Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 SHOOTOUT IN MARINA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Pages: 1, 2
DanT
I don't think it is the issue of going to another pond JP...

I think what Grant was referring to are the relative numbers.

More than likely to get more 914s to show up for a California event than for an Oregon/Washington event. And I tend to agree.

This past weekend the vast majority of the 30+ cars that were there were Cal cars.

not to say we wouldn't get a pretty good showing up north, just not as many overall.
DanT
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Aug 6 2008, 08:31 AM) *

QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Aug 5 2008, 05:37 PM) *

just never really got the entire course in my head on Sunday... confused24.gif

seemed like I would mess up in a spot, correct it on the next run and then screw up somewhere else....

I did have a 41.9 and sunday PM but coned that turkey right after the lights on the right side.... sad.gif

regardless of that, it was a great weekend all the way around...not near as many issues to deal with as I had imagined.

JP. I would really like to come north next year, and I think Larry is game also...we can probably get a few others to tag along also, since this was such a fun weekend.

we just need to source a 914 or two to drive..

If I still have the 914 then it will be much more capable and I'd entertain going and sharing with you and Larry. But I really think to be practical next event should be in California - I dont think we would get many people attending with that type of drive.

Grant, if we did that, I could pull the trailer/car with my Suburban. We could all ride up in relative comfort together. Would be much cheaper and smarter than taking 2 or 3 different vehicles up.
J P Stein
QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Aug 6 2008, 12:16 PM) *

I don't think it is the issue of going to another pond JP...

I think what Grant was referring to are the relative numbers.

More than likely to get more 914s to show up for a California event than for an Oregon/Washington event. And I tend to agree.

This past weekend the vast majority of the 30+ cars that were there were Cal cars.

not to say we wouldn't get a pretty good showing up north, just not as many overall.

Yes and if the event were held at Packwood, the majority of the 914s would be from the NW......I agree tho, maybe 20 cars would be the max.

Maybe Grant is right in a way. Brit already wupped the NWPCA & Zone 7 this year....why dead horse.gif happy11.gif
PeeGreen 914
I would have to say we would have more than 20 down there. I have never been to Pacwood and I would show up for something like this. We would likely have all the 914s from Bremerton would be down there. All the guys from Oregon would be there. That alone is about 30.
J P Stein
You well may be right, Jon, but I think conservative. I figure 5 guys from Portland, the rest would have to come out of the Puget Sound area....maybe a couple from BC.
Chris Pincetich
Got some photos - Thanks Trekkor and Cliff beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.