Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0 rebuild part 2
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nycchef
picked up a pair of weber 40's from rmital today. missing some of the linkage and manifolds. want to rebuild. does anyone have a pic of a complete set-up so i can see what i don,t have. also where can i find a manual on how to do it (pdf would be great)
Id on carbs
weber
brevettato
40 idf 48 3k
904svo
Goto webercarbs.com for the carburetor parts list. They also have more
information there that you will need.

nycchef
QUOTE(904svo @ Jul 20 2008, 03:36 PM) *

Goto webercarbs.com for the carburetor parts list. They also have more
information there that you will need.

checked out the weber sites, but still can't find the linkage or manifolds for a type 4 application. anyone one know where i can get them
rmital
just a helpful icon_bump.gif for Richie...need info on these relics
nycchef
QUOTE(904svo @ Jul 21 2008, 11:56 AM) *

thanks found em.
i am going rebuild these to stock weber specs ie;
28 main venturi
115 main jet
200 airs
50 idles
f11 emulsion
will ths work o a 2.0 with a web cam or should i change it. i don,t notor cross just want a peppy daily driver
Jake Raby
Those venturis are too small for a 2 liter engine. The stock 28mm vents are for a 1500-1600cc engine.
try
32 vents
200 airs
130 mains
55 idle
F11 emulsion

Thats baseline for sea level.
nycchef
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Jul 21 2008, 12:28 PM) *

Those venturis are too small for a 2 liter engine. The stock 28mm vents are for a 1500-1600cc engine.
try
32 vents
200 airs
130 mains
55 idle
F11 emulsion

Thats baseline for sea level.

thanks jake will do
nycchef
new problems tore down the other carb and it's a real mess. rust dirt actually found sand in the bottom. also one trottle plate screw is broken off. will have to replace both plates and the shaft.read in one post that the best way to clean out the carb is to boil it. does that mean in water? would like to make sure it,s cleanable before i start ordering parts. any ideas? blink.gif
Leo Imperial
Mix and match with the set I have. One is good and the other has rust along with the noturious "sand" which I am guessing comes from the fuel break down or settling over time. I am surre the two sets combined should get you close.
nycchef
QUOTE(Leo Imperial @ Jul 21 2008, 09:20 PM) *

Mix and match with the set I have. One is good and the other has rust along with the noturious "sand" which I am guessing comes from the fuel break down or settling over time. I am surre the two sets combined should get you close.

thanks sunshine. think they might survive. waiting for weber to tell me if they have the throttle shaft in stock. if so , i plan to drill out the screws and replace the whole assembly. i have some parts like the mains , venturis and idle jets that are fine , you can use them on the bus.
rhodyguy
good luck on this adventure. personally i'd send the out to:

Air Cooled Engineering
360 W. 6100 #A
Salt Lake City UT 84107
801-747-3341

call and explain the issues with your carbs.

k
nycchef
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jul 22 2008, 07:12 AM) *

good luck on this adventure. personally i'd send the out to:

Air Cooled Engineering
360 W. 6100 #A
Salt Lake City UT 84107
801-747-3341

call and explain the issues with your carbs.

k

may come to that but right know i have more time than money and i am starting to take this thing personally. looking for a shop to ultrasound clean them around here. i'll use your guys as plan b, plan c is to shoot my 914 and lease a 911.
thanks headbang.gif
Dr Evil
How much rust does your car have? I may consider putting you out of your misery and just buying it from you so you can lease that 911 guilt free smile.gif

Seriously happy11.gif
nycchef
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 22 2008, 04:52 PM) *

How much rust does your car have? I may consider putting you out of your misery and just buying it from you so you can lease that 911 guilt free smile.gif

Seriously happy11.gif

soon it will have none. once the engine comes out will re-do the engine bay. have the longs strengthened and por 15 the bottom. next year re build the front end drop in the carbed 2.0 and it will be perfect. i've gotten a lot better at thios than the last time you saw me. unless..; well stress test tomorrow. you might get the car in my will smoke.gif
Dr Evil
I have not given you clearance to be sick mad.gif

Obey!
nycchef
can anyone recommend a shop that can ultrasound clean my carbs? want to make sure they're as clean as new before i rebuild. as usual can't find anyone in nyc.
HeloMech
Did you ever find the pics of carbs and linkage you were looking for?

I just picked these carbs up with the linkage. I pulled them from a 2.0L for my 2.0L.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=86326
nycchef
QUOTE(HeloMech @ Jul 24 2008, 08:41 AM) *

Did you ever find the pics of carbs and linkage you were looking for?

I just picked these carbs up with the linkage. I pulled them from a 2.0L for my 2.0L.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=86326

not yet just p/u manifolds. what size carbs are those? you have 2 fuel inlet pipes where mine have 1 and a plug on the other side. also what did you guys mean you are missing a barrel? do you want to sell the linkage?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.