Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It... Is... Alive!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Ferg
aktion035.gif Great News Josh!!! You will be doing this driving.gif in no time!

Ferg
byndbad914
yeah, get that thing broke in and get out to HPR, you are gonna like that track. I is hard to learn but it is nice and smooooooth.
jhadler
Woo Hoo!!!

mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif

Set the timing last night. Drove the car into work this morning!! Took the long way. biggrin.gif

Car was ALMOST perfect.

Head temps never exceeded 300 even under load (never went to WOT or over 4k rpm). But mostly stayed around 250-275.

Only two issues so far.

1) Idle turned to cr*p when the car fully warmed up. Pretty sure it's a mixture issue. Need that wideband ASAP. No problem for the shakedown drive, just made sure to keep the revs up when stopped.

2) Oil temps got a little too high. 220-230. Ambient temps were 75+, 45 minute drive, shakedown drive varying rpm, varying load. I might have the timing too far advanced by a couple degrees, so will back it off as soon as I can. Wondering if it's just that it's a tight motor, running break-in oil.

Anyway, it's not gonna stop me from driving the car to the 914 lunch today. Fortunately, it's just down the road from work, so it's an easy drive. The drive home might not be the long way though, ambient temps are gonna be a lot higher, so I might just take the more direct route home.

-Josh2
jhadler
Starting new thread for diagnosis of hot running...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=98722

-Josh2
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.