Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCR 2009
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
sww914
If you guys decide to split the difference between the Bay Area and LA and have it in the SLO area, I promise to make lots of commitments and promises, only to flake out at the last minute. I promise. biggrin.gif
That said, Coming from the north, it looks like this- 3 hours to get to LA, another 2 1/2 to get through LA to the OC.
So.Cal.914
This must be the map your useing biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

Sleepin
Vegas! biggrin.gif It is technically South Eastern California anyways!
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Jul 20 2008, 02:01 AM) *

Oh the Navadites are going to be thrilled to be informed of that.

av-943.gif av-943.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Jul 20 2008, 08:39 AM) *

QUOTE(Sleepin @ Jul 20 2008, 02:01 AM) *

Oh the Navadites are going to be thrilled to be informed of that.

av-943.gif av-943.gif

Shhh... If Ahhnald gets wind of the fact that Las Vegas is in South Eastern California he is going to need to hire more tax collectors. Lots and lots of them!!! biggrin.gif
6freak
QUOTE(JRust @ Jul 19 2008, 09:37 PM) *

AS nice as it would be to have one within an hour of where you live. Realistically we all will have to travel quite a bit. I like the Nor Cal specifically for distance. Still a nice 6-9 hours depending on where it is. I doubt very much I would make the trip south of LA. As much as I would like to that is just to far. With gas prices being what they are along with Hotels on the coast confused24.gif That will make for a very spendy trip. Probably not in the cards for me.

Who knows you can't please everyone. I'll have a pretty long drive either way. There will always be some ready to make the big trip. This years was nice at only 5 hours away. I don't mind traveling farther. Just doubt a So Cal will be in the cards. It will be a great time for everyone for sure. I love the idea of getting some track time drooley.gif . See what you guys come up with & I will do my best.

Kudos to whoever organizes the event. It is a huge undertaking & you rock for doing it aktion035.gif

Im with ya on that one JRust ...Northern Cali
rick 918-S
biggrin.gif Come on you whimps. slap.gif Drive em like ya stole em. aktion035.gif I've driven from MN to So Cal in the Alien. assimilate.gif I would have come to 08 if I didn't have double college tuition this year. (oh and an engine would have helped wacko.gif )

I wub.gif So Cal. Let the planners get it done. driving.gif
ConeDodger
Pretty much the reality is that the SoCal guys have stepped up and volunteered and they will be the ones who decide what shape and location the event takes.

We go through this every year... The location is announced and people denounce the location. Last year it was "Seattle! That is in the middle of nowhere!"

You have to decide if you can go or not but the reality is it is going to be in SoCal in 2009... If you want it closer, volunteer to organize it next year.
craig downs
Did you guys forget you had it in the Bay area last year?
dw914er
ill try to show up to the meeting, and assist

SLO or so cal work for me

I live in slo, but my car is in so cal anyways
mstein95
May, huh? Is the Memorial Day weekend being considered? idea.gif

+/- a week around Memorial Day might help us North-enders. I am planning a week+ off of work. Nice to get that extra travel day in somehow.

Maybe traffic is extra, extra fuggly that weekend in SoCal - bad idea? blink.gif
JoeSharp
Personaly I like Memorial weekend, as all of the traffic will be out-bound Friday and returning Monday. Just the oppsite of what we should be doing. I will bring it up as a suggestion.
The General
Attention, troops - as recently retired WCR08 organizing veteran, I must first congratulate Joe and his squad for stepping up and getting 09 in the planning stages - you guys rock!!

While not thrilled by 20(?)+ hours of seat time in our little go-cart, I will definitely travel down to SoCal wherever the event is held - my travel may be by air while Greenie cruises the highways, but we will both plan on being there!
OK, who am I kidding? Reality is I won't be able to let Curt take off on another most excellent 914World adventure without me by his side, so we'll end up driving down together . . .

Joe, at your planning meeting you will get lots of good ideas, a multitude of suggestions, plenty of willing and eager volunteers - biggrin.gif

Greenie and I are always available by PM if you have any questions . . . been there, done that, . . . just remember to breeeaaaattthhheee

Looking forward to a May 09 getaway - whooo hoooo!!
euro911
There was like this really a HUGE turnout for the kick-off meeting at 'In & Out' last night ... shades.gif

I've committed myself to help plan this event screwy.gif ... hope more of youse attend the next meeting poke.gif
G e o r g e
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jul 25 2008, 02:55 PM) *

There was like this really a HUGE turnout for the kick-off meeting at 'In & Out' last night ... shades.gif

I've committed myself to help plan this event screwy.gif ... hope more of youse attend the next meeting poke.gif

Hey I'm not that large...

but any Socal folks that would like to help with The Event , PM Mr Joe Sharp to get on the planning team, jackstands not required

SLITS
For the next meeting ... make it at Joe's house on a WEEKEND

I was there ..... but it was Wednesday night .... where in the hell were you peeps?
JoeSharp
We were late Ron, we didn't get there until 8:45 pm Thursday.
euro911
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Jul 25 2008, 04:45 PM) *

We were late Ron, we didn't get there until 8:45 pm Thursday.

8:45 unsure.gif ... it wasn't THAT late ... was it? confused24.gif
Traffic was atrocious dry.gif

I believe I heard: The next meeting WILL be at Joe's house.

Plus - That was the smallest In & Out I've ever been to
So.Cal.914
Should have seen the in-n-out on Arrow Hwy. I think it had 5 parking spots. It was not much bigger that Joe's coach.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.