Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BBQ in Frederick MD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
zymurgist
OK, we'll throw you a frickin' bone here.
Click to view attachment

aktion035.gif cheer.gif piratenanner.gif beerchug.gif happy11.gif

MikeSpraggi
July 19 sounds good! I should be able to make it with the teener if it's still running after the July PCA DE. It'll be good to see 914 folk smile.gif
smdubovsky
Mike, you and I should head up together. W/ your cars 'luck' and my cars total lack of run time this year, might be good to have backup;)

SMD
Dr Evil
Stephen, my 914 is no longer so I would likley be driving my Subaru. I may be getting another 914 that is running by the end of the week, though. Are you on the way to Frederick?

Zach, Ken, you guy s get me, man smile.gif
plas76targa
I think he meant MikeSpraggi on the post prior to his.

yeah yeah, glad you can make it! beerchug.gif I would have replied sooner but work's actually been busy and K's outta town so the kids are driving me nuts too.

Just installed a new diving board on the pool. everyone be sure to bring a suit or dark sunglasses for the rest of us.. maybe welding glasses if Mike goes in the pool
type47
time to make out the food shopping list and get the cars finished......

oh, and icon_bump.gif
VaccaRabite
Well, unless there is a major change in the next week, I will be going to B-more with Erin for the party there, instead of Frederick. She has not had nearly the opportunity to get out the past few months that that I have, and it would be really selfish to try and begrudge this one. The kicker was that Mom was willing to sit the baby, and is right on route to B-more.

Besides, in my current "land whale" trim, I'd probably empty the pool when I jumped in.

Zach
root
QUOTE(type47 @ Jul 13 2008, 05:43 PM) *

time to make out the food shopping list and get the cars finished......

oh, and icon_bump.gif

All I've done to blackie since our last gathering is a tune-up and I added a second set of hood pins. Air forces were bending the bonnet nose above 120 MPH!
Click to view attachment
ws91420
Was hoping to and I got the final word today I will be able to attend with my wife and stepson. See you guys Sat.
Dr Evil
If ya'll want a tranny clinic, you may have to bring one as I may be one the motor bike.
plas76targa
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 15 2008, 06:48 PM) *

If ya'll want a tranny clinic, you may have to bring one as I may be one the motor bike.

No Noel or Heidi coming along? Nuts!

Welby - it will be good to see you all again. Take note, I'm not at the same house as last time you were up. or did you know that?
ws91420
QUOTE(plas76targa @ Jul 15 2008, 10:22 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 15 2008, 06:48 PM) *

No Noel or Heidi coming along? Nuts!

Welby - it will be good to see you all again. Take note, I'm not at the same house as last time you were up. or did you know that?

Have GPS will travel. No 914 this time.
okieflyr
Take note, I'm not at the same house as last time you were up. or did you know that?
[/quote]

I thought something looked different on the mapquest map. It showed your house in a different location on the "circle" than I remembered it.
I'm still planning to attend, probably with my eldest son James.

The weather looks a little warmer than last years ECC!

See ya Saturday!
zymurgist
It should be on the same place on the circle. Matt's old neighborhood was the one where I got lost every time I tried to find the house. The house in this neighborhood is easier to find.
bob
I can make it.. but it'll probably later than 1:00.... what can I bring??
-bob
crash914
BUMP!!!!

What else do you need??????
evan
Matt,

can ya email me the address and tele number again just in case I do not have the coorect one. Any last min. things i can bring? Can't wait to see everyone!
Evan
Dr Evil
smile.gif
plas76targa
Evan, addy should be on first page if not,
7188 Meadowbrooke Dr
Frederick, MD

ph 301-694-7283

for those asking, - I'll provide the burgers and brats, can you all bring side's, soda's or what evern. chips, dips, salad, pasta salad, corn on the cob, potatoe salad. If yer stuck, there's a Weis Market about 2 miles south of here.
Dr Evil
I can bring venison confused24.gif Otherwise I got nothing. sad.gif

crash914
guitar? amps?
Dr Evil
Ya, I guess I can bring those. I will have to leave no later than 10pm as I have to be at the hospital at 6:30 Sun AM sad.gif
Leo Imperial
Matt,

I wish I could make this one. The day will come when I will be back in attendance. For now we have a new addition.. a girl, Katherine and she is now 3-1/2 months and the boys to look after. Slow progress here in the garage, but the passion has not died.

