Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear brake cable attachment pictorial
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
neo914-6
This car had no e-brake because it was a track car and the Haynes and Pelican diagram's weren't so clear to me.

Pelican Part #'s, hope this helps...

bracket on trailing arm:

Click to view attachment

new cable:

Click to view attachment

hmmm, can't see the clip groove:

Click to view attachment

could be the powdercoat thickness:

Click to view attachment

fix with grinder, file, and rattlecan:

Click to view attachment

ahh, clip (swivel pin 99918801702) fits now:

Click to view attachment

Good thing new rubber boot is very pliable (Hand Brake Sealing Sleeve 914-424-591-00-OEM):

Click to view attachment

Insert pin and clip (Hood Shock Lock Ring 911 Turbo 89-94 N-012-645-2-M100), completed assembly:

Click to view attachment

next the handbrake side...
pin31
Nice pictures !! Classic thread material.

Very helpful beerchug.gif
toon1
Thank's for noting the powder coat prob.. I am getting ready to P coat some trailing arms myself.

Good pics.
neo914-6
On the handbrake side there appears to be something missing. Spring and where it attaches. McMark installed the Engman chassis kit but there's some other sheetmetal between the pass through tubes/holes. Where does the spring attach?

Click to view attachment

Hope this is correct:

Click to view attachment

Something else is missing, the pivot bolt. I have a bolt that fits but without the shoulder. Looks like I'll need some parts...

Click to view attachment

Oh snap, Return spring (OEM-91442454500) is $24.25, is there an "alternative"?

Sealing sleeve (914-424-592-00) at engine bay side is NLA, may check the dealer

Bolt, for, pawl (901-424-511-00-OEM ) $1.00

Could use a brake arm thin bushing too (Bush OEM-91442424700) $9.00

Click to view attachment
roadster fan
Felix,

I probably have the spring you need, will go dig around. There is a tab with a hole where the spring attaches mounted between the tubes in your pic. I will try and take a pic of the one on my 73.

I used a regular bolt from the hardware store, works great.

I used a nylon bushing from OSH that was the approx size, split it to make it fit snug and was done with it for .50cents.

I am heading up to pick up the shifters before I dig around in the parts
stash shades.gif

Jim
watsonrx13
Felix, here's a shot from my website.... As Jim stated, it's just a tab spot welded to the firewall...

BTW, glad to see you back on the board, I hope things are going well for you.

-- Rob

IPB Image
neo914-6
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Jul 30 2008, 04:11 PM) *

Felix, here's a shot from my website.... As Jim stated, it's just a tab spot welded to the firewall...

BTW, glad to see you back on the board, I hope things are going well for you.

-- Rob

Hey Rob!

Things are not as well as I'd like but I'm still alive and kicking so I might as well get a few things done. biggrin.gif

Thanks for the pic, can you tell I love pictorials? It looks like my tab is not whole and bent down. It may have enough metal to drill a new hole...
jim_hoyland
How does the spring function ? Does the handbrake work different if it's missing ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.