Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What size webers for stock 2.0 litre?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
james2
So my 73 has a pinto carb on it. i got it cranked today, but i'm not interested in playing with the single two barrel, did that on VW.

I'm thinking a set of 44IDFs would be nice, other option would be to hunt down the orginal EFI.

I'm leaning towards the weber because i have experience with them.

I have a set of 48 DRLA's, but I think they will be too big.
db9146
I had 44IDFs on a 2.0 I had back ing the '80s. Once it was jetted properly, it ran well. I also had a Bursch muffler and it sounded pretty good as well.

r_towle
if you are shopping, 40mm webers are better suited.

Rich
rhodyguy
what's more important than the stamping on the side of the carbs is the size of the main venturi. for a stockish 2.0, 40s with 28mm vents work nicely. 44s with vent size reduced to 32 work well and are more adaptable to larger engines. on my engine, doing the size up with values noted seems to have resulted in more top end.
SGB
44's will be too big to plug & play. Use 40 idf with 28mm venturis, and tall intake manifolds and velocity stacks.
james2
I spotted some nice 40 DRLA's on ebay. I believe they came stock with the 32mm venturis.

I just sold a set of 40's with 32 vents not long ago. Should have kept them.

Jake Raby
40 IDF
32mm vents
130 mains
200 airs
55 idles
f11 emulsion
That will bolt on and run beautifully.

40 Dells are the best, they come stock with 34mm vents, 140 mains, 180 airs and a 60 idle :-)

James, call me.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.