Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Restoring Gauges
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ncfj40
I need to refurbish some 914 gauges. I know there are places that specialize in this but I want to do it myself. I'm looking for a source for new or colored faces. I would also like to build a triple gauge as found in a thread on this site. Can anyone point me to the source for that kit?

Thanks for any information.
Joe Bob
EvilBay sells gauge faces for VDOs. The issue is, the bezel. You need patience and dental/jeweler tools......
computers4kids
QUOTE(ncfj40 @ Jul 5 2008, 03:59 PM) *

I need to refurbish some 914 gauges. I know there are places that specialize in this but I want to do it myself. I'm looking for a source for new or colored faces. I would also like to build a triple gauge as found in a thread on this site. Can anyone point me to the source for that kit?

Thanks for any information.

Mark does excellent work...his website.
marks914
We do hunderds of gauges, espescially custom work. A basic gauge redo with a quad gauge package starts at $375, most shops charge $500 for the quad and another $400 for the tach and speedo.
We can do an overlay, or screen depending on your budget.
We can just sell the faces as well. We have even shipped the overlays alone and had the customer put them on.
Mark

IPB Image

John does the triple gauges here:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=58970
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.