Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: A Most Sad Day
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SLITS
Normally I would not cross post to another site, but a disaster occured yesterday. Most of you will not know Wade and Jenn Stockhill (Arizona), but they lost their son yesterday. No speculation, but it resembles SIDS.

Saddness is a shared emotion.

Brock Stockhill

Rest in Peace Little One ...........
Rusty
There are no words for something like that.

sad.gif
championgt1
Very sad indeed. Best wishes for them. sad.gif
Root_Werks
sad.gif
Heeltoe914
Every parent's nightmare. I am so sorry to hear. Today I will stop and say a prayer for you and your son.
plymouth37
That is terrible, sending prayers their way.
jtf914
My cousin lost one of her sons to SIDS; it was the saddest funeral I have ever attended. God speed little guy...
Katmanken
So sorry to hear that. They have my utmost sympathy. SIDS in a child is devastating and you think it is your fault.

I went through that with my son.

He stopped breathing 7 times during his first day of life.

Spent the next 2 weeks in intensive care in the hospital- and he just kept doing it. Every time he stopped, we shook him and thumped him to get him going again.

Took him home with a monitor and he slept in bed with us.

Every time he stopped breathing for 15-20 seconds, the alarm went off.

That's the first time in my life that I knew fear...

Waking up in the middle of the night with the alarm shreiking and checking him for breathing. If he was breathing, try to go back to sleep. If he wasn't, shaking him to try to get him going again.

If they make it through the first year, there is a good chance they will stay alive. Some Vietnamese males die in their 20's from silent death syndrome.

John is now 21 and just fine, but that is a horrible stressful period of my life that I never want to see again.

Watch the breathing. John would take in a bunch of quick breaths, have plenty of oxygen and then hold his breath for awhile..... Then a gasp as he took in air, a bunch of quick breaths and shutdown again..... It's the shutdown they occasionally don't come out of.

Go with God little one.

Ken
Gint
I can't imagine anything worse. This is awful. My heart goes out to Waide and Jenn.
So.Cal.914
sad2.gif
r_towle
The is such a sad thing to hear.
My heart goes out to them and I wish them all the strength to get through this time.

Rich
Eric_Shea
As a parent... this hits hard. I can't even type without tears welling up in my eyes.

... sad.gif
ConeDodger
Oh my... That is so sad. My prayers are for them today...
watsonrx13
sad.gif
RJMII
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 27 2008, 10:07 AM) *

As a parent... this hits hard. I can't even type without tears welling up in my eyes.

... sad.gif

agree.gif
toon1
OMG, that's one of the sadest things that could ever happpen to a parent.

Best wishes
VaccaRabite
My son is also 2 1/2 months old. When I heard about it this morning, my heart jumped way into my throat. It is the one thing I am afraid of more then all others for my little boy. I don't know how any one deals with it.

My heart goes out to you.

Zach
Krieger
sad.gif God has a plan. And sometimes I think it sucks.
boxstr
sad.gif
Ian Stott
Deepest sympathies from Canada, I have three children and you all know how difficult it is to know what to say, my heart goes out to you.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
ericread
So sad.

Our thoughts are with you.

Eric Read

MoveQik
Thank you Ron for posting this here. I was in a bit of a rush to get back into town and did not get to it.

I will post updates as we go. I am going to see Waide here in the next hour.

Also - Thank you all that have donated. I am sure when the time is right that Waide & Jenn will thank each and everyone of you. You generosity is beyond words.
messix
a friend and former coworker lost one of his twin girls at 3 mths old to sids, very sad day, i was sent to the house with him, ... i can't finish.
MoveQik
Hey guys,

I went to see Waide & Jenn today. It is so difficult to see someone you care about hurting and not be able to help them. They are doing about as you would expect. They are surrounded by parents, family and friends so they are getting by minute to minute.

I told Waide what the 914 community is doing for him and his family and he teared up instantly. I wish I could convey how much they appreciate it. I know they will when they can.

MW
KELTY360
Unimaginable. Too sad for words. sad.gif
Mueller
Rest In Peace little fella...so, so sad to have read this this morning.....

Dr Evil
sad.gif
MrZir
I am so sorry for their loss. We lost our son to cancer, a type that only babies get and there is no effective treatment for. His funeral was six years ago today. It is still pretty rough, but it is easier now. The first five years it might as well have been yesterday. They have a long, lonely road ahead of them.
Eric_Shea
Also - Thank you all that have donated. I am sure when the time is right that Waide & Jenn will thank each and everyone of you. You generosity is beyond words.

