Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BBQ in Frederick MD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
plas76targa
I think we're overdue for a gathering. I'll host a barbeque - you're all invited. The pool is open butt you must wear appropriate swim wear! Good food and 914 talk.

when: Sat July 19th (plenty of time now to plan! )
time: 1pm to ???
where: 7188 Meadowbrooke Dr, Frederick, MD (same as ECC 2007)
what: I'll cover the burgers, brats, dog's. Can you all bring other stuff?

Hope you can make it!

Correct me if I have these wrong ...

The Yeah's, Nay's, and BTSOM:
Zach - Now a No (drats)
Crash914 - Yes
Dr Evil - Now a Yes
Zymurgist - Yes (considering the interest in your brew, you'd better say Yes)
Atomix8 - No (don't catch the garter!)
Root - Yes (plus bike riding son)
Babydoll - Yes, or was that a Maybe?
Evan - Yes (with photo speeding ticket and bribe for Katherine)
Okieflyer - Yes
Scotty914 - Yes with the porcheru!
Type914 - No, Maybe, Okay a YES!
Jim Kelly - waiting until the last minute to confirm
Teener Tim - Yes or maybe?
Smdubovsky - Yes
V8 teener - no motor in car but promises to bring album of photo's
Welby - yes with wife and step son
VaccaRabite

I'd come, but I will be away. sad.gif

Too much going on that weekend.

Zach
crash914
I am there, it is my son's birthday....but the wife is working....let's do it!!!

Dr Evil
Ohm, you said JUNE 14. I read JULY sad.gif I will likely not be able to make it....I'll have to see how my medicine inpatient rotations are going dry.gif

My birthday is the 16th piratenanner.gif
plas76targa
Well Mike, 'rotate' fast then and get down here. doesn't matter how late. we'll bake you a cake!

Herb - glad you're gonna make it regardless.

Zach - no problem, we'll miss you. catch up with you at the next opportunity.

icon_bump.gif for the rest of you.
zymurgist
BBQ, eh?

OM NOM NOM NOM
zymurgist
Ack! I just checked my calendar. I can't make it that day either...sad.gif I have tickets to see the O's take on the Pirates in Baltimore.
crash914
postpone?
atomix8
Out of town that weekend...I couldn't make it until ~July!

But I appreciate the offer, it's a nice drive out to Frederick to your house Matt.
plas76targa
icon_bump.gif Herb, I don't want to "cancel" yet. Where's the rest of the NoVaMd crowd?

I'll wait a few more days, then plan another in July.
VaccaRabite
Pssst.
July 19th. beerchug.gif

For a summer that I have "taken off" to have time with my son - it is stupid full already. Just with different stuff then it is usually stupidly full with.

Zach
plas76targa
in whisper voice: thanks Zach.. at work we were just looking at the july calendar and I was thinking 914 stuff ... 7/12 or 7/19..... I'll lean your way on that
atomix8
*cough* 12th if Zach can swing it...maybe I'll have a reattached suspension console by then smile.gif
type47
*cough, cough* 7/19. out of town 7/12. seems i'm the only NOVA respondee. rod usually visits here. i'd love to attend and looking forward to it. i hadn't responded due to other things getting in the way on the schedule...... well, that and the fun nazi.... dry.gif
VaccaRabite
I am not saying that you should all cater to my schedule, but at this point, the 19th is the only weekend day in July that I am free. If the 12th (or any other day) works better, use it. I am a total dick to try and plan around.

Zach
degreeoff
I havent been on my boat for 2 weeks and its an off weekend for my lil B' so I will be unable to make it. Mid July sounds good though...The 21st is the autoX, the 27th wkend is the Watkins glen DE...July 4th....Jeez I am out of time! I hate gettin old.....
atomix8
Sounds like 7/19 works better, I'm stuck at a wedding...not mine yet!
crash914
lets do it in july......
root
Jim Kelly just tuned me into this post Matt!

I'm up for July 19th.... the next weekend on the 27th is The 'Rat Rod Revival' at Carlisle Bike Fest!

I plan to take "Blackie" to that one so Frederick will be a good test run to be sure she's ready for Carlisle. driving.gif

Zymurgist, you bringin' 'yer pouch and brew? beer3.gif
zymurgist
QUOTE(root @ Jun 11 2008, 12:08 AM) *

Zymurgist, you bringin' 'yer pouch and brew? beer3.gif

I have a Saison aging in the kitchen now in secondary, an Oatmeal Stout that I just brewed last Saturday, and an experimental pale ale conditioning in the keg right now. Any of these should be drinkable in July Haven't decided what to brew for the ECC yet, though.
VaccaRabite
Matt,

Let an admin know about this thread and they will turn it color coded for you. Helps it stand out once highlighted.

Zach
plas76targa
okay.. I'm going to change this to 7/19. i'll change the heading and first post as well. Let's do it!
type47
how can we help with expenses? are you going to have the same BBQ as at the ECC? that was exceptional!
Babydoll
biggrin.gif Wow - with the new date change, I think I can make it too! I'll see if I can bake somethin'... If the hose connection that I hesitantly smash.gif made on Babydoll keeps working, I'd love to come. Zymurgist, what baked goods go best with homebrew? Will you bring any meade??
zymurgist
QUOTE(Babydoll @ Jun 11 2008, 02:20 PM) *
Zymurgist, what baked goods go best with homebrew?

