Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Camber Trouble
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Hey all,

got a little bowing outward of the back wheels. Is this camber as mention in title or something else going on? No spacers are on car. Is there a camber control in rear that can be adjusted or replaced?

Thanks in advance for thoughts and ideas...

jkp
cobra94563
you can add/reduce camber by more/less shims under the outside rear control arm mount. Person in the vendor section sell shims - you can see what they look like.
blitZ
The rear camber is adjusted using shims. It sounds you have a bit of negative camber, which is an aggressive setup for better cornering. My rear wheels bow out for the same reason. Are you having cornering problems?
Jeffs9146
Yes, if you add shims your camber will change! While you are in there you should check the suspension ear hole and make sure it is not ovaled!
TeenerTim
IPB Image
www.EngmanParts.com
NO cornering issues at all.. w00t.gif
Matter of fact it is on rails! I have drivin 6 to 8 different 914's (not that many I know) and none of them corner like this car. None of them had a 911 setup under the front end with 16x7(205/55) track tires all round either.. biggrin.gif

Was just concerned that I might have trouble back there. A PO was going to track race it so the setup could be very aggressive. I will look into the shimes because I want to drive it weekly with new tires but don't want to wear those tires out prematurely. Am going to purchase BFG G-Force for the street.

Will also inspect sups. ear hole for ovaling. The rear looks fairly new tho.

Thanks for all input
jkp
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.