Mike... I think there's an address and info floating around out there for those who want to donate. It would be good to post it here. I'm sure a lot of people want to help out...
euro911
Contact Mike Wills (MoveQik) if you would like to make a donation ...
PBritain
just, nothing to say to that....so sad, prayers and thoughts with them...
SLITS
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 27 2008, 10:40 PM) *

Mike... I think there's an address and info floating around out there for those who want to donate. It would be good to post it here. I'm sure a lot of people want to help out...

Ok Eric, I will do this for Waide & Jen ..... partial copy of an email Mike Wills sent"

It was suggested that financial help might be the only way that a lot of us can
help considering the sizeable funeral costs and other expenses that they will be
faced with at this unimaginable time. We would like to gather donations on their
behalf and present them with a cashier's check in the name of everyone that
donates. The amount of all donations will not be disclosed to anyone. We will
simply put your name on the card that you donated.

To get the money to them ASAP we will not be setting up an account. Please make checks payable to Kathy or Michael Wills and we will get a cashier's check for the total amount. We know this is incredibly short notice but we would like to
have the money to them by Wednesday, July 3rd prior to an anticipated funeral.

Our address is

9595 E. Jenan
Scottsdale, AZ 85260

Or you can send money via Paypal to: michaelwills@cox.net

Please forward this to anyone that you think might want to help.

Sincerely,

Michael & Kathy Wills
MoveQik
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 27 2008, 10:40 PM) *

Thanks Eric. You can send a check directly to me at:

Michael Wills
9595 E. Jenan Dr
Scottsdale, AZ 85260

Or you can send money via paypal to:

michaelwills@cox.net

Please know that this isn't "just throwing money at a problem" There is a need to help with thte funeral costs that they are facing. My wife and I will be giving them the money on Tuesday. If you sent something and we don't receive it by then, we will cover your donation until it arrives. Just shoot me an email or PM to let me know the amount.

Thanks.
SLITS
Oops..............
MoveQik
For the local folks, services for Brock will be Wednesday at 3pm at:

Christ Church of the Valley
7007 West Happy Valley Road
Peoria, AZ 85383
MoveQik
I want to thank the folks of the 914 community and all of the support that you have extended to Waide and his family. With contributions from you and Waide's friends outside of the 914 group, we have raised just over $6,500! I do not know how much a funeral costs but I have to assume that this will cover a big piece of it. In the event there is extra(which I would doubt there will be) I know there will be missed work, counselling...who knows? The money will certainly help for those things as well.

There are still some funds expected to arrive in the next day or two so we might even do better(so it isn't too late!)

Thank you guys again. I showed my wife the support received from everyone that owns these goofy cars and I think she is finally starting to get it. smile.gif
jcd914
Jenn and Waide,
I am so sorry for your loss. There are no words that can relieve the pain of your loss.

Almost 19 years ago we loss our youngest son, Steven, at age 2 yrs.
I do not know how we would have made it through without the help from The Compassionate Friends, a self-help support group for parents that have lost children.

www.compassionatefriends.org

You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Jim
MoveQik
These are the names I am putting on the card. If I missed your donation or one is on the way OR of I did not get your name right, PLEASE let me know and I will correct it. Thank you to all of you.

Alberto Banuelos
John Brewer
Mark Britell
Joe Buckle
Bryan Clingman
ClubNARP
Jeff & Christina Dixon
Mike Dodgen
Marianne Dranow
Mike Ferguson
Mike & Sharon Ginter
Trevor Gleadhill
Steve Grider
Lawrence Hager
George Henry
Steve & Andrea Hill
Linda Horne
Jim Hoyland
Jeffrey Johnson
Sean Lee
Eric & Val Lowe
John Maxwell
Brant McClung
Ron Meier
Mrs K
Mike Mueller
Mike Nagy
Travis Neff
Kent Olander
Clay & Betty Perrine
Steve & Sherida Peters
Johnathan Reiss
Greg & Susan Robbins
Jamie Rust
Glen Sager
Mark & Dianne Scheidemantel
Benjamin Schmalz
Scott & Amy Schroeder
Eric Shea
Greg Silva
Morgan Stein
Jim & Lyn Tabor
Andy Thonet
Michael & Kathy Wills
Charles Wittmer
MoveQik
I should add that there were several people that wished to remain anonymous as well.
6freak
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Jul 1 2008, 10:33 AM) *

I should add that there were several people that wished to remain anonymous as well.

I tear up just think`n about it ....God speed little one
WaideS
Hey all,

Jenn and I thank you for your thoughts from the bottom of our hearts.

Thank you for everything

Waide
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.