Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dash Face Refinishing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914hog
icon14.gif The face of my dash is in sorry shape. The basket weave is very weathered and dirty and even peeling in places! My car is far from concourse, however, I was wondering if anybody had an idea to refinish the dash face INEXPENSIVELY. I found some great covers on 9Xauto, but am not willing to invest that much $ at this point. Will the exsiting basketweave just pull off? What is behind it? I assume it is just metal backing from what I remember on a parts car I had pulled some stuff from. Thanks for your help. -Scott
anthony
The basketweave is just glued on. Behind it is steel. Mine was ungluing at all the edges. I glued it all back down and it looks great again. I can't imagine that enough basketweave vinyl to redo the dash would cost much at all. It would just be a time consuming job to cut it to size and glue it all down perfectly.

You might check these guys:

http://www.worlduph.com/

They seem to have every kind of vinyl you'd possibly need.
joea9146
The dash basket weave was available from www.pelicanparts.com you can give them a try its not hard to replace
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.