Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: post pics!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
stateofidleness
well that is exactly what i needed
thank you kind sir
seems like it will work more than adequately!
carr914
Last year's Christmas Card santa_smiley.gif

Click to view attachment
carr914
Click to view attachment bye1.gif
carr914
Does this count? biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
messix
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jun 9 2008, 06:33 PM) *

dont roll the car, or set any wieght on the rear without the inner hub in place...the male portion of the CV joint.

If you can, remove the whole axle, take the male end off and put that back in the hub...then you can service the CV joints while you wait.

As far as towing on a trailer, always cross your straps to prevent side to side jumping of the car...straight strapping will not survive and the car will hop...seen it on show cars, in closed trailers...

This is simple logic....cross the straps.

Rich

i don't cross my straps on the teener because there is enough diagonal pull at each corner. how ever on the jeep i have to because i attach to the frame to keep the body from bouncing into the side wall cabinets and ratchet it down very tight, and there is no way to get that much diagonal pull with out crossing.
just always make sure you are pulling at a down and out angle, straight back will not be secure.

this is what works for me with 15+ years of towing on forrest service roads, and broke my cherry on trailer and equipment hauling in high school working at construction equipment rental company. when you have 15 tons of dozer loaded behind you the last thing you want is for it to be moving around.
Eric_Shea
http://ventura.craigslist.org/pts/695530903.html
J P Stein
Yes, I have had trouble with just the single axle trailer once but ....I'm a CSOB. biggrin.gif
effutuo101
dry.gif
Does this count?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.