Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: transmission shift rod
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mattp
I put the engine and transmission back in car but transmission is in gear regardless of shifter?
How can I make sure shifter and transmission are in sync without starting car? (new engine need to break it in)
Thanks, Matt
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(mattp @ Jun 27 2008, 06:34 PM) *

I put the engine and transmission back in car but transmission is in gear regardless of shifter?
How can I make sure shifter and transmission are in sync without starting car? (new engine need to break it in)
Thanks, Matt

Disconnect shifter near the shifter and put the tranny in neutral at the tranny
Dr. Roger
QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Jun 27 2008, 09:13 PM) *

QUOTE(mattp @ Jun 27 2008, 06:34 PM) *

Thanks, Matt

Disconnect shifter near the shifter and put the tranny in neutral at the tranny

you'll see the disconnect shifter thing under the carpet at the red arrow.
rhodyguy
you mean to say you can't engage any of the gears at all? can you have someone work the shifter while you go under the car to see what's going on?

k
mattp
the car is in gear, I dont know which one (other than NOT reverse) when I connect the shifter it will not go into 2nd or 4th or reverse (top of shift pattern)
I also cant seem to get it out of gear by disconnecting shift rod (at bulhead) and moving it around.
any help would be great.
rhodyguy
try moving the coupler on the bottom of the shift lever forward forward on the front rod (lenghtening the whole assem). freeplay should be the roughly the same, while in engaged r/2/4 plane and the 1/3/5 plane. mark the point on the front of the front rod where it's currently at with a fine tip sharpie so you can gauge how great of an adj you make. adj accordingly.

push the clutch pedal in.

k
mattp
I'm sorry, I do not understand you. Let me take a shot: reconnect shifter rod at bulkhead, disconnect shifter adjustment under the rug at the shifter,
then reconnect when transmission is in neutral and shifter is in neutral?

How do I get transmission in neutral?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.