Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: clutch and throttle cables
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimkelly
when i step on the clutch - my rpm changed slightly for a split second and i can feel a click at the peddle - i have them interacting with each other ??

any ideas?

jim
r_towle
This is a very common problem.
Use a mirror and remove the front tunnel cover.
The accel cable is looped once over the clutch cable.
The issue is in front of the shifter...

If you use a mirror from the front, you can see it.
The fix is to unclip the accel cable and using long things like coat hangers or whatever you can...unloop it.

I take out the shifter also...its alot easier to look from the mirror up front, but reach in from the shifter side...

Rich
ericread
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jun 8 2008, 04:19 PM) *

This is a very common problem.
Use a mirror and remove the front tunnel cover.
The accel cable is looped once over the clutch cable.
The issue is in front of the shifter...

If you use a mirror from the front, you can see it.
The fix is to unclip the accel cable and using long things like coat hangers or whatever you can...unloop it.

I take out the shifter also...its alot easier to look from the mirror up front, but reach in from the shifter side...

Rich

agree.gif

I went through this myself about a month ago...

Time to get to know your tunnel really well headbang.gif
vesnyder
I struggled with this problem for a while. In my case my engine would spike when I pushed in the clutch. Not only were the cables intertwined but I was also getting interference at the end of the cables. What a PIA. Good luck!
jimkelly
thanks guys : )

jim
jimkelly
luckily my front cover is always off and i roll with no carpeting at all - i looked in with a mirror and small light and can easily see the twist - i popped off the throttle cable at the peddle assy bell crank - looped it under the clutch cable and reconnected it to the bell crank - all is good now - thanks - jim
ericread
Glat it worked out so easy for you smilie_pokal.gif

So what's with your big honkin picture in each post? Are you selling Real Estate or do you think you're pretty or somthin? laugh.gif

jimkelly
that is funny - i just started selling real estate and am using this old pic : ))
but i posted the pic hoping others would follow - as it would be nice to be able to put a face with a name. ok - i will put up a more recent and more grease-under-fingernails pic up instead : ))

QUOTE(ericread @ Jun 8 2008, 07:32 PM) *

Glat it worked out so easy for you smilie_pokal.gif

So what's with your big honkin picture in each post? Are you selling Real Estate or do you think you're pretty or somthin? laugh.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.