Have a great time and know that when Evil says something inappropriate, I am there in spirt to point it out.
VaccaRabite
^^^
Seriously. I wish this month were not so busy. I'd like to catch up with folks, and seeing peoples cars always is a good shot in the arm. Next weekend is just as bad. I'll be on vacation up in the mountians with 4 generations of family in attendance - but there is also the biggest regional jeep show, and the biggest local VW show - both right in my back yard and hosted with local clubs that I belong to. Man, I wish I could split myself in parts to do all the stuff I want to do.

Take lots of pics and put them up. I want to see what everyone has been up to.

Zach
type47
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 18 2008, 04:42 PM) *

I will have to leave no later than 10pm as I have to be at the hospital at 6:30 Sun AM sad.gif

back in the day it would have been "I gotta leave by 4:30 am to get to work at the hospital by 6:30" happy11.gif
Dr Evil
Ya, well, I am taking care of sick kids.....cant do that tired and hung over wink.gif
jimkelly
hope you guys are having a good time - i had to bow out - i needed to show one property and get one of my seller's to ratify a contract while he was in the area. finally got my name in lights - for one week anyway biggrin.gif

couldn't resist getting 914 V8 involved - drove it to both of the above mentioned activities smoke.gif - i think i need a suby 914 for better gas mileage idea.gif
zymurgist
Thanks to Matt and Katherine for having us over. It was a lot of fun, but the weather could have been a bit warmer. I still have some water in my left ear.

I took a few pictures until my camera filled up. sad.gif Here's what I did get...
type47
agree.gif thanks Matt for getting us together again. i had to leave early as my SO had minor surgery and i needed to relieve the duty nurse (daughter). wish i could have played some more music. i caravaned up with Rod, Kyle and Natalie. it was nice to see the cars and owners. i will host one of these when the garage gets electricity. need a 200 amp service for the Dr to power his Marshall half-stack biggrin.gif hope everyone made it home with no difficulties driving.gif Ken, the brew was good and thanks for the pix.
plas76targa
That was a fun time. Thanks to you all for coming over. And thanks to ken for saving the bacon by taking pictures. I was having too much fun catching up with everone I never thought of taking any pics.

We'll do this again! Purhaps a breakfast somewhere between now and ECC? or after that?

Leo - number #3. Congratulations, but now you and the wife are out numbered! Keep that spirit going and I look forward to seeing you sometime soon.

Dr Evil
I am glad Kens' camera filled up before the shirts came off blink.gif wink.gif
zymurgist
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 20 2008, 08:48 AM) *

I am glad Kens' camera filled up before the shirts came off blink.gif wink.gif

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. beerchug.gif
type47
"what goes on in frederick, stays in frederick"
Leo Imperial
barf.gif
root
Many Thanks to Matt and Katherine.
As always we had a good time.
Great seeing everybody.

Kyle's bike passed it's maiden voyage to Matt's and back with duct taped carb intakes, no front brake, and no mirrors. It got dark just as we got to Virginia and
I got to tell you I had a hard time keeping up with him. I got no help from my co-pilot Natalie as she slept the whole trip home. driving.gif
zymurgist
QUOTE(root @ Jul 20 2008, 01:07 PM) *

Kyle's bike passed it's maiden voyage to Matt's and back with duct taped carb intakes, no front brake, and no mirrors.

That bike is way cool. I love the cafe racer look... you don't see that much any more.
Gint
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
jimkelly
zymurgist's photos for those who are link challenged biggrin.gif

and because sometimes links do get broken.
root
QUOTE(Gint @ Jul 20 2008, 10:51 AM) *

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Ken's pics http://flickr.com/photos/13751921@N08/sets...57606266772417/
plas76targa
Root - are you missing anything red? av-943.gif
crash914
DITTO....thanks to the hosts and to all....

Evil, I hope the kid did not hurt you too much......

Rock on!!!!
okieflyr
James and I had a great time, and enjoyed visiting with everyone.
As in times past, the home brew, beerchug.gif music, and personalities poke.gif make for a good time.
Thanks Matt for stepping up and hosting, and hopefully your neighborhood won't start an association because of you(and us).
PinetreePorsche
Yes-- a big thanks to Matt and family for putting up with a bunch of dirty car mechanics sullying their swimming hole. And to Ken for getting it memorialized in electrons, digitally.
It's always fun to see how many good combinations of aftermarket stuff, incl. engines, go well in these little beasties. I esp. enjoyed my top-off ride home as the weather moderated before dusk. Great cars. I love the power, up over 6000rpm, on my 3-liter S2 motor in my 944, but these little things are more fun behind the wheel. Now, if I could add some after-market horsepower.... Maybe after my kids go off to college-- one in a year, the other in 4 years.
Oh, yeah-- college guy Chris, what's your email? - Chris Hager, Falls Church, email in profile.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.