Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: a screeching groan everytime i pushed on the gas
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
started with the carb linkage and worked my way forward. shot bushings for the cable pivot arm. sloopy and binding. no time to rebush/finish the assem before a week from friday. had a better bushed pedal assem on hand that has sume surface but good shaft bushings with little to none side slop. an oil eater soak, some brake cleaner, and a wire brush. i'll do a quick Mar-hyde treatment for the rust, arrest the small ammount under pedal base and rattle can it with some Zero-rust. i have a rebush kit for the one i took out and will rebuild it at a later date. i have a new cable, might as replace the old one while i'm in this deep. more pictures as i go along.
r_towle
just rebush the accel piece on the pedal assembly...that is only a few minutes to do.

Oil or Petroleum will make the nylon bushings swell and work worse...

Rich
championgt1
Stopped by Kevins house on the way home. A little mar-hyde it looks good as new.

Plug and play! driving.gif
LarryR
Its just your cars audible protest to the current price of gas beerchug.gif

championgt1
av-943.gif
Demick
QUOTE(LarryR @ Jul 1 2008, 08:21 PM) *

Its just your cars audible protest to the current price of gas beerchug.gif

Ha Ha. As I was scanning through topics, I read this one at first as:
"screeching groan everytime I purchase gas"

I thought: that's normal - everyone's experiencing that!!

Demick
rhodyguy
the Marhyde converts the rust to a sandable, paintable surface.

Zero Rust is a great rattle can paint. i used it when i did my front suspension. wears like iron and any touch up is a squirt away. don't expect krylon pricing. think eric shay uses Zero Rust on some of the items he carries.

i listened to you rich. dug out the bushing kit and will use the 2 for the throttle pivot. thanks for the push!

Zundfolge
You've got carbs eh? So what does the carb end of the cable set up look like?

On mine (2.0l w/carbs) the cable runs to a stop that is much lower than the arm on the hex bar so it comes out of the cable casing at a bit of an angle, this has caused me to go through several cables (so I'm redesigning it this weekend when yet another new cable comes in).

Might look at that end too.
ericread
Any chance you got a cat caught in there??? mad.gif

laugh.gif

rhodyguy
btw. before you invest a bunch of time cleaning up and installing a replacement pedle assem make sure the clutch return spring on the right side of the assem has 2 good ends on it. headbang.gif bs.gif av-943.gif in, out, oops, fix original, in...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.