Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Psgr seatbelt mount location?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kpfoten

Hi,

Putting the car back together--the passenger seatbelt was not hooked up by the PO. Can somebody tell me where the lower mounting point of the shoulder harness goes on the passenger side? Is it different than the drivers side--I can only find one place that it might bolt up and that is on the rear firewall and not the longitudinal.

Oh yeah, and the bolt is a little smashed up--does anyone know a size offhand?

I'd like to get this together so my fiance doesn't get mad at me for not being able to give her a ride... smile.gif

Thanks,

Kris

'73
r_towle
The lower bolt is in the exact same position on both sides, on both longs.
Its a captured nut inside the long.

the bolt is 7/16 fine thread (Per Cap'n)
I guess there was a meeting years ago in some remote hut in the upper alps where all the car makers agreed on one thing.
7/16 fine threaded seat belt bolts..

no idea why.

Rich
kpfoten
Ha! Thanks. I'll have to look closer... I think the carpet was glued on and junk may be covering that nut...

k
AvalonFal
This might help.

Click to view attachment

Paul
kpfoten

Thanks Paul!

Unfortunately, when I pulled up the carpet, I realized that the PO welded in a 1/8" or so plate along the long, COVERING the bolt. ARRGH. I'm not sure why--maybe a stiffen up the chassis? The car is relatively rust free..

Any ideas what I can do? Things just got more difficult and my fiance wants a ride! smile.gif

Kris

SirAndy
QUOTE(kpfoten @ Jul 2 2008, 05:12 PM) *

I realized that the PO welded in a 1/8" or so plate along the long, COVERING the bolt. ARRGH. I'm not sure why

to cover up the rust ...
shades.gif Andy
kpfoten
HAH! Makes me want to get a nice donor body eventually!!!! (give me a couple years...)

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 2 2008, 06:41 PM) *

QUOTE(kpfoten @ Jul 2 2008, 05:12 PM) *

I realized that the PO welded in a 1/8" or so plate along the long, COVERING the bolt. ARRGH. I'm not sure why

to cover up the rust ...
shades.gif Andy

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.