit to verify an unconfirmed address

how long do I wait before I refund his money? or do I just keep emailing once a week ?

back OT
kconway
QUOTE(George H. @ May 22 2008, 05:25 PM) *

hijacked.gif

ok, I have an item i sold on Evil bay over a month ago,

buyer paypal'd payment,

but has yet to answer one of my 4 emails asking Himherit to verify an unconfirmed address

how long do I wait before I refund his money? or do I just keep emailing once a week ?

back OT

George,
Not recieving your emails. I'll PM you with my address so we can finalize this transaction. biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
George,

Not recieving your emails. I'll PM you with my address so we can finalize this transaction. biggrin.gif
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ May 22 2008, 11:14 AM) *

Non-delivery is a non-issue (to an extent).

No communication is totally unacceptable.

So is bashing people for their post count... he could be up to 4,444 by this time next year, or he could leave and not participate again because he was treated rudely. Roughly 3% of our members are the type that remain "active" while the remaining 97% lurk or have come and gone. We all have different personality types. Some don't "do" forums well. Some don't communicate well.

His post count engourages me to welcome him and explain to him that we like it when you put your real name in your signature. (nearly 1/2 the posters in this thread don't have their name listed) welcome.png

I would go so far as to say "most" of our member-vendors are not store fronts. Most are not real businesses and most have demanding day jobs. Cell phones or no cell phones, when you log on here... you can type. I'm aweful about getting to my phone a lot of times but... I return calls and PM's ASAP. I remember a situation with Rupherts911SC (or somthing like that) where I was getting my @$$ prodded big-time by the machine shop I was using at the time. He was getting pissed about his hubs... I was pissed at the machine shop, empty promises were buzzing around like flys on Slits but, I tried to keep him in the loop every time he asked. Not fun communication but simple communication.

When someone gives you money you owe them the common courtesy of knowing what the status of that order is (a moose ate your order... confused24.gif ).

I agree that many of the member-vendors have risen to the occasion to help fellow 914 owners by producing missing pieces in their garden sheds to keep these awesome cars on the road. I will defend them to my death as they are not only giving to help the others here... most do it with little or no profit.

Communicate. Reply to the PM's. As Wilfred would say, "It's the right thing to do." I hate being in the middle of this shit. dry.gif

Eric - well stated!

Communication is key to everything involving money and trust. Good or negative communication can still build trust and a favorable relationship.

All member vendors should follow these guidlines, though I've had zero negative experiences with any of them.

Pat
biosurfer1
It would be nice to have some sort of feedback on member vendors though...some who have ad's on there might not have updated them in a while and their schedules have changed, etc... would be nice to know that.

I have luckily not had any problems with vendors here so far...except for Eric Shea who inisists on constantly telling me where my stuff is and whats going on with my order biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
except for Eric Shea who inisists on constantly telling me where my stuff is and whats going on with my order

My dog ate your bushings! Had to use the grease gun to get'em out! (not pretty) stromberg.gif
6freak
QUOTE(r_towle @ May 22 2008, 11:24 AM) *

In regards to the post count issue.

I make this comment because I see alot of people join our community and the first or only post is in the classifieds.

If you join a community, its just that, a community.
A group of friends who harrass each other, suppport each other, and hang out together.

Jumping in and raising an issue with ALL member vendors as a new member welcome.png just does not seem to feel right to me.

There are no rules, but the community polices itself.
Jump in and ask for rules to be established in a community, IMHO, would require that you have been an active part of that community for a long time...

It is the same thing as the new home owner who joins the HOA and right away goes and starts changing rules, or lack thereof, rules that were previously established when older members joined.

I am fine with disputing a specific vendor, private or public...I actually like the public forum method for getting these things resolved..
He tried in private, had no luck...so put it on the forum and ask for help..
That works, people seem to know who this is, I dont...but it will fix the issue.
I never said to stop that.

To ask to change the rules for ALL member vendors (which I am not one) based upon one specific event is wrong.

Just my opinion.

