Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Transmission numbers..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RJMII
on the bottom middle rib of the transmission;

CA081 3801

(can I use gears out of it? What gears are likely to be in it?)

HA 1010 5

(What gears are likely to be in it? or where is the chart?

HA 130 03 3

(What gears are likely to be in it? or where is the chart?)

I've tried finding the chart, and I've looked at the chart in Greg's spreadsheet, but am not quite sure how to tell.

I'm also not sure of the numbers on the first HA unit, and I'm thinking the CA is a bus transaxle. The HA 1010 5 unit, the numbers looked a bit weird and I couldn't quite read them. If that's not the right figuring of numbers, I can go look again and get a picture.
davep
I think HA 10105 will be a 76 unit.
HA 130 03 3 does not seem to be correct, please get a photo and additional characters preceding the HA.
The CA is definitely not 914, so not usable in any way.
RJMII
Do all years have the same gearsets?

The other one is out of a 73, or so it seems from the car that it came with. I'll get pictures.
Richard Casto
This has some of the info you are looking for...

http://www.roadglue.com/wiki/index.php/901_transmission

The numbers you are listing are serial numbers. Which can usually be converted back to a transmission "type".
davep
All 914/4 have the same gears. A, F, N, V, ZD
All 914/6 have the same gears.
914/4 and 914/6 share most but not all gears.
RJMII
Yes, that is the information I needed, thank you both!

davep
More info since it is hard to find:
914/4 types 914/11 & 914/12: A, F, N, V, ZD with 7/31 crown & pinion
914/6 type 914/01 5 SPEED: A, GA, O/3, V, ZA with 7/31 crown & pinion
914/6 type 914/05 SPORTO: C, I, Q/4, X with 7/27 crown & pinion
A=11/34
C=15/36
F=18/34
G=18/32
I=20/31
N=23/29
O3=23/28
Q4=24/27
V=27/25
X=28/24
ZA=29/22
ZD=31/22
RJMII
In my spare time I'm working on taking Greg's (race914) excel spreadsheet and making an application out of it. I'm using it to learn more in-depth tricks in Flash programming, and also in Visual Basic (this upcoming semester)
So it really helps to know all of these details.
race914
Thanks Jim!

Here's the web format info on 901 gears if you're interested. Note that the excel gear ratio workbook looks like a paragraph header. But click on it and get the full spreadsheet with all the info... ( gint is fixing this : )

Comments on how to make this 914World tech article better are encouraged!

http://www.914world.com/specs/regearing_901.php

Greg
RJMII
The main thing that was confusing me was the translation of the numbers on the bottom of the transaxle. The roadglue link helped answer that one, which in turn answered the real question at hand. where can I find these other gear ratios?

The majoritiy of us know that Dr Evil has a reputation for a good tranmission build, and more than likely has a gear or two, but a less simple answer is always there.
From what I've gathered so far from the roadglue site, the different gear sets are found in the 901 out of the 911. The format is columnar with the different years listing the different numbers.

I think with my little project I am working on I might put a feature that indicates in a different format which transmission each gear was available. Say for example, if I want to choose a ZD gear, I can have a notes area that indicates that this gear was available in a transmission out of a 914 from the years *** - ***.

Sure, it might be overkill, but it sure is fun to build.

Oh, and thanks for the spreadsheets and help with the formulas. much appreciated.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.