Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tail Light Wiring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
STL914
Can someone post a drawing or sketch showing how the tail lights in a '72 should be hooked up; what color wires go to which spades?

Also, which bulbs should flash when the directional are activated? The light hand acts differently than the right hand assembly.
Sorry I don't have the direct link.....but search for Tail Light Wiring in the Title Only. There are several good threads with pics and sketches..

Good Luck
JKP
dbgriffith75
I don't know if there's any difference in wire color, but here's how it's wired up on my '75. I did my best to colorize it for you.

Click to view attachment
G e o r g e
1c
G e o r g e
2d
dbgriffith75
Oh sure, I go to the work of making a sketch for the guy, and you just swoop in here with your fancy digital camera and your put together car and your original wiring harness and show him how it should be!

Well, that's the last time I ever make an effort for somebody else!

... biggrin.gif
Todd Enlund
http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/914_electrical_diagrams.htm

I have a melted wire under the dash... I discovered that the left high beam headlight is (well, in my case, was) grounded through the high beam indicator in the tach!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.