Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: upgraded fuse box
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kenpolives
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2456698768

Has anyone here upgraded their fuse box, this kit looks good but.......
Qarl
That would be our very own James Adams.

Check our vendor listing.

I have it (not installed yet), and it looks and feels as advertised.
seanery
I plan on installing one when it warm enough to do so.
Korijo
ditto...
eldiosyeldiablo
Nice but to rich for my blood. I'll wait till mine gives out.

Good work though. Looks professional. smilie_pokal.gif
echocanyons
thats real slick James!

Can you give us an idea as to how tough this is to install?
JWest
Thanks for the kudos.

The install requires two 1/4" holes to be drilled in the fuse/relay plate (the black metal panel that unbolts from the car). Then it is all plug-and-play - just swap the wires over. It would be wise to clean all the original wire terminals while you are in there, so I would give it an hour for the job.
seanery
how's the "irritation" or annoyance factor while you're under there doing that?
JWest
QUOTE(seanery @ Jan 26 2004, 09:17 PM)
how's the "irritation" or annoyance factor while you're under there doing that?

That's pretty hard to quantify!

Access is not really a problem, as it hangs down (you don't have to do it while upside-down or anything like that). The biggest issue would be keeping the wire positions straight, and if you are methodical in swapping it should not be a big deal.

I included the wire colors that go to each fuse on the cover labels, so that will help out, too.
hargray2
NICE

how many do you have to sell before the price drops?
hargray2
QUOTE(James Adams @ Jan 26 2004, 07:15 PM)
The install requires two 1/4" holes to be drilled in the fuse/relay plate (the black metal panel that unbolts from the car). Then it is all plug-and-play - just swap the wires over. It would be wise to clean all the original wire terminals while you are in there, so I would give it an hour for the job.

Don't forget to disconnect your battery or you might be sad sad.gif
Gint
Can we do a group buy!?!?!?!

Just kidding James. Thanks for knocking out another great product. When my car finally makes it back to the streets, it will be shifted courtesy of your shifter.
Dave_Darling
...And it fits right in the place of the stocker?

Dang, James--another winner!

--DD
tat2dphreak
looks great!! I'll have to upgrade when I run out of all of these fuses... a vw place went out of business, I bought 4 complete fuse sets! biggrin.gif
mikester
That's definitely on my list of things to buy, I was looking at it yesterday.

It's friggin awesome.
jridder
Very nice. I would caution people that the quick disconnect receptacles on the wires are quite brittle. I had to remove one and when I put it back on it seemed a little loose so I tried to bend it a bit with some pliers. I was very careful to only bend it a little bit but it still cracked and I had to replace it.
hargray2
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Jan 27 2004, 11:42 AM)
looks great!! I'll have to upgrade when I run out of all of these fuses... a vw place went out of business, I bought 4 complete fuse sets! biggrin.gif

They sell euro fuses at pep boys ya know.
tat2dphreak
yea, I just got a good deal on these... 2$ /set (30 fuses, various amps) I think
zehrschnell914
Considering the limited market, I'm very pleased that someone was willing to put all of the work into producing one of these! I'm putting this on my list of things to do this summer (the list is getting crowded and expensive!).
kenpolives
I broke out the credit card and I should have it in a few days. I'll let everyone know how the install goes. My big problem will to find the missing yellow wire that should have been attached to my right headlight fuse. I didn't know why the light wasn't going on (new car) until I pulled out the old fusebox.......
JWest
QUOTE(kenpolives @ Jan 29 2004, 05:24 PM)
I broke out the credit card and I should have it in a few days. I'll let everyone know how the install goes. My big problem will to find the missing yellow wire that should have been attached to my right headlight fuse. I didn't know why the light wasn't going on (new car) until I pulled out the old fusebox.......

It should arrive by Monday.

BTW, I forgot to address your yellow wire concern in the e-mail. There should be one yellow wire on the aft (rear of car) side of the #4 fuse, and no wire on #3 (3 and 4 are bussed together).

There should be a yellow wire on the front of both #3 and #4 fuses.

Does the high beam work on that side? If not, check the ground that is a 10mm nut on the back side of the headlight bucket (under the hood).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.