Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pre-shop Checklist
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stateofidleness
Hey guys, new at this stuff and just wanted to know what I should have done before
I trailer the car to the welder for floorpan and hell hole work. I have the interior stripped minus the dash and windshield and wiring harness.

Engine is out. What do I do with the throttle/clutch cable and how bout the rear CV's?
Also, what is the best place to tie down the car to the trailer.. and maybe some tips that a noob might not know when it comes to trailering one of these?

thanks so much!
im excited!! it goes into the shop tomorrow *hopefully*
stateofidleness
bump for noob
SGB
I find putting plastic grocery bags over the CVs, then tied or wired around the axle, keeps 'em safe. I also bag up all those cables & hoses...

don't trailer it backwards. The roof could fly off. Tie down to the suspension if you can.
stateofidleness
should i even take the top? chance it might get damaged?
and you just leave the cables in? how bout the cabin wiring harness?
Gint
QUOTE(stateofidleness @ Jun 1 2008, 09:40 AM) *
bump for noob
You're kinda past that stage by now aren't you?

Tie down the suspension at the bottom of the rear shcoks and around the front torsion bars. It won't go anywhere. If it were me, taking the car in to have floorpans welded and the interior is stripped, I'd take the top off and leave it at home.
stateofidleness
ha! have i progressed past the noob stage? this is a milestone!
well, noob at car transporting anyway smile.gif

but thanks for the tips! will i be ok leaving the dash in? I didnt really wanna have to take it out? should i take the doors off too so they dont get banged up?
PeeGreen 914
If you have the wiring harness out you may as well pull the cables too. I would get everything out that you can. Get it all out of the way.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.