Me. smoke.gif

Will you bring any meade??

I dunno, I haven't bottled the multi-berry mead yet. It's only 8 months or so old.
plas76targa
to answer Jim (type47) - Wasn't thinking of getting X-Lbs of BBQ. I'll provide the burgers, brat's, or dog's .. if you all could bring other stuff, chips, veggies, cake, what ever - that would help.
evan
beer3.gif yes! Matt count me in. Will supply gift for u for Mrs. To keep you from having to sleep in garage .
evan. Frjolito
type47
well, the SO just came in and said her eye surgery is scheduled for July 17 and will need 2 days of care so it looks like i'll be thinkin of you all. be sure to mention the ECC.
okieflyr
I'm good for the 19th if it comes together. I'm stoked for a road trip since getting my new boxster tranny.... driving.gif
root
QUOTE(okieflyr @ Jun 11 2008, 06:45 PM) *

I'm good for the 19th if it comes together. I'm stoked for a road trip since getting my new boxster tranny.... driving.gif

You keep amazing me! What the 'HELL' Did you really hookup a boster tranny to the 1.8T? If so WHY? confused24.gif
VaccaRabite
I have let the wife know of the party. She has informed me of another party in Baltimore that day. We are in negotiations. I am feeling confident. Hopefully, I'll have the jeep sorted enough to drive.

Zach
scotty914
well maybe the subie will be back on the road by then. damn timing belt

oh i am invited arnt I.....????
plas76targa
Scottie914 - of course you're invited. We're always open for something or some-one to pick on drunk.gif Bring the subi pwrd 914.

Okieflyer - get the boxster transmission in, I need a new picture to add to my screen saver! (one photo from last years ecc is on my batch of screen saver photo's). will this tranny get you over 40 mpg on the hwy?

Zach, negotiate away. We'd like to see that Jeep-truck and the new little one too!

McMark - if you read this can you highlight the post?

Dr Evil
I wont know until the 7th of July if I can make it.

Matt, I have a dizzy for you smile.gif
type47
woo-hoo! SO changed her surgery to Sept so both of us plan on attending. ....also a BUMP icon_bump.gif
jimkelly
i hope to make it - won't know for sure until the last minute.

jim
Dr Evil
QUOTE(type47 @ Jun 17 2008, 07:03 PM) *

woo-hoo! SO changed her surgery to Sept so both of us plan on attending. ....also a BUMP icon_bump.gif

Sept, what? Remember that ECC is 27-28 smile.gif
type47
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 17 2008, 04:28 PM) *

QUOTE(type47 @ Jun 17 2008, 07:03 PM) *

Sept, what? Remember that ECC is 27-28 smile.gif

DOH! rescheduled for EARLY sept (1st week) biggrin.gif

and, uh, jimkelly, you could always drive one of the other 3 914's you have rolleyes.gif
type47
time to put a finish on the projects.... icon_bump.gif
okieflyr
I'm good to go. I've got 400 miles and an autox shakedown out of the way in the last two weeks. I think I'm close to 30 mpg now which is a good thing.
Looking forward to the drive to Frederick, and will toss out an invite to anybody that wants to caravan. driving.gif
Dr Evil
So far things are looking promising for me smile.gif
root
I'm good for the 19th!
Kyle's trying to finish his bike in time to go with me.
If he makes it Blackie will be the tool chaser vehicle for this trip! driving.gif
TeenerTim
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 30 2008, 12:27 AM) *

So far things are looking promising for me smile.gif

If we have a tranny clinic I volunteer my side-shift tranny to be the patient/example. I'll pay for new seals, gaskets, and any replacement parts that are needed. shades.gif
smdubovsky
Im in for the 19th. Just got the car back on the road yesterday. Carbs still need more work, but better than before.
plas76targa
time to icon_bump.gif

Teener Tim - I'll leave the transmission clinic up to the good Dr. I have the space, if he wants to get greasy and work on a transmission.

I'll edit the first post to include the Yes, No, and Maybe's. just over two weeks to go...
zymurgist
QUOTE(plas76targa @ Jun 4 2008, 02:06 PM) *

Zymurgist - Yes (considering the interest in your brew, you'd better say Yes)

heh heh...

I'm thinking pale ale. It's been aging in the keg for some time now. I'm going to keg the Saison today... that one is still a possibility but it's a recipe that I made up as I ent along so I don't know whether it will be fit for consumption. Oatmeal stout is still bubbling ever so slightly so I'm leaving it alone until it stops.

Or, in short - yes.
type47
drunk.gif beer3.gif beerchug.gif beer.gif chowtime.gif ... oh, and icon_bump.gif
Dr Evil
Looks like I am

IN! I made my call schedule today and took call on Sun after the BBQ smile.gif This gives me that Sat off piratenanner.gif

I am willing to do a tranny clinic. I wont be rebuilding one there as it will bee a lot more work than I want to do, but if you want to bring a box a long I will gladly diagnose it for you and let you know what you would need. smile.gif

Anyone with tranny issues, questions (not transsexual) feel free to PM me.
Dr Evil
WTF.gif No one cares that I am now coming? mad.gif poke.gif tongue.gif
VaccaRabite
Oh fine. Here, if it will sooth your insatiable ego.

Oh look! Weeeeeeeee. Mikes going to come! Mikes going to come!
IPB Image

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.