Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: going value for CV's?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RJMII
How much are they selling for?
Joe Bob
Are you selling or buying? I paid $125 EACH for NOS. Used ones? Define used....dirty cores or cleaned and inspected?

Contact Eric Shea....
ericscottShea@cs.com
RJMII
QUOTE((*)(*) @ Jun 2 2008, 01:29 PM) *

Are you selling or buying? I paid $125 EACH for NOS. Used ones? Define used....dirty cores or cleaned and inspected?

Contact Eric Shea....
ericscottShea@cs.com

Selling, cleaned and inspected.

I've got Eric's website URL memorized. wink.gif

was that $125 per CV, or per axle?
Joe Bob
Per CV....ackkkk!
sww914
I sold a used one with very few miles on it (the bores weren't even shiny) for $125.00. I kind of wish I'd kept it.
Jax914
for a reference....I just rebuilt my CV's - new boots, cleaned and painted the axles. I had a total of 6 axles / 12 CV's - out of that I got 4 that were in pretty decent shape, 2 that became usable spares, one that didn't have a place for the 2 roll pins (where'd that come from?!) and the rest are sitting in a coffee tin with pronounced grooves so bad I didn't bother putting them back together. I even had one where the outer edge of the cage was broken.

If you've got usable ones hang on to them.....

RJMII
QUOTE(Jax914 @ Jun 2 2008, 06:27 PM) *

for a reference....I just rebuilt my CV's - new boots, cleaned and painted the axles. I had a total of 6 axles / 12 CV's - out of that I got 4 that were in pretty decent shape, 2 that became usable spares, one that didn't have a place for the 2 roll pins (where'd that come from?!) and the rest are sitting in a coffee tin with pronounced grooves so bad I didn't bother putting them back together. I even had one where the outer edge of the cage was broken.

If you've got usable ones hang on to them.....

I'm guessing a type 1. If you look at Eric's site he has the T1 CV's machined to have the roll pins and this little change makes them a T4/914 setup? or something like that. $90 for a new one through Eric's site. (give or take a few $ for shipping)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.