Rich

Maybe its mad cow av-943.gif Now thats funny
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ May 22 2008, 06:31 PM) *

George,

George,

Not receiving your emails, but I still want those V.I.N. tags. I'll PM you with my address so we can finalize this transaction.

Oh wait, wrong George.

Nevermind biggrin.gif
ericread
I thought someone killed this thread???

Well, since it's open again, let's go on a rampage and start insulting people. Uhhhhhhhh, Canadians, you're stoopid!!!

I feel much better now biggrin.gif
rhodyguy
i cetainly hope the 'vendor' was not injured at work.

i hope you get your parts. asap.

a few of us make up for those 1000s of other members that don't post too much...post whores rolleyes.gif ...
G e o r g e
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 23 2008, 04:51 PM) *

...post whores rolleyes.gif ...

Click to view attachment you rang popcorn[1].gif
TROJANMAN

a few of us make up for those 1000s of other members that don't post too much...post whores rolleyes.gif ...

rhodyguy
Group: Members
Member No.: 378

chairfall.gif
rhodyguy
Eric_Shea
I still want those V.I.N. tags. I'll PM you with my address so we can finalize this transaction.

Oh wait, wrong George.

av-943.gif
Joe Bob
I got a blow job last night and I don't care about your order.....
Rusty
QUOTE(!Wet Spot! @ May 23 2008, 08:33 PM) *

Congratulations. How did you meet the guy?
RJMII
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ May 23 2008, 03:06 PM) *

except for Eric Shea who inisists on constantly telling me where my stuff is and whats going on with my order

My dog ate your bushings! Had to use the grease gun to get'em out! (not pretty) stromberg.gif

I had that same problem!! Only it was the rear wheel bearings. That poor dog.
davep
QUOTE(ericread @ May 23 2008, 03:51 PM) *

Well, since it's open again, let's go on a rampage and start insulting people. Uhhhhhhhh, Canadians, you're stoopid!!!

I feel much better now biggrin.gif

I don't know what to think.
Your kit is on its way, but I can ask them to hold it up at the border if you want?
BTW cross border shipping seems to take 2 to 3 weeks coming from the US into Canada based on several experiences recently.
Eric_Shea
Post deleted... thanks for the heads up Allan! wink.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Rusty @ May 23 2008, 07:39 PM) *

QUOTE(!Wet Spot! @ May 23 2008, 08:33 PM) *

Congratulations. How did you meet the guy?

av-943.gif
PeeGreen 914

i cetainly hope the 'vendor' was not injured at work.

i hope you get your parts. asap.

What's a post whore biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ May 23 2008, 11:09 PM) *

What's a post whore?

Joe Bob
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ May 23 2008, 01:02 PM) *

It would be nice to have some sort of feedback on member vendors though...some who have ad's on there might not have updated them in a while and their schedules have changed, etc... would be nice to know that.

I have luckily not had any problems with vendors here so far...except for Eric Shea who inisists on constantly telling me where my stuff is and whats going on with my order biggrin.gif

The Andante...... headbang.gif
Bleyseng
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 24 2008, 01:50 PM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ May 23 2008, 11:09 PM) *

What's a post whore?

Hey! thats the UPS girl who delivers to my house....Kim is her name.

I sure am glad I am not the said vendor....I leave the country and forget about shipping stuff too. bye1.gif
HeavyHeavy
Update

The parts arrived on Saturday 5-24-2008. I am now satisfied.
ericread
QUOTE(HeavyHeavy @ May 26 2008, 09:53 PM) *

Update

Now that you have 60 posts, I guess we should believe you biggrin.gif stirthepot.gif
blitZ
QUOTE(HeavyHeavy @ May 27 2008, 12:53 AM) *

Update

Must be nice, I'm still waiting on my order from February. sad.gif
blitZ
Can someone who knows Bruce contact him and see if he is going to send me the end caps I payed for on Jan 28 or can he give me a refund?
SLITS
QUOTE(blitZ @ Jun 5 2008, 10:17 AM) *

Can someone who knows Bruce contact him and see if he is going to send me the end caps I payed for on Jan 28 or can he give me a refund?

Send me a PM with your address and I'll send you a pair in the mail today.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.