Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Rim size w/ GT Flares
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jmill
Looking at purchasing some 5 lug rims. What is the best rim and tire size for steel GT Flares? I know most folks run w/ spacers. Please let me know spacer size too.
Todd Enlund
I'm shopping too biggrin.gif

I'm doing a 5 lug conversion, and hope to run 7s and 8s.

Fit is also dependent on offset... early offset (23mm) wheels will need less spacer, if any, than late.

If you plan on aggressive driving, or racing, you also need to watch the scrub angle on the fronts... bad scrub angle will make your fronts fight each other and you lose grip. I haven't done the calculations on that one yet, but I'm sure that 7s can be setup properly, not sure about 8s.

Tire size... overall diameter will affect your effective gear ratio. Width is dependent on wheel width and clearance.

How you plan on driving the car will make a difference in your selection.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(jmill @ Jun 27 2008, 03:55 PM) *

Looking at purchasing some 5 lug rims. What is the best rim and tire size for steel GT Flares? I know most folks run w/ spacers. Please let me know spacer size too.

7 and 9 without spacers
jmill
With the GT flare group buy going on there is going to be at least 10 of us shopping. It's going to be a good time to sell some 5 lug rims. biggrin.gif

I was hoping to beat the rush and pick some up before the rest of the fellas. My main concern is that they fill up the fenders. I'm going to drive it hard. Rubbing can't happen.
PeeGreen 914
I'm running 15x8s with a 1"spacer in the rear. Tires are 225 50 r15 Toyo RA1s. No rub.
JRust
I've got a set of 993 wheels. They are 7x16 front's & 16x8's for rear. Right now I have the 17x7's on the rear with a 1"spacer. 8's were to big with stock body. Once I flair I will be putting the 8's on the rear. Probably be closer to a 2" spacer but we will see. My 1.5" spacer doesn't look like it's enough. Won't know till I come up with the dough for my flares confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.